3DXChat Community

RETURN OF THE MONSTER LETTERS

Leeloo

139547.jpg

HTML is back, you are also so happy like me??? :D

Please don't remove it, I love this functions and the funny little pictures and Colours :)

In my opinion should the members learn to use the ignore functions about the people with the abuse behaviour with the HTML functions, the removing of this function isn't needed...

just saying :wub:

Guest Eclipse

Wait, what...I don't understand ?

tumblr_inline_mjxx45smTM1qz4rgp.jpg

Edit: Never-mind, I think I figured this out (lol) you're taking in-game...as far as the annoying announcements it looks like there was a lot of good ideas for "creating a new tab (specially for user announcements)" from a previous post hereAs for the big letters, eh *shoulder shrug* no opinion one way or the other - sorry.

Isn't it a way to remove it from world chat only ?

We might end up ignoring a lot of peole.

My opinion is really the html doesn't abuse the chat with spam, it's the member where it use... You don't want ignore the members with the abuse behaviour but remove the function and on this way punish all members where use this function Rule conform? :huh:

I believe there is a lot of persons that won't be annoying if this function is removed. So i won't need to ignore them.

Maybe i am overestimating the abuse, so let's give it some time perhaps. And i insist on the fact that i'm talking about the world chat window only. It doesn't bother me on the other channels.

I very, very rarely used the code before and I don't really plan to now (although I did copy some comments in order to see how to do it ;) ). However, I think I stated often enough last time that I really couldn't see any problem with it and that, invariably, it was a lot more interesting than the usual inane chatter that occurs in world chat.

It's a welcome return, to say the least. Now, coupled with a clothing color palette and the ability to write your text in different colors, this now allows the storytelling section of the 3DX community to express themselves in a whole new way. ♥♥

We're not Mr. Magoo. We can see your text just fine; we even have a setting to make the font size bigger in the Notification Panel, in case we can't read something. It's not going to drive any traffic to your room any quicker.

In telling a story, that large text sounds a bit like, "HEY, MY ROOM'S OPEN BITCHES, I HAVE MUSIC AND SHIT!! COME LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!", as opposed to typing something in a normal size font, with the option of colors that sounds more like, in our minds,  "Hey, I have a room open and I'd love to see you come on by (if you can of course), and listen to my preference of music while you chat it up, maybe get to know other people and just have fun ♥♥."

I've changed the settings on my Notification Panel for this particular reason, so that both audio and visual notifications pertaining to World Chat, are disabled for me. That way, I'm not bothered by what goes on in that particular channel at any moment when I'm logged on. If I choose to see what's going on, I click on that particular tab to see what's going on.

Instead of filling your Ignore lists to the brim, and if you fancy a good talk on World Chat from time to time, change your Notification settings like I have.

Please, please use common sense and be considerate to those of us who now, not only have one, but three storytelling tools in game to make our fantasy role playing amazing again - the Clothing Color Palette that sets the mood on our clothing, HTML text colors (italics, bolds and sizes) to tell different sides of the story, and our rejuvenated imaginations to help create that story.

I love the HTML!! It makes chat way more fun!!! :P But I can see why some people can get annoyed by it especially in World chat. But lol I'm never in world chat. I would always play around with it in group chat with friends or PMs. And that's where it really belongs. And yes all of us shouldn't be punished for the people who abuse HTML and spam it. Because it really adds some spice to the chat and makes it really fun and brings out peoples creativity. But there are some things the devs can do to control it. Maybe take it out of world and local chat or just world. Like how it just works in our profiles but now to group chat and PMs and maybe local. Also limit the size of the font. lol because if you make the font size big enough it crashes everyone's interface who looks at that chat window lol. So if that's done in World... Mass interface crash!!!!!!!!!! So yes I want html because its sooooooo fun!! But haha yes it needs to be better managed not removed all together. 

Thanks!! :P

Arisa Kat

Well the fact that it fucked the GUI before, sounds like that's going to happen again, not to mention all the annoying posts that we're being told to put people on ignore and gain massive lists because they do it.  Truly pathetic that a simple thing can't be done to even it out for everyone when the coding is so fucking simple.

Welcome to the never ending world of fucking spam of HTML.

Well the fact that it fucked the GUI before, sounds like that's going to happen again, not to mention all the annoying posts that we're being told to put people on ignore and gain massive lists because they do it.  Truly pathetic that a simple thing can't be done to even it out for everyone when the coding is so fucking simple.

