3DXChat Community

Would anybody come back if the sub price was lowered?

Sycogenesis

I don't think it is the amount of updates as much as it is what is in the updates.

Yes it is predominately a sex game but it is also meant to be a community and it is things for the community side of things it is lacking in badly.

There is just not much to do other than sex.

My own reason for leaving is I feel it will never be anything more than just a sex game and that I also got really tired of having to put up with all the arguments and drama that goes on in there.

Although I myself was managing to stay clear of it, it still effects everyones game when people are constantly trying to turn you against others because of disputes they have had.

It is also not a very good way to spend your time trying to have fun when to often you see so many of your friends being upset because of stupid things others have done to them.

My reason for leaving and quite a few others I know that have left definitely had nothing to do with envy or jealousy, but I am interested in what you think people have been envious or jealous enough of to leave ?

It's not only a sex game, for myself is the sex part not sooo important :)

But yes, it's a game and everyone who play games does this for relax and have fun. I think it isn't a secret, the most reason for leave are the virtual drama stuff.

That's typical Human, all Multiplayer games with social aspects will have this and there will never be a Drama Fix patch.

That's typical Human, all Multiplayer games with social aspects will have this and there will never be a Drama Fix patch.

Yes although I haven't been in many multi player games I understand it would be something that every one of them would face.

Here though it seems to be made so much easier for people who want to create problems to do so, often without anyone knowing who that person is.

I wont get into all of that again in here but I will say something that hasn't been brought up for a while that I believe would help more than the devs seem to realize.

When people were asking for the pm from friends list before it was added, it was always mentioned and agreed by pretty much everyone that there would need to be a privacy feature included.

Something where a player could make it so they were invisible or show as busy type of thing, like a do not disturb.

It has also been asked for quite a few times since the pm from friends was added.

I am sure going on the responses to it when it has been brought up before that most would agree it is something that really needs to be added, but the devs just never seem to take notice of these things.

Every chat I know of has these features and does so for obvious reasons, there are simply times you just want to be able to chat with a person in private without having to worry about other people knowing you are there.

For a game where privacy is often brought up as to why things cannot be put in place you would think this will have been seen as being important.

I know you can simply just ignore any pms, but that is like continually not answering the phone when people know you are home.

What it does is if there is drama going on with people you know and you just want to go in and have some fun away from it, it has been made really hard to be able to do that.

There are several things like that in the game and it gets more and more frustrating to have to deal with what it produces in the game as time goes by and nothing is done about it, when some of them like the pm thing can be so easily fixed.

Yes although I haven't been in many multi player games I understand it would be something that every one of them would face.

Here though it seems to be made so much easier for people who want to create problems to do so, often without anyone knowing who that person is.

I wont get into all of that again in here but I will say something that hasn't been brought up for a while that I believe would help more than the devs seem to realize.

When people were asking for the pm from friends list before it was added, it was always mentioned and agreed by pretty much everyone that there would need to be a privacy feature included.

Something where a player could make it so they were invisible or show as busy type of thing, like a do not disturb.

It has also been asked for quite a few times since the pm from friends was added.

I am sure going on the responses to it when it has been brought up before that most would agree it is something that really needs to be added, but the devs just never seem to take notice of these things.

Every chat I know of has these features and does so for obvious reasons, there are simply times you just want to be able to chat with a person in private without having to worry about other people knowing you are there.

For a game where privacy is often brought up as to why things cannot be put in place you would think this will have been seen as being important.

I know you can simply just ignore any pms, but that is like continually not answering the phone when people know you are home.

What it does is if there is drama going on with people you know and you just want to go in and have some fun away from it, it has been made really hard to be able to do that.

There are several things like that in the game and it gets more and more frustrating to have to deal with what it produces in the game as time goes by and nothing is done about it, when some of them like the pm thing can be so easily fixed.

