3DXChat Community

Glitched avatars on multiple maps at once

JuicyJina

Because some of us don't particularly care to advertise what we are doing in private in a public room. I saw a guy getting anal in Sin, and my guess is that if he wasn't wanting others to know (he did not have men in his wants) he likes it in the butt....that could cause an issue. I had a friend see me "rubbing my kitty on the floor" in Sin and couldn't believe I would do that in public. Well I didn't! But the game chose to show me doing that and I find it embarrassing.

Because every time you have sex with your lover or whoever, everyone sees your avatar bouncing up and down in the most crazy positions. Then the private messages start coming in and it can get really awkward. Some people don't like sex in public places or having an audience and like it better in the sanctity of their own home and private.

A bug like this can literally make a player quit if they are shy or self-conscious. You think you're in the privacy of your own room, but you're really on display for all of love Island to see!

There was a poor girl whose avatar had popped up on love Island for months last year. She put it in her profile that the bug was effecting her. She made posts on the forums asking for help. Other people made posts about her on the forums complaining and joking. Long story short it was driving her nuts to the point where she didn't want to have sex anymore because everyone would know exactly when she did and what she was doing. It got so bad people would put her on ignore just so they did not have to see some ghost avatar haunting love Island. It has a negative impact on everyone who plays the game really, but more so the shy and self-conscious player. 

I was not aware that the ghosting also included "action", but as I think about it, it's very likely. If you are not into public sex, well then I absolutely agree that this is a major annoyance.

could always stop playing until its fixed and if it makes you feel any better, the guy or girl you are fucking is prob taking screenies of you have sex anyways

do you see names and all or is it just the avi. odd that ive never seen this, ever.  also, i wonder if these people it happens to have one of the hacked dlls , worth a check

you see the names and can interact with the avis just as if they were here (never tried slowdance or such, however)

To give you an impression, here's a screenshot I made yesterday:

ghosting.jpg

actually, its prob a combination of both since the original glitch didnt show you fucking etc. you just walked inside walls etc it wouldnt mirror your movements

So it could have something to do with it, not saying it is but not impossible either

More likely it's some changes to the server code.

Codewise, when you perform some action in a public/shared room, the client just executes a "SendRoom" server request, everything else is handled by the server side (like sending response messages to other room players).

Also it's possible the ghosts were not mimicking the actions before because they didn't load entirely correctly and were "broken", therefore not able to process server events.

I've tried connecting to multiple rooms manually, and the server kicks you out of the previously entered room, so that has to be a server bug.

Random error... it is more probably a corrupted file in the install. A clean install could be useful. 

No this does not help. I suffered the ghost issues for approx. 2 months where my ghost was on display in Frescos. I did 2 clean reinstalls with no change. The only fix was a game update.

Ive noticed since the server went down a little while ago this problem has increased a lot. Usually you would see one poor person with the ghost problem, buried in the floor or butt up in a chair. Then it would be one poor person sexing, bouncing around being rojered by an invizo. Now I see 5 or 6 different people on separate occasions and sometimes 2 in the same room at the same time. Game seems to be getting worse as far as bugs go and it also seems as tho the Devs have NO CLUE how to fix them, hence the silence, lets ignore it and hope it goes away, coz we have no idea whats happening and how to fix these problems. Hehehe factoring in tho they actually know about the problem LOL Sheeshers I'm silly. If this isn't actually the case they sure are advertising that by doing and saying nothing, bit lame really, yeah lame is tha wurD!

There will be people who quit because of this issue for the obvious reasons, being on display for a whole club to see and all the pms that come rolling in to tell you of the prob, to laugh at you or to cold you will only reinforce the feeling of frustration and embarrassment. Contacting the Devs for help, well, you might as well call for Batman to help you, infact id say the probability of flashin tha batty light high in tha sky has a far greater chance of getting the ghosted victim tha help they need. True story I tellz ya.

If all else fails, then, "who ya gonna call? Busters of Ghostij, that's who.

And finally everyone a round of applause to tha Devs, working hard to make sure their subscribers keep on subscribing, YAAAY TEAM!

Guest Mulan

I honestly don't think they know how to fix the issue. I have also noticed problems where if I use the Log Out button instead of the Exit button then friends tell me that my avi is still online. I have to open the game again and select Exit again and my avi goes offline. I am not sure if this is related or not. As AlexRyder says, it seems like some of the API calls to the server are not working properly. Restarting the servers weekly or daily is not a fix. The servers should be fixed to work properly, or the client should call the API correctly.

I should take more of the RobT 3DX Kool-Aid, then I will never experience bugs that everyone else experiences and blame everything on hacked DLL's :lol:

I also never had this problem. And it seems weird that's only on the server side. In this case, anyone should randomly have this bug. So the problem should on the user side too. And it is not a matter of hacked dll.