If coding is really that simple, those of us who know, even a little bit, should try to teach those who don't know. I know I'm going to try to help those in game in any way I can, I think we all should.

The developers wouldn't have re-introduced it without some form of upgrade to the graphics user interface and it's ability to handle basic HTML coding, I think. If the program now, can handle several custom colored outfits in one particular area of the game at any given time, basic HTML text colors should be a walk in the park.

I'm running a 2003 Gateway Pentium 4 desktop, with 2 gigs of on-board RAM memory. I haven't had any problems since the discovery of HTML color text, so I imagine people running laptops with overclocked Quad-Cores and 32 gigabytes of on-board RAM should have no problem at all handling the HTML text colors.

If I can offer those stats for developers to see and say,"Shit, she's running the game on an ancient abacus of a system and she's having no problems, the Graphics User Interface is working great! Poor girl, but still, hey, the GUI is working!", isn't that better than offering the alternative?

Remove it for stability reasons, and if you need someone to bounce questions off of, just ask me. If my desktop can run the game at BARE minimum specs, you're fine. Leave it in. lol

Give it three weeks then decide. Today was like flipping Christmas Day with everyone playing with the new toys :D

If you don't like it and World Chat becomes like some sort of in-game marketing channel, maybe don't read it?

Incidentally, I hate it...

Dear MarMohan,

and you should a bit look about your language you use for this kind of discuss... :rolleyes:

I don't understand your problem... What's so wrong if people have some fun in chats?

Sure there are always members where abuse this function but the most want use this for some coloured text and symbols...

Again, it's not the mistake of the HTML function for the abusing, it's the member behind this function!

Which is why we have to help each other, Achilles. Its true, some users can abuse this, but we have to show them not to.

It's wasted energy if we turn this all into a flame war, rather than give the developers vital info to show them that we can be a test community without being counterproductive with each other.

Everyone who posts is either going to hate it or love it, that's a given.

"Our game is growing every day and we want to provide new customers with updated material, while providing our loyal customers a return to the basics. It's something for everyone. We're confident our new GUI can be put to the test, and succeed." That's my thought process as a developer of this game.

If coding is really that simple, those of us who know, even a little bit, should try to teach those who don't know. I know I'm going to try to help those in game in any way I can, I think we all should.

The developers wouldn't have re-introduced it without some form of upgrade to the graphics user interface and it's ability to handle basic HTML coding, I think. If the program now, can handle several custom colored outfits in one particular area of the game at any given time, basic HTML text colors should be a walk in the park.

I'm running a 2003 Gateway Pentium 4 desktop, with 2 gigs of on-board RAM memory. I haven't had any problems since the discovery of HTML color text, so I imagine people running laptops with overclocked Quad-Cores and 32 gigabytes of on-board RAM should have no problem at all handling the HTML text colors.

If I can offer those stats for developers to see and say,"Shit, she's running the game on an ancient abacus of a system and she's having no problems, the Graphics User Interface is working great! Poor girl, but still, hey, the GUI is working!", isn't that better than offering the alternative?

Remove it for stability reasons, and if you need someone to bounce questions off of, just ask me. If my desktop can run the game at BARE minimum specs, you're fine. Leave it in. lol

I'm not sure if you know from the last time but it caused issues with the GUI which had nothing to do with the computer anyone is running.  Just because they put in a new color palette, doesn't mean it can support the html.  The issue was there and it wasn't pretty, so if it happens again, I'm guessing they would need to remove it once again or find a way to resolve it.

I choose not to help as I don't see the point in helping when after what I've had to deal with, I'd rather not help this game become any better.  I have a meshes, textures and more but I refuse to give anything to this game, as it's my choice.

Dear MarMohan,

and you should a bit look about your language you use for this kind of discuss... :rolleyes:

I don't understand your problem... What's so wrong if people have some fun in chats?

Sure there are always members where abuse this function but the most want use this for some coloured text and symbols...

Again, it's not the mistake of the HTML function for the abusing, it's the member behind this function!

Trust me my launguage isn't bad it's been used far more on this forum and in game then imagined so if someone is offended by that, well it is an adult site as we're always reminded of that.

If you had read it, then what I wrote was very clear, I don't have a problem with the HTML, it's those that abuse it by spamming on a repeated basis that is my problem along with many others.

