3DXChat Community

Do we *adults* need rules for everything?

Bran

I have been dying to find a reason to reply to this and now I can. I also had the displaeasure of seeing this happen. What I saw was clearly harrassment perpetrated after the fact by somebody intent on causing major discomfort and displeasure to another person, and after something that had absolutely nothing to do with them whatsoever, but they felt the need to insert themselves into the middle of it, like its a popularity contest. I also witnessed them follow the people to the night club and repeat their act from the Sin Club. Clear harrassment. The only way this can not be called harrassment is if one chooses to not see it as such.

People keep throwing around "Adult" and "Grown up" and yet I consistently see many examples of this not being the case. I have some words of wisdom. Grow the fuck up. This place is currently a case study in why moderators are needed in games.

Oh and lastly, its you're not your. Whether its English or American *snicker* its you're.

That is all.

Such a passive-aggressive way of trying to enforce your own rules.

The real issue in question is attempting to say, "You should play the game the way I tell you."

There is no authority granted to a player over anyone else. That's the real rub. It's why this thread was created in the first place: To serve as an area to complain about people doing things you don't like, over which whose behavior you have no control. It's not a list of bannable offenses, It's a complaint thread for character assassination.

What's stopping a couple from dancing in the back room? Absolutely nothing. It's more private and romantic, one would think an intimate dance should take place in an area far from public view. That's the best place for true romance. Right? Who wants to share a private moment of dancing in front of a bunch of strangers. Not me, for one. I find the act disrespectful to everyone in the area. I find it offensive. But I still let them do it, because finding something "offensive" doesn't grant me special powers. I don't magically get my way, I live and let live.

I go about my own business and let others go about theirs. Pick your battles, people.

Now you bring up Fear of Harassment, WOW.. You who decided to harass me for no reason other than to upset me. I had never spoken to you, never said anything bad about you.. All I did is ask a couple to move to the back room to do their sex act so I could enjoy my time and dance with my loved one. They moved and sent me a pm saying sorry.. They did not have an issue with it, but you decided to make a big deal out of it, dropped to the floor and began having sex at my feet, for no other reason then to harass me. Macca and I moved, went to night club, You came to night club and decided to harass me some more, you even got others involved in harassing me. You had no care how I felt at all, you were going to do this to upset me regardless. You knew this was offensive to me and you did it anyways, not because it is your fantasy, but because you wanted to harass and hurt me. I did call you a slut, but not till after you harassed me and upset me.. I probably should not have called you a slut, but you should not have harassed me and brought lies about Macca into it to try to hurt me more.  Please don't even try to begin to make me believe that you know how to respect people when you clearly disrespected me and harassed me even though I had done nothing to you.

So let's get this clear, you're claiming I've harassed you by disagreeing with you and then proceeding to do sex animations? Many people have had "this is a sex game, get the fuck over it" conversations in local and world, when I've seen it it's generally because someones being homophobic when two guys are dancing/kissing/sexin it up. You claim I'm harassing you by being somewhere you were while affirming we don't know each other? When I'm bored I flip zones to find people I know, or do so when I tab back into the game from working. When I had went to the club it was well over an hour and a half after Sin, as I was in skype calls the entire time related to work. Affirming more that you don't know me means you've obviously been left clueless as to the acts of spontaneous fucking that occur. It's how we've gotten some of those great screenshots in the other thread, like the ones that look like when the partner of the 2nd man has fallen through the couch. The ingame group chat was talking about it being hilarious, yes, I'll admit that, because it is hilarious that you take such offense to people doing sexual animations in a sex game near you. Other chats, outside of 3dx, have conversations like "hey bb u gon fuck me?" etc, random shit like that in them. If my intention was to follow you around and harass you, please be assured that if I had wished to actually do so, it would have been done properly, and not hours later. Part of the reason cold invites don't really get my ass in a tizzy all the time is because I'm used to friends sending them and bam, sexy times! I'm also not very annoyed by people asking me and someone else to "join in" on their sexy times. Fuck it if I can do sex animations in a game to make you feel like its some type of orgy and that gets you off, shit yeah I'll do it. Warning, though, it has led to coming back to standing around awkwardly naked because I've tabbed out to take care of something and forgot. The chats about your breastmilk being drank or used in drinks in world the other day were honestly simply disgusting, I made one of those huge ewwwwww faces, and shrugged it off, because I have no place to insert my personal dislikes into your conversations, even though it was happening in world, for the entirety of the logged in users to see. 

