Photo

Would anybody come back if the sub price was lowered?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 xMaceyx

xMaceyx

You gonna eat that?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:58 AM

I am guessing from Gizmo's comment in the Cyber Monday thread, that yes a special sub price may be offered.

• Arya likes this

#42 Biscuit

Biscuit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:45 AM

I would say yes.

Currently it's more expensive than your average run of the mill mmo with only a fraction of things to do or content available.

My account is on temporary leave and the price-tag is one of the things that are keeping me from re-subbing.

#43 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

I would guess they would have to.

Last year I missed the cheap price by about 1 1/2 months, had just paid for 6 months and could have got 12 months for almost the same price on that special.

There were lots took it up and you could actually see that in the game as the attendance grew so much.

They would have to be worried about how many would not re sub if the same thing was not offered again.

• KimmyFox likes this

#44 OCampo

OCampo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Well let's see what they'll bring us for Xmas :P <3

#45 6DarkRaven9

6DarkRaven9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:46 AM

I would guess they would have to.

Last year I missed the cheap price by about 1 1/2 months, had just paid for 6 months and could have got 12 months for almost the same price on that special.

There were lots took it up and you could actually see that in the game as the attendance grew so much.

They would have to be worried about how many would not re sub if the same thing was not offered again.

High price and lack of content means lose business and go under. The price will be fine-if they can actually do something besides additional sex poses.

• KimmyFox likes this

#46 Jennifergonewild

Jennifergonewild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

3dx is a good game and the price it is kind of tough even me I only been here 2 month's yeah i'm a newbie don't care :P but at sometimes I really wonder if I can afford that extra 20.00 but this month I think about going with the full year plan but since I was new I just went monthly to just test the game out I would say 10-15.00 would be good for the one month because a lot of places 20.00 I can get 3-5 months out of things but like I said for new people or people that have a hard time coming up with the extra cash it would be better if the one month was dropped lower. I understand 3dx has to make their money some how and its gotten them this far so what the heck keep the prices the same but theirs a lot of people I told my friends about this and they told me just for a month alone they couldn't do it and I just want them to play a month to at least see if they like it or just like have a 3 day trail for like .99 or something I dunno xD ~Curl's up into a ball and falls asleep on my doggy bed~​

#47 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

Maybe they could have a 1st time joiners special, 1st 3 month for the price of one kind of thing.

One month isn't really enough to find your way in 3DX and a lot don't go past the 1st month, so maybe it could be a help in getting new players to give it a better shot and have more time to get used to the place and find their way.

#48 Espera

Espera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

For me price is definitely an issue.

I'm currently on my first subscription and will not extend it.

Why?

20 bucks for virtual sex with good graphics. But even in the sex department the game lacks tremendously.

But I could overlook all that if I wouldn't get the feeling from the game / updates and communication from the devs (or the alck of that) that this game is - at best - a hobby project from maybe 5 people.

If Devs would actually post now and then (like once a week?) about future updates, current state(s) of development and actually talk with the community about their needs and wishes, I would stay longer and see where it leads.

But considering this game is out for 3 years now, having no content except havíng sex and loveless locations probably done in a hurry....

I can only recommend the devs to look over to other projects, maybe sexvilla 3d. Sex scenes there are actually fun, even with virtual partners... and that game certainly does well enough even with its 30 buck subscriptions fees and no other content but sex... (but that awesome well done...)

Bottom line:

I will keep this game in mind and probably check back after my subscription runs out, but at the time this game might have enough content, its graphics will be outdated and other games do much better...

WAKE UP DEVS!

• claudi likes this

#49 jjustice18

jjustice18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:55 AM

My friend purchased a Month and I saw him play and was curious about it. But imho, I would join if either the price would be lower, or more content.

I'm a person who is in love with creating stuff, I create stuff on IMVU, and I must say this community seems to be pretty damn okay.

However, 25 Euro per month with only a small handfull of locations, limited things "to do", limited clothing, limited character customization etc..

I do praise the graphics, but even with these graphics I personally think 24 euro per month is too much.

For the content that is in 3dx at this moment in time, I would pay 5-10, maybe 15 euro p/m max.

If they had the ability for the community to create content (as in IMVU) or at least, let people Re-texture, it would already be so much better.

I do understand that people "can" create content right now, but we should be able to do it like in IMVU.

Yes, I get it, it's Unity engine, and that is indeed different, but at least give us the ability to "Re-texture", and if you say "Well, it's a small dev team, too much work to regulate bla bla". Let the community help regulate.

People get Xcoins for every "Re-texture" they approve or disaprove (that follows the guidelines).

I personally think the Dev team are sitting on a gold mine, but they are digging for stone. GET THE GOLD! The longer you wait the chances of another dev team, taking advantage of this, and actually creating a game that people want, would be a shame for the current dev team, because the community would switch over in a heartbeat.

TL:DR: 10-15 euro max per month for current stuff ingame. Let community CREATE content or retexture clothes (like in IMVU)

• 6DarkRaven9 likes this

#50 reddead

reddead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Good topic, and I guarantee that the price point has crossed their minds, they have to consider that they are losing profit on their long term users by lowering the price, however they may be able to convert more short term users into long term users by lowering the price.

My thought is that the margin for profit doesn't warrant a price drop, they may end up making more money or they may not, the only thing that is guaranteed is that they will have a larger user base, which sounds great for us, but complicates things for them.  For example imagine having 1000 users in one apartment.

