3DXChat Community

Would anybody come back if the sub price was lowered?

Sycogenesis

I read it correctly... I don't believe people leave because of price. Therefore, I don't believe they will come back and stay because of price.

Like if your paying $20 per month, give your head a shake... spend the $60 and save 50 percent for a six month contract.

Obviously, they have to make money.

wow guys... do you really think its price?

If you subscribe for one year its $7.67 per month, thats less then 26 cents per day.

Sure, more sex positions would be nice among other things; but, based on what I've been told by several people in the know... its still the best social and graphic sex chat room on the market.

I would prefer they raise the price by $1 or $2 per month providing they hire a dedicated person to come out with 2 or 3 new features per week.

Yes, its not all about the sex. We come here for friends too... I get it.

Every relationship between a service provider and client is, ultimately, defined by price. Even if it doesn't seem a lot to you, if another player feels they are not getting value for money they will leave.

I do wonder if the price will increase when 2.0 comes out of beta testing, goes live and 1.0 is shut down. Companies don't generally invest in new technology without expecting a return on that spend. We'll see, I guess...

Every relationship between a service provider and client is, ultimately, defined by price. Even if it doesn't seem a lot to you, if another player feels they are not getting value for money they will leave.

I find clients that want it on the cheap often are not worth keeping. They make it harder to provide good service to clients that do see value.  Mind you the business model they have fits all. Its not an intense customer service business. That said, I would agree 3DX needs to be more responsive. However, we don't understand their challenges. I'm sure they are tying and value there customers.

Guest Twiggy

I read in 3DXChats twitter where they announced 8,000 members in these forums, I think that was posted just a couple of months ago.

If you now look at the bottom of the main page you will see it is almost up to 10,000 now.

Many have said and I agree that only a small percentage of players join the forums, just how many who knows.

I think though it would be fairly safe to say there has been in the tens of thousands have taken a subscription to the game.

That would have provided well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars in returns for the developers over a 4 year period.

Server costs and such from what I understand will not have been as high as people seem to think, only a small percentage of the returns will have gone into that.

In Russia the money they have made is worth a lot more than it would be if they were in the US, they could well afford to employ more staff.

There are a number of reasons why they may be choosing not to, it doesn't really matter why just that they are not.

I doubt the game will ever progress at a pace any faster than it has been, it attracts people as it is and the numbers will continue to grow while there is no competition.

I believe the game has a very low stay period, meaning compared to other online worlds people do not keep their subscription as long.

But while the numbers continue to grow the game will remain successful and produce good returns for the owners.

So why would they commit themselves to extra expenses, extra work, extra commitment, as if they did employ more staff all of those would be needed.

The cost is in no way the main reason why people choose to leave or cancel their subscription.

It is simply the game at some point looses it's attraction to most.

Yes there are a lot of things the devs could do to make it more attractive for people to stay longer, for the moment anyway that does not seem to be important enough to the devs to do so.

I think we can only hope they get a little more serious about increasing the average time people will keep their subscriptions in the future, but for now we have to make what we can from what 3DXChat has to offer.

The worse thing I find in this game is that I look at my friends list which is over 130 people, and when I go through it I find that over 70 are no longer playing.

I see people who I miss, who I wonder about and cared about, who had become part of my life who I shared a lot of time with.

I go back in the game because of the people in the game, not the game itself and for me anyway that is how it has always been.

I see people come in these forums suggesting the same things as others have suggested so many times over and over, enthusiastically to start, then complaining about lack of communication and attention to what has been said.

I see people get frustrated because they are finding it hard to stay enthusiastic about continuing to play the game, they want to stay for the same reasons most of us do, the friends they have made.

There are some that are happy with what it has to offer, DJs and sex attics for example don't need much more than what is already there.

But for the rest of us there is not enough on offer to stop the boredom from setting in.

It may be the cost for some, but I think for most it is that the game does not offer enough to keep their interest.

Think you should remember some important things too when we talk Forum accounts:

1. They're free to make and they're not directly linked to your subscription account(so isn't a direct depiction of the paying subscribers)

2. There no IP checker for multiple accounts on forum from same users, so some may have more than one forum account signed.

3. The forum accounts don't disappear and as far as i can tell, you can't cancel it without having a moderator/support go in and delete or remove the forum account(as such you don't know how many inactive accounts from players who left is around not deleted).

So don't think you can't really use forum accounts as a measure for paying subscribers, also some paying subscribers may not have made a forum account either. Think you need some hard numbers on active paying subscribers to know the subscriber size at it's actual size.