My profile clearly states no feet, I had someone take off my shoes and lick my feet in local, much to my dismay and disapproval. I even ran around and they continued their rp with my feeet for a few minutes until I guess they got the picture that I *really* wasn't into it and wasn't just playing hard to get. A second story, one of my first nights here, got involved in a bit of an orgy, and someone decided to offer to pay my subscription for me if I would be their "prostitute"/"public whore," which as I'm sure if you've read the rules, is actually strictly forbidden in many different senses. I played along, politely turning him down stating I had a dom etc, then I got firm in telling him no, asking him to leave me alone. He would not stop. Would not give up. I even asked my friend to msg him and say he was my dom and to back off his sub, that didn't stop him, asked my friend to msg him being firm telling him to leave me alone, he didn't. We left the zone in which I was immediately followed twice to be called a stupid whore and all sorts of other great names because I wouldn't let this guy pay for my account nor did I want to have sex. I got fed up with it and blocked him. Haven't seen or heard from him since. I've read the post about still being able to see sex and other things from people you have blocked, while I only have a few users on my block list, I've never had this issue, so I've actually been writing test scenarios in my head so I can go into the game and start blocking people, trying to get a standard method of reproduction for the bug so the developers have more to work with other than "block feature doesnt work." Point is, did I come to the forums and spaz about it? No. Did I report him ingame? No, but probably should have. I was able to use the block feature and he did not create a new char to continue the harassment, so I washed my hands of the icky feeling and moved on with my night.

They are animations, in a sex game. I log in to have sex, in a sex game -- or to use the client as a music app that I can't skip songs on when I'm working and don't have time to be distracted by something that allows for me to skip things. I get disgusted a lot more than you'd probably think given some of the things I'm into, but I do not, and have not, ever reported someone based on their desires or them doing something that I felt disgusting. The only thing I even talk about that disgusts me is foot play. It's just one thing I can't wrap my head around due to my irrational hatred of feet. Some have thought it hilarious, some have done rp in local chats after I've went on tirades against feet, friends cum on my feet because they know it's a way to immediately get me to spaz out on Skype. Does it affect me as a human being other than being slightly annoying? No. Do I feel the need to try to get people to stop having any sort of foot sex near me? No. I am an adult and can separate other adults having fun from my own personal dislikes, especially in a place like this. You should try it. 

People are really missing the point here.. Its not about having sex on the dance floor, slow dancing, talking about breast milk in WC, cold invites, playing with someone feet etc..... which are all not against any rules.. Its about respecting people, their boundaries and what they find acceptable. If someone asks you to stop doing something, what ever it is, for what ever reason, surely the decent thing to do is stop, even if you don't agree with that persons views. Not ridicule them publicly and continue. Then commit the same actions later, whether its 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days. The dance floors in Sin and the Night Club are reasonably big, with plenty of space to have your sexy time. If the actions of the player were so innocent, why did they choose to have sex in the spot directly in front of Hera in both Sin and the Night Club? Why couldn't they have had sex on the other side of club, out of Hera's way? It was to harass her, make a point and cause a reaction. Well here is the reaction in this thread. And from reading peoples opinions and the amount of likes on certain comments its pretty clear who people think are in the right.