Very unconfortable situation ... hoping DEV will really focus on this before anything else as it can give a very bad mood on being in the world.

Among the long discussion, I understand that when this happen, if you enter the room where your non expected ghost is and you leave the room it fixes the issue.

Can someone confirm firmly this please ?

If it fixes, does the ghost appear immediatly back at first new sex cession starts after the clean or not ?

Thank you.

Deeborah.......No this does not "fix" the ghost prob. What happens from my experience is the ghost cannot share the same space as the owner. ie, if my ghost is in Fresco and I enter Fresco the ghost runs away lol immediately as I poof in, when I leave the ghost thinks hmm, sweet time for some bamboozlins and then makes trouble. So no this does not fix it.

Mulan.....maybe you are right, I have heard that this prob is caused by logging out and either logging in with an alt or re logging back in and the local you logged out from is where the ghost appears. I don't know for sure but what is for sure is we have this problem still, like the no dancing bug and the cant type in chat bug and the other players not loading bug and the freezing bug and the other ones. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

I can assure you, the Devs know. I have sent a support ticket 3 times and contacted Gizmo and Lisa here, they just have chosen to not do a thing. I have decided that as soon as this months subscription is done, so am I, unless they at least answer me and tell me they are trying to fix it.

I know of one person who does NOT have the DLL and they had the ghost for a while so that rules out the DLL I'm guessins.

I think only people who venture out their rooms seem to get this problem, the ones who frequent the clubs, I think if you stay in your appt on WC you probably have never had an issue.

Well goodluck Gbee I hope you get it addressed at least, would be nice to get a reply, seems like common courtesy to me but not everyone has those skills. :P

Well, I asked 8 times for help with this and never even received a reply that they even read one of my requests. I guess the Devs feel that I get my money's worth for being allowed to play their game. But I can't pay for a game where they don't care if you have a technical problem as long as you keep sending money. Well, they don't get my $20 a month anymore. I just cancelled my subscription.

Thanks for nothing Devs.... Thanks to all my friends here that stuck by my side. Have fun, just don't expect any help when it happens to you next.

I think the game is going to die. Good graphics. A subscription but no performance. It is a pity. My Avi can only be in Fresco. Can not move me in the 3 DX world. Please make a server down or patch so this bug disappears. I do not recommend to make new subscriptions if the performance does not fit. Pity about the game! I am very angry about this bug. Even more annoying that no one undertakes against it.

I think the game is going to die. Good graphics. A subscription but no performance. It is a pity. My Avi can only be in Fresco. Can not move me in the 3 DX world. Please make a server down or patch so this bug disappears. I do not recommend to make new subscriptions if the performance does not fit. Pity about the game! I am very angry about this bug. Even more annoying that no one undertakes against it.

Yes, BUG fixes, but it seems the focus is on VR support, so we can see these bugs in 3D woooooooohoooooooooo!!

Sorry gbee you didn't get the help you needed. This Ghost BUG should be a priority or the very least a quick message from the Devs saying that they know about it, it would take like one minute, as in 60 seconds to post a quick notification, who doesn't have 60 seconds. But then again admitting they know about it requires them to fix it, if they can.

Allie awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Swoosh!

• 2 weeks later...

Allie, they finally did contact me but they just said: "Thank you for the information. We are trying to fix this bug."

I have let my subscription lapse because I can only use the chat part of the game unless I want to show everybody my private business. Can't see paying full price for half a game. If they ever get this fixed I would probably play again but if I just wanted a chat, I can do that for free on Facebook.

I am definitely not holding my breath on seeing a fix any time soon because like you said, they have evidently given up on the rest of the game trying to get VR customers. Just wonder if they think they can hold onto the VR customers when they can't deliver a bug free game in the first place...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, we know this bug is back again with a vengeance.  Any patches forthcoming to re-re-re fix it?

What it really takes is proper server maintenance, and since this thread goes all the way back to 2015, it is pretty obvious that SexDevilGames has no intention of ever doing what is really necessary not just to fix it but to prevent it from happening again. I suggest we all stop playing 3DXChat in protest. 

Allie, they finally did contact me but they just said: "Thank you for the information. We are trying to fix this bug."

I have let my subscription lapse because I can only use the chat part of the game unless I want to show everybody my private business. Can't see paying full price for half a game. If they ever get this fixed I would probably play again but if I just wanted a chat, I can do that for free on Facebook.

I am definitely not holding my breath on seeing a fix any time soon because like you said, they have evidently given up on the rest of the game trying to get VR customers. Just wonder if they think they can hold onto the VR customers when they can't deliver a bug free game in the first place...

They are certainly not trying to fix this. I had this bug affect me for months and this was about 2 years ago.