I find clients that want it on the cheap often are not worth keeping. They make it harder to provide good service to clients that do see value.  Mind you the business model they have fits all. Its not an intense customer service business. That said, I would agree 3DX needs to be more responsive. However, we don't understand their challenges. I'm sure they are tying and value there customers.

It's not about 'wanting it on the cheap' it's about finding the right price-point. I agree with you, 3DX is not costly so I think they have found its correct value to most customers. But that's a fluid concept and a personal choice, of course.

Think you should remember some important things too when we talk Forum accounts:

1. They're free to make and they're not directly linked to your subscription account(so isn't a direct depiction of the paying subscribers)

2. There no IP checker for multiple accounts on forum from same users, so some may have more than one forum account signed.

3. The forum accounts don't disappear and as far as i can tell, you can't cancel it without having a moderator/support go in and delete or remove the forum account(as such you don't know how many inactive accounts from players who left is around not deleted).

So don't think you can't really use forum accounts as a measure for paying subscribers, also some paying subscribers may not have made a forum account either. Think you need some hard numbers on active paying subscribers to know the subscriber size at it's actual size.

As you say, it's hard to ascertain an approximate number. But all I would add is, after a while when in a public venue, you start to recognise a lot of names...

Guest Twiggy

Hey Kimmy,

Yes I know you cant use the amount if forum accounts as an accurate or even close measure of how many players had registered into 3DX, I even said that.

It can how ever be noted that as far as many have said and I agree there is only a small percentage of game players register into the forum.

So if the forum shows 10,000 have registered into it, and even if you allow for quite a few to have double registered then that being just a small percentage of the player base would suggest tens of thousands had been in the game.

Also if I think back to people that were in the game 1 year ago, there has been a lot more leave than have stayed, some only last a month or 2, others around 6 months, some a year and longer, but most don't last a year.

I would even go as far as saying that the larger amount would be 1 month, second would be 2 months and would decrease from there.

As Rob pointed out and I have said before and others, the devs wouldn't care how the game grows, as long as the numbers are increasing.

The game grows mainly through the number of new members joining each month increasing, and the growth in the amount of new people joining compared to the amount that leave.

The game is definitely not dying and I don't see that happening in the near future unless someone creates a similar game of the same quality or better and is prepared to do what the devs here wont.

Then I would say this game would die very quickly.

Guest Eddster

Is that why most the long term player base only seem to sub around Christmas time? You know, when yearly subs are at the $60 USD mark. Your logic is highly flawed.

fairly sure every forum has ip check for mods of the forums. any forums ive ever seen at least. I will also say that there are more subs now then i can remember in past couple years just from an eye test. I know it hurts the feelings of those that go around saying 3dx is dying but that couldnt be more wrong. 

Some will say the game is getting stale and losing the older players but im pretty sure the devs could care less who is playing, new or old. as long as they are getting new subs they could care less

I agree Rob. I don't think it's dying. Far from it. I do, though, think the number of active subs is higher than the number of active players. And a reasonable percentage of these new avis are alts or lapsed players coming back for a fresh start.

I agree, as long as there numbers increase, the owners have no immediate reason to be alarmed. However, good business acumen would give cause to look deeper. It would be wise to try to stem the flow of long term players leaving.  It would certainly accelerate growth.  Disgruntled customers sometimes bite you in the ass down the road. Ignoring long term player concerns would not be good business practice. The owners are obviously very smart and its difficult for us to sit here and say we truely understand there challenges. I would be surprised if they are not trying to address it or at the very least fully understand our concerns but are not in a position to resolve them at this time.

Is that why most the long term player base only seem to sub around Christmas time? You know, when yearly subs are at the $60 USD mark. Your logic is highly flawed.

I wasn't aware they have sales during Christmas. That said, when you go buy a pair of shoes on Sale, a shoe store can't afford to always provide shoes at the Sale Price all year.

fairly sure every forum has ip check for mods of the forums. any forums ive ever seen at least. I will also say that there are more subs now then i can remember in past couple years just from an eye test. I know it hurts the feelings of those that go around saying 3dx is dying but that couldnt be more wrong. 

Some will say the game is getting stale and losing the older players but im pretty sure the devs could care less who is playing, new or old. as long as they are getting new subs they could care less

Didn't mean it like they couldn't check a IP, just there no IP checks blocking you from making more than one forum account. So people could potentially have more forum accounts for various purposes, which make judging how many actual users exist based on forum accounts impossible.