Not many people have the balls to stand up for themselves here and actually voice their opinions, so hats off to those that do. Maybe if more people stood up for themselves people would start to get the message of what's acceptable, and what's not, whether or not its in the famous rule book. Saying nothing doesn't help develop a community. We come here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. But no ones enjoyment should come at someone else's expense. What I and others witnessed was nothing other than someone deliberately trying to upset someone else. And it worked. And to clarify from Stewies post, we, me and Hera were already in Sin when a couple starting having sex in front of us, to which Hera politely asked them to move to the back room (which they did and apologised) We did not walk in and stand next to them already going at it.

Yes, I have had sex in public. Yes I have upset people with things I have said, and yes I am not perfect. But I do know that I would never do something intentionally to upset someone, knowing they don't like it, however minor it may be. And I would always stop and apologies for my actions if someone told me it offended them. Im not going to launder anyone's dirty washing but I upset Brun even, a couple of times over issues that to me were pretty minor. But to her they weren't. I didn't ridicule her, I apologise and made sure I didn't do it again. I respected her views. And that is all that is being asked. Respect others and others will respect you.

And for those who keep on about the mighty ignore.. Below is a ss of just how well it works... =/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5iii6jr497yng9/on%20ignore%20list.png

Haha, the saying is still true that when somebody has no comeback they resort to name calling. So glad the old adage is still true. Hope you enjoy continuing to be a case study for other sexual themed mmo's of how not to moderate, and how not to let your players run rampant, and how not to moderate a forum.

And it is most definitely "You're a twat"

Macca, no matter which way they try and shoot you down, you are 100% right. Plain and simple.

I bid you farewell as I see no further need to post or to stoop to a certain level.

*eats Freya's cookie* mmm yummy, delicious.. Thanks you Freya <3

I would love nothing more than for everyone to get on. Peoples agendas kinda get in the way tho :( But yes, I totally agree with the last few posts, enough is enough. I have said what needed to be said.

*Draws line under my posts*

A slogan of the Game is...

Join 3DXChat now!

And let your Sex Fantasies come true

When any ppl have the Fantasy for have Sex in the SinClub, or have Sex in the Night Club, why not! When I not like see this then I can use the Ignore Button. ;)

But... I think it is Important that all players in the Game never forget that behind a Avatar a real human is, for this we should use the rule "Play the Game with respect of all other players in the Game!" Decency is a Language what can all speak ;)

When all this use a bit then we have never a problem :)

After reading through the thread again, I actually don't think that what Brun and others say is all that different. Her follow-up post did a lot to clarity that. Do I think people should be able to live out their fantasies in 3dxchat? Hell yes! Do I accept some people's fantasies could shock or annoy me? Sure, but that doesn't mean I have the right to forbid them. People should be free to do what they want with their consenting partners.

However that liberty stops where mine begins.

Sex in public places doesn't annoy me. Sex in public places right next to people dancing does. The first thing is a kick, the other is harassment. Chasing someone and cumming on them is harassment. Not respecting someone's demands when rp-ING is harasssment. Repeated hugging/kissing/partnering is harassment.

Basically I just want people time be less of a dick sometimes.

All of these threads keep degenerating into a mess  :( What is the point of it all any more, nothing constructive is coming out of it. Just turns into a slinging match.  :(

please stop alot of things was sayed enought  :)

None of us are perfect and we all go off topic from time to time, and if you guys aren't interested in this topic anymore, please feel free to stop reading it. But please don't stand on the sidelines and ask what's the point or trash it with memes that have nothing to do with the topic, because that is disrespectful to the people who took the time to contribute to the discussion.

Haha, the saying is still true that when somebody has no comeback they resort to name calling. So glad the old adage is still true. Hope you enjoy continuing to be a case study for other sexual themed mmo's of how not to moderate, and how not to let your players run rampant, and how not to moderate a forum.

And it is most definitely "You're a twat"

Macca, no matter which way they try and shoot you down, you are 100% right. Plain and simple.

I bid you farewell as I see no further need to post or to stoop to a certain level.