There could definitely be an increase of user generated content as well, but they are probably concerned about the risk of people reverse engineering the game and creating private servers etc...

How to expand as a business is probably the root of their problems as well as ours.

#51 KimmyFox

KimmyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

Maybe they could have a 1st time joiners special, 1st 3 month for the price of one kind of thing.

One month isn't really enough to find your way in 3DX and a lot don't go past the 1st month, so maybe it could be a help in getting new players to give it a better shot and have more time to get used to the place and find their way.

You can get first month cheaper at 18$ just have to know where to look https://affect3dstor...m/3dxchat.html#

#52 Arya

Arya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

I am guessing from Gizmo's comment in the Cyber Monday thread, that yes a special sub price may be offered.

I hope they will propose something soon, my 6 months subscription is almost over  :unsure:  I don't want to buy one with the actual price and then, one week after, see an offer on their website.. That's what happened to me last time..

#53 PenelopeRed

PenelopeRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:50 AM

I paid for 1 month and never came back because there's nothing to do compared to other adult virtual world games. Because unlike 3DXChat the others are virtual worlds where players create along side the developers, having endless possibilities for gameplay making each day interesting. This thing is just high quality virtual sex, even then I can find cheaper stuff with more to it online. Until they actually do something besides sex, I will never come back. Not worthy of $20, not for the visuals, not for the community, not for the content. Been tracking it for months yet since my time was up hardly a single thing changed other than a few new colors for limited stuff in customization, more sex poses, new outfits for female avatars, more sex poses, a few new materials to plaster on the generic everyone has the same room rooms, more sex poses-oh there's just nothing here. Even if the price was lower I wouldn't dare pay them again until they actually do something.

What other games are out there for me to explore?  You make it sound like there are a lot of them.  Care to share some of the other game so I might be able to explore them?

#54 Monday

Monday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

i would

#55 Twiggy

Twiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

I guess for me money isn't really the problem as I didn't take up the cheap 1 year sub.

I have started doing what a lot seem to do, just take a month sub when something interesting happens.

For me I would rather see something else offered for a 1 year sub rather than a discount, like maybe if we take up a 1 year sub we get a bigger room, or a house with a back yard and big pool.

I think that would actually bring more people back in.

#56 Codex

Codex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

For my partner and myself price is irrelevant, it's the lack of content and the lengthy update delays that's ultimately killed 3DX for us.

"Look Honey, 10 identical twins, all sitting by the water in the exact same sitting position."

Wouldn't be much point re-subbing, even if 3DX was completely free!

Keeping an eye on the game in the meantime.

Codex & Quill.

• Jowey M likes this

#57 Jowey M

Jowey M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

been here since june 2014 , and untill last christmas offer ( Dec.2015 ) i was on monthly plan . And to be honest , at that point i already think it wasn't worth my 24€/month anymore .

With the lack on updates this year ( yes i know they make us think they work on 2.0 , told on April 1th ;)  ) , i am even sitting out this thing , till Feb.2017 , attending selected parties , and leave this 3dx thing behind me .

changing into unity 5 , will give us better graphics ... so what ? the same low amouth on stuff in a new package .

• Codex likes this

#58 GeorgeGr

GeorgeGr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hello,

Just another suggestion on this issue:

I would pay even *more* if I could get a different kind of subscription that buys me actual usage days. Example: 180 days of actual usage meaning that the counter drops each day I log in. I should be able to log in as many times as i want during the same day without the counter dropping, but if I login a different day the counter drops again.

Seems like a pretty good deal that I would pay even more to have since there are times that I might not log in for weeks and it seems like lost/unused time.

Regards

#59 Doll

Doll

Sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • LocationIn my little bubble

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

Just it being cheaper wouldn't be enough to bring me back...I think people tend to leave or come back for other reasons than the price mainly but that's just a guess.

If you're like me and know you shouldn't really waste money on it then you find ways to justify it to yourself if you want to come back and not if you don't. It's like a pair of shoes lol
  • chaostika likes this

#60 MikeyZA

MikeyZA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

Wow it has been literally ages since I replied in forum and this is as good a time as any with the myriad conversations going on about content (or lack thereof). I had been part of 3DX since sometime in 2013 and in January this year I cancelled for a number of reasons, mostly my own, but a clear one was the high monthly price versus the value it garnered and the ratio was very skewed. Lack of communication (if I communicated with out clients this way I would be unemployed), lack of moderation (the report system in game is pathetic as fuck-all comes of it, the rampant trolling and harassment in game goes unpunished, the 10k added for Alts is just a money scheme if you ask me, and the forum moderation for the most part is whimsical and hardly neutral in 2 out of 3 cases) and the utterly lackadaisical pace for new content just didn't justify the $20. I kept it month to month so that I could cancel at any time. The lack of allowing community input (poses, clothing, locations etc.) is also a travesty because they could use the xgold for something other than a blatant money grab and instead have a user content system and take a cut of said profits similar to the system in place in RLC or SL.

If they dropped the sub to reflect the offering, I'd likely resub for a month and stroll around again to see, but the same problems would result as I can speak to most of the people I've met here, outside of game and already do and have as Steam, Uplay and Xbox friends.

Everyone drones on that you can't compare etc etc but graphics is not everything. Graphics wise 3DX wins hands down, but content, interaction and community engagement wise the likes of RLC etc. win hands down.

Cheaper subs... yeah I would join again for a while but likely leave again after a while because of the reasons stated above.
  • chaostika, xMaceyx and Jowey M like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users