In the game in it's current form, we all know that in order to Private Message people you have to click their name in the friends list which then opens up their profile, what I do when I don't want to be disturbed is I write in big bold letters at the top of my profile that I am either AFK or busy when not wanting to be disturbed and people take notice of that and respect it, it is a way to let people know in the game in it's current form you are busy or want to be left alone. Of course an option to change your online status to invisible or to Busy etc... But for now that is what I do and it works for me. :)

I renewed for another year. I had thought about it but suddenly it was on me and they don't give you any sort of notification so it was automatically renewed.
I don't think the price is bad. 
Its been good fun the last year. I enjoy the socializing. I have a long list of friends, although I rarely see most of them online, it's true, but there are two or three that I know out of game as well.
You can count the number of times I've had in-game sex on one hand (well, plus one hand, lol! ) but I enjoy just going to open rooms and dancing for a while to good music (because I can do work in parallel with it).
I like getting involved in what is going on, like attending weddings, record breaking, events and competitions and I am conceited enough to think that the stuff that I provide to the forum is worthy of attention ;)  
Perhaps it is all down to the company you keep but, apart from the odd loser that has ejaculated on me on the beach or cold hugged me, I don't think I have been involved in any sort of drama in the last year. 

I don't know. I know that I have seen a lot more people in game which makes me think now is the time to focus on character customization. I also wish they would add more things for gold because there is not much you can do with it. I do not need to bump up my room. I do not need an extra photo slot. I use it on gifts for friends but stickers are a bit boring after a time.

What you mean under gameplay variation?

New interactions (emotes, avatar interactions like high five, goose, slap, etc.), new locations, better detail in the locations (beach needs it desparately), more games (volly and bottle spin currently only), different layouts to choose for our rooms so we can try to have more unique places. I'm tired of going to someone's place to just see they have 20 more stripper poles than the other person who had 15 in the same room as everyone else. We need new room designs add separate parts with open doorways/toggable doors for privacy. The one room current layout is boring. Look at RLC it offers many variations for rooms, here there's only 2 and are two different locations not choosable.

As it stands the one month I was here, was all there was to it and still is to the game. Nothing really changed. That was in April! $20 was too much for too little.

I don't agree with the suggestion that it is *just* a sex game... My experiences and I'm sure a few people share this is that I came initially to experiment in that way and ended up staying because of the friends and lovers I made.

That to me indicates that although the sex will always draw in newcomers, in order to keep and retain players they need to focus on the community aspects... More games, more social places, better rooms, a few qol improvements such as the one twiggy mentioned earlier about privacy mode.

And it's not that a few sex improvements wouldn't go amiss either... Bdsm, fff are top of mind but also lots of other things that have been mentioned, but to me the key would be a focus on building up social aspects further.

In addition a better effort to keep players informed would help... What I mean is we often don't see what is going on until release. If we were communicated better about what's happening, what the focus of development is.... What the roadmap is... Etc then I'm sure more people would stay to wait for the cool stuff that's planned along the road... And we'd know ok a big cool thing is coming so we won't expect many new things as we'd know this or that feature is coming.

In addition a better effort to keep players informed would help... What I mean is we often don't see what is going on until release. If we were communicated better about what's happening, what the focus of development is.... What the roadmap is... Etc then I'm sure more people would stay to wait for the cool stuff that's planned along the road... And we'd know ok a big cool thing is coming so we won't expect many new things as we'd know this or that feature is coming.

I approach it like the Easter egg hunt when I was little...I had older brothers who went and hid the eggs in the garden then proceeded to tease me relentlessly when I couldn't find any myself and they of course found loads...(probably explains a lot about me now I think about it lol)...so anyway...then when I found one I was like "WOOOOWWWWW....LOOOOOOOK....I GOT ONE...IT'S MINE..."

Sooo here I sort of never expect to get what I want and when I do I go overboard lol...seriously I'm still on a high from getting a collar!

I'm being a idiot ofc...what you say is very true...just some of us I guess gave up bothering about updates...I mean...nighttime for at least one of our rooms already! I feel like I'm under sleep deprivation torture ;)

(what do you mean it's not real...go away lol)

....erm end of drivel...love u all

• 4 weeks later...

I would say yes.

Currently it's more expensive than your average run of the mill mmo with only a fraction of things to do or content available.

My account is on temporary leave and the price-tag is one of the things that are keeping me from re-subbing.

I would guess they would have to.

Last year I missed the cheap price by about 1 1/2 months, had just paid for 6 months and could have got 12 months for almost the same price on that special.

There were lots took it up and you could actually see that in the game as the attendance grew so much.

They would have to be worried about how many would not re sub if the same thing was not offered again.

I would guess they would have to.

Last year I missed the cheap price by about 1 1/2 months, had just paid for 6 months and could have got 12 months for almost the same price on that special.