Go back through the posts, you were the one to make a stupid comment on a punctuation error, big deal it had nothing to do with the thread just a childish jibe from someone who wasnt actually there at said incident with no real constructive input. The usual jump on the bandwagon brigade

Who was called a name? i asked a question on clarification from someone who seems to be well up on their english grammar and punctuation.

Enough said

And for those who keep on about the mighty ignore.. Below is a ss of just how well it works... =/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5iii6jr497yng9/on%20ignore%20list.png

If that's your screenshot from the club earlier, you DO realise you never took me off your friends list before you blocked me? Because you still show on my friends list, though I didn't see you online/in the club earlier, so it's probably not even your screenshot. Could be the reason why you still see me. That's one of the test scenarios, but the person I want to use for testing isn't around til later so I haven't done any of them.  I'm also going to test using friend/block features on alts and how they interact with each other to see if that may be a case, and other scenarios. I know I've been used to test the block feature before and the person couldn't see me at all, and when I've used it, I've had absolutely no issue. The block feature not working as intended is a shitty problem that we as players should help diagnose and prove cases to the developers about.

This has little to do with my personal feelings for anyone, I genuinely do not care what type of person anyone is or any past interactions we've had. I care someones, anyones, personal dislikes try to get in the way of me having sex, in a sex game. No ones hands are clean in this thread whatsoever. No ones stayed on the light side of everyone's feelings 100% of the time. I'm not going to stop acting out fantasies of mine because someone doesn't like it and comes to the forums to complain, because they have no right to stop me from doing so, just like I don't have a right to stop anyone from doing anything I don't personally like. 

The posts in this thread are focused on harassment and disrespect and personal dislikes, to which I've provided many other examples of, and explained the night in question. Quit moving the goal posts after logic and pleas to live and let live are posted. 

If that's your screenshot from the club earlier, you DO realise you never took me off your friends list before you blocked me? Because you still show on my friends list, though I didn't see you online/in the club earlier, so it's probably not even your screenshot.

It is my SS, you are not and have never been on my friends list.. You did not see Macca online because he was not..  Also it has nothing to do with the person being on your friends list..

So enough said..  I have made my point perfectly clear and you can like it or not, I don't care..

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Justyna

None of us are perfect and we all go off topic from time to time, and if you guys aren't interested in this topic anymore, please feel free to stop reading it. But please don't stand on the sidelines and ask what's the point or trash it with memes that have nothing to do with the topic, because that is disrespectful to the people who took the time to contribute to the discussion.

i see only privet drama on forum i have right to show my opinion if you like it or not stoner

Please-Stop-gif.gif

Wow! Common sense and common courtesy are sadly not all that common. Just a small comment:ad hominem is running rampant throughout this, and many other threads. While it is obvious that many of you have excellent intentions, replying to those who employ this fallacy as a disruptive tactic is not conducive to solving any issues & provides the disruptive party with realization of their goal. The vast majority of you are good people with nothing but the best of intentions and have presented good arguments - that stated, squeeze out those who wish to only hurt, abuse, and spread hate simply for the fun of it. This is a game? Make those disruptive and inconsiderate individuals the losers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had sex on the dance floor... It was on one of my first days (hadn't seen any rules yet). In clicked "accept" without thinking... After a short while I got a "warning" from the DJ (thanks). I would have stopped it anyway (although it's a game, it is not "my thing") and beamed me up to my room. Then I made my own rule: no more sex in public, even not in user-rooms.

If people putted me on their ignore-list ... I don't blame them, it's my own fault.

Ouch, I'm lying... Have had sex in the Sin club with 3 other women sitting 'round a table. We did a lot of naughty things... in group chat. After 1/2 hour we went to an apartment for the visual part.... One of my best experiences so far (esp. the table chat).

Update: oh, I did read the rules... 2.13 is removed (pity)

Time for me telling you my opinion about this.

The rule about having sexual actions on the dance floor is indeed very old and most likely was set by the head mod.

I don't want to ask or say if it's been out of personal reasons or if it's been demanded from the community at these days.

