3DXChat Community

Light sources limit in home editor

Guest MichaelSins

Guest MichaelSins

Hello everyone, hope all of you are having great fun in this amazing game :D :D :D  I'm also having fun, but not that much thanks to an annoying bug  :angry: :angry: :angry: I CAN'T ADD LIGHTS TO MY APARTMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem started 3 days after I started playing ( 3 weeks ago ) I customized my apartments very well, but after 3 days, I tried to add some light cubes, but I was surprised when I couldn't do it.

The problem is : when you highlight furniture to add them, they get highlighted in grey squares. When I try to add lights, they don't get highlighted in that grey square. I tried to find a solution to the problem but I couldn't find any. So I tried creating another character, and the problem was solved. THE BIGGEST ISSUE HERE : My main character who has the problem has many friends and even a GF  :wub: and I can't afford to lose all that if I delete him and create a new one. ANYONE HELP ME???

Actually the light sources limit is at 7 and as Achilles said only cubes are limitless.

>If you have 6 or less light sources in your home, you can add as much cubes as you want.

> TV counts as light source as well (limited at 1 per home)

>If you need 7 lamps (or 6 lamps and tv) + cubes in your home, the best option is to :

add 6 lamps (or 5 lamps and tv), then all the cubes you need (they are still limitless at that point) and then add the seventh lamp at last.

The light source limit has been put in place to help performance, and avoid lags in homes.

Actually the limit is at 7 and as Achilles said only cubes are limitless.

I thought TV and radio are also light sources?

Or is it include radio and TV an limit of 7 light sources?

Just ask because I'm self not sure about :unsure:

- Only Tv's count as light source and are included in the limit of 7. And they have an extra restriction, because only 1 per home.

- Radios are limitless, and don't count as light source.

:)

PS : Edited the OP's title as it is not a bug, and to help future members with the same questions.

Actually the light sources limit is at 7 and as Achilles said only cubes are limitless.

>If you have 6 or less light sources in your home, you can add as much cubes as you want.

> TV counts as light source as well (limited at 1 per home)

>If you need 7 lamps (or 6 lamps and tv) + cubes in your home, the best option is to :

add 6 lamps (or 5 lamps and tv), then all the cubes you need (they are still limitless at that point) and then add the seventh lamp at last.

The light source limit has been put in place to help performance, and avoid lags in homes.

Just wish they would somehow make stream volume of the TV channels max with in-game volume of music streams and avi sounds. Atm the TV's sound volume a bit overwhelming as seem to be no really way to turn it don't exclusively.

Just wish they would somehow make stream volume of the TV channels max with in-game volume of music streams and avi sounds. Atm the TV's sound volume a bit overwhelming as seem to be no really way to turn it don't exclusively.

You can open your Volume Mixer, and disable or lower "Awesomium Process" slidder.

It will control your tv sound.

Since I blocked it, I don't have the tv sounds in any rooms no more, and I couldn't be happier about it :P

CvjVwKV.png

I use the control on the Red Tube in screen, usually muting it or lowering it.  Might need a particular resolution so that it fits well and control is visible.  Left click mute for the win. :)

Edited:  I'm using 1600 x 900, and controls show within the screen along the bottom.

• 11 months later...

Hi all.

I'm new around here and thought I probably ought to make my place look like I've at least made a little bit of effort, rather than the default setting.  I can hardly invite a lady back if the apartment looks entirely like many other peoples.

Having trouble with lighting in that I can't pick lights at all.  I seem to be able to select every other type of object but not lights.  Am I doing something wrong or is it the same for everyone?  And if so, if someone could fix it then that would be cool.

Thanks and see you around.

Thanks guys.  I wanted to add light cubes but couldn't add any lights at all.  Deleting a light solved the problem.  I previously avoided doing that because I thought I might not be able to add them back and I don't want to do it in complete darkness :P

What do you mean by Vanilla client?  Is there an option for something better?  I notice lots of rooms seem to be able to place items in a way that I can't in game.

Also, thanks for merging the thread.  I did search but obviously not well enough.

Guest SweetCaress1

Hi ..isnt there anyway we could get a black cube ?...would love to see maybe black and grey cubes ..I know a long time ago CosmosCookie created a black cube with dice spots on it ..looked awesome too ..only he said the devs never looked at it ..just a suggestion but would really love to see black and grey cubes ..:-)