As for game and survival if it keeps catering to strongly to quick fix sex audience, it will eventually have to change to partially free to play with micro-transaction to keep people around.  Because that target audience don't stay on for more than roughly 30-60 min a day for a sex fix, those that clock most online time are the social types and role-playing segment. Achat a clear evidence of that of any need and facts on that, so if it's the group 3Dxchat wants to cater to place will suffer a lot of empty areas eventually or partially empty. With occasional activity spikes when online times collide with each other.

If this place wants to keep a community it needs to appeal broadly and to wider audience, think too much "sex" will hurt this place, but again that just my opinion based on what i seen. But mostly those i call quick sex audience pop in maybe for 60 min a day, they will typically check for friends they can booty call or do so sex tourism in rooms if first fail. Then if this place become just that looking for sex fixes and nothing else, how many people you think will really be online. How many you think you will see on at all in end when most for 1 month trials been there and done it and moved on?

But that is just my take on things, way i see it now i am very doubtful about if i feel renewing if really the subscription fee worth it again, less there happen to be a strong discount when time comes around for me again.

Guest Twiggy

Some good points there Kimmy that me think.

There are a lot that will argue this to be just a sex game, especially when it comes to what we should expect in updates.

There has been times where I have feely horny and come in here looking for someone to help get me off, lol

I don't just have sex with anyone, has to be someone I have sorted things out with and know what to expect and more importantly they know what to expect of me.

I can't just take up with anyone and go for it, just doesn't work for me.

When I cant find anyone I just log off and satisfy myself, lol

If that was all the game had to offer I doubt I will have lasted more than a couple of months.

Plus then as I think you pointed out, if that was all there was to the game then I wonder how many people would be logged in at any one time.

How much would go on where people go in, cant find anyone they would want to be online and log off and satisfy themselves.

I guess it would fairly quickly end up being just the people that don't care who they get with, if they know them or not, and I wonder just how many of them there actually are.

It is possible it wouldn't work at all as mostly there would not be enough people online for it to work.

And I would think that the ones that always play the game of sex, like not actually get off, would bore with it fairly quickly.

For me the money doesn't matter, hell I spent more money on a single dress a few weeks ago than it would cost for 15 years subs, and likely like all my other dresses I will only wear it about 10 times.

But I also know that $20 US in some countries is a lot of money.

The big discount on a years sub worked well a couple of years ago, lots took it up, but in the last one I don't think it did as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be more likely to re-subscribe if the price was like $14.99 USD. I live in Australia and currently the exchange rate is horrible - $19.99 USD is about $27.80 AUD. I wouldn't mind paying that much if there were more content but currently the game lacks a lot of content.

You think that's bad? I'm in South Africa and our exchange rate to the US$ is 14 to 1 because our president is an asshat and the government are more worried about Beemers than people :P I am pretty sure our countries flag is pictured right next to "Corruption" in the dictionary :P

If it was like 10 bucks I'd go for it again. 15 bucks is pushing it. I have to save my pennies for all the damn games I buy :P Yes I'm looking at you Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and CoD Infinite Warfare Legendary Edition.

I'm probably about 10 times deeper in the red than when I first joined...and I'm back lol. But then I'm easily seduced by pretty night skies and shiny effects :D

It's probably even more of a sting since the brexit idiots broke the UK lol...but I find denial a big help...I can quite happily ignore when I'm spending money I don't have...it's easy...I'll run a course if there's enough interest? ;)

p.s thanks to all the uk taxpayers for funding my continuing education...3dx is part of it honest...I've learned loads here ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I still have yet to return, simply because there's nothing new. More sex poses, new pointless furniture for the room everyone has the same of, and more hairstyles are not great. If they expand beyond sex and chat then sure I would come back. Price is too much for offering nothing in return.

Oh look at that, another pointless MF pose. yay....

poster238.jpg

Edited by 6DarkRaven9

• 1 month later...

I've been following this game's website since a year. If I'm not wrong there was no pricing options back then. And monthly subscription was higher than what it is now. So this encouraged me to grab my account :) finally thanks for dropping the price.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather pay what I'm paying now to keep content flowing in. I would hope that my subscription price is actually putting money back into the game rather than just into people's pockets. I feel that if the price for the subscription would go down then the game would suffer in server support, graphics, and even more quality. This is the best interactive adult game out there and it's amazing gaming and high quality appeal that drew me in and amazed me. If you can't come back due to financial issues, save up to pay for a year so you have a year to save up for when it comes up again.