Fact is, this rule counted only for the NightClub and not for the SinClub, because the SinClub (at these days BDSM) was nearly rule free.

I surely agree that it's impolite behaviour of masturbating or having sex right on someones feet. I mostly ask myself the question, if those people wour act like this also in RL. In most cases I won't think so.

For myself I found out that speaking in local chat about this issue, I mean complaining about those players behaviour in 99% of all cases leads to success. Either the person changes the spot at the location of vanishes.

In my opinion it's the best way to stay calm first and also if it's hard sometimes, stay polite. Very often I experienced that couples thought it would be tolerated to have sex right in front of someone, especially when you're having public sex with your party and they want starting an orgy. Telling that this isn't the case mostly leads to understanding, apologizing and leaving of the other players and searching for another spot.

Since we have those user-rooms it seems that public-sex got less. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can judge after what I notice.

Now to the question, if adults need rules.

In my own opinion I think everyone needs rules to guide people into a direction. Those rules which still are counting should be natural and a form of decency.

Again it fits to say: Treat others the same way you want to be treated.

Since we all are grown ups we should have something like good behaviour or a codex we should follow and don't act like impolite assholes.

• 11 months later...

I ask myself if it’s really necessary to make rules of common basic civic education.

I would say never, these are taught to us as we grow up, yet, I see the lack of these basic civic rules on a daily basis, girls complaining, even the men feel it  but are more embarrassed to voice it. 

What type of people are we dealing with? That think because they hide behind a computer, they can go absolutely wild and walk all over the others, insulting woman and men, mocking differences etc

I heard something tonight that got me to start this post:

A guy was told 7 times *NO*, which he understood perfectly each time as he answered accordingly. When one of the bystanders, told him to stop, as he had been told repeatedly *NO*, he answered; “Dude, when a man says NO, he means NO, but when a woman answers NO, she means TRY HARDER”  :angry:

What century does this guy live in? What server is he playing on? On 3DX woman are not shy at all, when they want sex, they themselves invite.

So let’s see and forgive me, if I forget any, please feel free to add. Of course these do not annoy everyone, but I would like to think it applies to most. Especially those who pay to play a game and not be harassed by this type of behaviour.

Cold Invites: To invite a person for a couple dance/ room/ partner without even one word; “hi ….. Would you like to ……” preferably in pm.

Stand on top of people dancing: Nothing more irritating than having a total stranger walk up to you, and start dancing on top of you, or worst just standing there. Come on, give people a little space, until other wise is allowed, invited etc.

Stand naked on top of people relaxing on the beach, or similar: Serious, who wants to be sitting, having a chilling vibe alone or with someone and suddenly have a stranger’s genitals practically rubbing on your face?

Accept and understand a simple NO: A “no” means no, means stop, means not interested, get the message and move away, change the subject, whatever the situation is. :rolleyes: Im being nice here with the adjectives, because comes a time, when one looses it and out comes a GTFO dude or similar and it still does not work.

Read Profiles: They there for a reason. Let’s face it, if people go through the trouble of filling them in, it’s to let YOU know what they into or not into, its not to let you try and change them or their sexual preferences. Respect! To name just one example; nothing worse for a gay person to be harassed by the opposite sex, when he/she has explicitly written it in their profiles.

Don’t judge: Men and woman who come here are not whores, pimps or whatever. We all here to have some fun but that is all. Respect everyone. Some people may be easier than others but that still don’t make them whores, nor the men that jump on all 24/7. People have the right of the choice how they want to play the game. By the way, you never know when you mother, sister, wife, husband, father is here playing  here . :P

I was looking for something else and found this ........words of wisdom........still holds true

made me think .............. those people that caused Bran to leave...............how many are still here ......................not many and I think some have changed their veiws

Guest Skar

I just lock that topic since it is severely outdated. Feel free to read it, but it doesn't really represent what it is today. 

The game has changed quite a bit from then. 

Thank you. 

Skar