There is a major difference in having fun and just being a moron by blasting html in world every 15 seconds. In a perfect world you wouldn't need to police this kind of crap but since a large majority of the ones who  do it seem to have the peter pan syndrome (dont want to be an adult) it leads to issues.

I'm not sure if you know from the last time but it caused issues with the GUI which had nothing to do with the computer anyone is running.  Just because they put in a new color palette, doesn't mean it can support the html.  The issue was there and it wasn't pretty, so if it happens again, I'm guessing they would need to remove it once again or find a way to resolve it.

I choose not to help as I don't see the point in helping when after what I've had to deal with, I'd rather not help this game become any better.  I have a meshes, textures and more but I refuse to give anything to this game, as it's my choice.

I'm sorry that someone, or something, made you hate this game so much. If you ever need to talk about it and, if you see me around, I'll gladly lend an ear if you need to vent. Helping others means helping you, too. ♥♥

Let's hope those reading understand the importance of this topic. Use common sense, people. Don't make me jab you in the eye with a Twinkie.

I'm kidding, I won't...

*Her laughter fades to nothing as a serious look envelops her face.*  I'll do it, I swear.  :D

Trust me my launguage isn't bad it's been used far more on this forum and in game then imagined so if someone is offended by that, well it is an adult site as we're always reminded of that.

If you had read it, then what I wrote was very clear, I don't have a problem with the HTML, it's those that abuse it by spamming on a repeated basis that is my problem along with many others.

Actually, even if it a adult site, this forum still have this perticular rule : 2.01. Excessive use of bad language.

Excessive use of bad language is forbidden. 

Now what is bad language ? It also known as foul languge and include : swearing, cursing, profanity and etc...

It is not easy to draw the line of what seen reasonable and what might seen excessive. Beside somone personal frustration, I would recommand the use of a more varied vocabulary to express that frustration. There not a lack of words within the english language to express most emotion and bring most ideas to light. 

Yes, others have used bad language on the forum and we are mostly tolerant in our application of the rule, but even adult need to follow a certain set of rules to live in a community or a society.

Actually, even if it a adult site, this forum still have this perticular rule : 2.01. Excessive use of bad language.

Excessive use of bad language is forbidden. 

Now what is bad language ? It also known as foul languge and include : swearing, cursing, profanity and etc...

It is not easy to draw the line of what seen reasonable and what might seen excessive. Beside somone personal frustration, I would recommand the use of a more varied vocabulary to express that frustration. There not a lack of words within the english language to express most emotion and bring most ideas to light. 

Yes, others have used bad language on the forum and we are mostly tolerant in our application of the rule, but even adult need to follow a certain set of rules to live in a community or a society.

It was twice and if that is excessive well then maybe the rules should be a lot clearer, but like most things that's not going to happen.

This is starting to become a trend, I hope it doesn't continue.

139547.jpg

HTML is back, you are also so happy like me??? :D

Please don't remove it, I love this functions and the funny little pictures and Colours :)

In my opinion should the members learn to use the ignore functions about the people with the abuse behaviour with the HTML functions, the removing of this function isn't needed...

just saying :wub:

So I am concerned it is not so much because I am World Chat little Involve me. I think that what is shown because often very beautiful and very creative, but if every conversation, and were only 2 sets it, is interrupted by a bunch of spam is no longer entertaining.

Guest ToxicallySweet

I am all for having colors but as I saw during the day ppl were doing large sizes that take up the chat box and spammed it a couple times which really isn't necessary. I feel that if its possible keep the color code and bold but maybe limit the size text to 25 maybe 30 or just not have the option for size. I have no clue if that's possible bc i don't know all that technical stuff :).  But I do feel that would maybe help and keep ppl happy but on the other hand ppl spamming is another issue in its self. Well that's my opinion on the matter. Peace

How bout just making a option in the tab options or in settings where you can disable it on the user, then those who are bothered by it can click it on and it would look like the non html world used to for them. Personally i am glad its back the html text can both help for Role-playing and it also makes chat look less dull.

We need real monster letters!

2a7977e104ca5715bb08598f82a910e8.jpg

RAWR! 

I don't really mind it. Its world chat. It is meant to hype party, Ask for help, Say hi, Tell jokes. World chat is pretty much all spam and meant for goofiing around. Let them have their fun and promote their parties. 

Im sure it will calm down in a few days . People are just alll excited to have feature back right now. Will sort itself out in a few days.