There were lots took it up and you could actually see that in the game as the attendance grew so much.

They would have to be worried about how many would not re sub if the same thing was not offered again.

High price and lack of content means lose business and go under. The price will be fine-if they can actually do something besides additional sex poses.

3dx is a good game and the price it is kind of tough even me I only been here 2 month's yeah i'm a newbie don't care :P but at sometimes I really wonder if I can afford that extra 20.00 but this month I think about going with the full year plan but since I was new I just went monthly to just test the game out I would say 10-15.00 would be good for the one month because a lot of places 20.00 I can get 3-5 months out of things but like I said for new people or people that have a hard time coming up with the extra cash it would be better if the one month was dropped lower. I understand 3dx has to make their money some how and its gotten them this far so what the heck keep the prices the same but theirs a lot of people I told my friends about this and they told me just for a month alone they couldn't do it and I just want them to play a month to at least see if they like it or just like have a 3 day trail for like .99 or something I dunno xD ~Curl's up into a ball and falls asleep on my doggy bed~​

Maybe they could have a 1st time joiners special, 1st 3 month for the price of one kind of thing.

One month isn't really enough to find your way in 3DX and a lot don't go past the 1st month, so maybe it could be a help in getting new players to give it a better shot and have more time to get used to the place and find their way.

For me price is definitely an issue.

I'm currently on my first subscription and will not extend it.

Why?

20 bucks for virtual sex with good graphics. But even in the sex department the game lacks tremendously.

But I could overlook all that if I wouldn't get the feeling from the game / updates and communication from the devs (or the alck of that) that this game is - at best - a hobby project from maybe 5 people.

If Devs would actually post now and then (like once a week?) about future updates, current state(s) of development and actually talk with the community about their needs and wishes, I would stay longer and see where it leads.

But considering this game is out for 3 years now, having no content except havíng sex and loveless locations probably done in a hurry....

I can only recommend the devs to look over to other projects, maybe sexvilla 3d. Sex scenes there are actually fun, even with virtual partners... and that game certainly does well enough even with its 30 buck subscriptions fees and no other content but sex... (but that awesome well done...)

Bottom line:

I will keep this game in mind and probably check back after my subscription runs out, but at the time this game might have enough content, its graphics will be outdated and other games do much better...

WAKE UP DEVS!

My friend purchased a Month and I saw him play and was curious about it. But imho, I would join if either the price would be lower, or more content.

I'm a person who is in love with creating stuff, I create stuff on IMVU, and I must say this community seems to be pretty damn okay.

However, 25 Euro per month with only a small handfull of locations, limited things "to do", limited clothing, limited character customization etc..

I do praise the graphics, but even with these graphics I personally think 24 euro per month is too much.

For the content that is in 3dx at this moment in time, I would pay 5-10, maybe 15 euro p/m max.

If they had the ability for the community to create content (as in IMVU) or at least, let people Re-texture, it would already be so much better.

I do understand that people "can" create content right now, but we should be able to do it like in IMVU.

Yes, I get it, it's Unity engine, and that is indeed different, but at least give us the ability to "Re-texture", and if you say "Well, it's a small dev team, too much work to regulate bla bla". Let the community help regulate.

People get Xcoins for every "Re-texture" they approve or disaprove (that follows the guidelines).

I personally think the Dev team are sitting on a gold mine, but they are digging for stone. GET THE GOLD! The longer you wait the chances of another dev team, taking advantage of this, and actually creating a game that people want, would be a shame for the current dev team, because the community would switch over in a heartbeat.

TL:DR: 10-15 euro max per month for current stuff ingame. Let community CREATE content or retexture clothes (like in IMVU)

Good topic, and I guarantee that the price point has crossed their minds, they have to consider that they are losing profit on their long term users by lowering the price, however they may be able to convert more short term users into long term users by lowering the price.

My thought is that the margin for profit doesn't warrant a price drop, they may end up making more money or they may not, the only thing that is guaranteed is that they will have a larger user base, which sounds great for us, but complicates things for them.  For example imagine having 1000 users in one apartment.

There could definitely be an increase of user generated content as well, but they are probably concerned about the risk of people reverse engineering the game and creating private servers etc...

How to expand as a business is probably the root of their problems as well as ours.