3DXChat Community

Make the friendlist account wide

Veronique

Making friendlist account wide  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have an account wide friendlist?

• YES, you should see 2nd avas of your friends in friendlist
    • NO, 2nd avas of friends should not be shown

Quick question..

What does in-game moderators and other things I read have to do with the raised poll ? regardless of the reasons the poll was raised for.

GGsYmHC.png

Yes I want an account wide friendlist for such reasons, or No I don't account wide friendlist for such reasons. 

Each sides have their opinions, but the off topics are draging further and further ! And the apple has now fallen quite far from the tree.

Quick question..

What does in-game moderators and other things I read have to do with the raised poll ? regardless of the reasons the poll was raised for.

GGsYmHC.png

Yes I want an account wide friendlist for such reasons, or No I don't account wide friendlist for such reasons. 

Each sides have their opinions, but the off topics are draging further and further ! And the apple has now fallen quite far from the tree.

Sorry if my post seems off topic. :(

The poll raises questions; questions that seek responses as to why this is being brought up in the first place. That comes down to negative experiences the members have, to which people tend to reply with other solutions should they not agree (giving the other end of the spectrum). Hence the purpose of it being a thread instead of merely a poll that does not allow responses (not sure if there is even an option to do that?). That's why my post is what it is, a solution to some of the issues people have posed regarding the poll.

If this continues the thread will be locked, suggestions please, not one upping people.

Thank you.

Please define "one upping" as you appear to be using a definition I am unaware of or are using it incorrectly with regards to the discussion at hand.

Alts, and ingame moderators are two subjects that will always split this forum, and it's, I believe impossible to reach a middle ground from any party involved.

Most of you have surely noticed that.

Mixing all these together will just increase the flame, and keep going in circle, shooting the canons from one side to another.

This poll has been created because ? Alt mind games I believe.  Will in game moderators solve this ?

Can an ingame moderator act on a direct bad behaviour in game ? Yes

example A jerking off on B, when B requested not to be jerked on.

Can an ingame moderator act on a situation where A thinks B is an alt ? No.

This falls into the hands of the administration only.

I was not targetting you specifically Athene, it was a general comment, as the issue is going in many directions, without finding a solution.

Solution that can hardly be found as on all these matters, each sides will always disagree.

Quick question..

GGsYmHC.png

If I remember correctly we already had a pole on if people thought we should have moderators in game which from memory again went strongly against having moderators in game.

Not 100% sure on that so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The other thing is yes this thread has gotten off track to what was originally stated and the pole that was established with it.

I think that was because there was some good points made against the original proposal.

Maybe we start a new pole focused more on what this thread has become.

Something like...

Do you feel that something needs to be done about the ease that people can make alts and create the problems they do.

Do you not feel that something needs to be done about the ease that people can make alts and create the problems they do.

Just a suggestion and I know if I went ahead and just done this I would cop heaps for doing so.

Breaking this into two posts as the forums have limiters on amount of quote tags in each post.

So when a player creates an alt that has no gifts to show age, then it is very easy for them to represent themselves as a new player.

What will stop people from using new accounts if they truly mean to stalk someone and track them down? This already happens. How will any of your proposed colors or suggestions help with that if people aren't actively protecting themselves?

Now if you think I have to have made studies based on figures you know I could not possibly gain, I suggest you look back through the many posts in here and you will see how many times it happens.

Alright, I went back and looked at a bunch of posts, in regards to player statistics, I found this from you, which is why I asked for further metrics, since you're the one stating this

We have to many new players do not go past the 1st month and a lot is due to these problems they face.

Also do you believe you are the only one that is able to ask questions to people to find out what the common beliefs are in the game, as from what you say it certainly seems you think that.

This seems like a personal attack when all I have done is offer a different side to many suggestions that I feel are terrible for the community as a whole.

There has been some 6500 people register in these forums and if I go on what lots of people agree on and have said yo me in these forums only a small percentage of players actually register in them.

Even less of a percentage actively participate or view the forums after registering. This is true for all communities.

For the game to only retain the amount it does shows it has a high leave rate.

What amount does it retain? Where are those metrics?

We're swinging back into winter so it's picking back up with more people coming back around, also even during the summer there were more active players in public zones nearly every time I was on and around (almost daily). From what I've seen, for a subscription based game with a small pool of content that grows stale rather quickly, the game is still growing and retaining memberships quite well. The addition of rooms has helped as it gets a lot of themed players sorted and less drama has been in other zones since.

While doing that I was able to see what they face and how many chose to leave after copping the sort of crap that has been pointed out so many times in this thread and dozens of others before it.

I'm sure some probably have quit due to people being rude to them, I probably wouldn't pay 20 bucks a month if I wasn't enjoying the game, shouldn't expect anyone else to. Should anyones privacy or anonymity be lessened due to others being dicks to people?

Plus if it wasn't happening with the figures I mentioned before there should be a lot more people in the game.

Can we stop this? Neither of us know any figures, it's all anecdotal on what we see and and hear from others. Your figures mean nothing, and I doubt SexGameDevil will be publishing member statistics so either of us can use it in our points.

You have not produced a decent argument against any of this other than having different colored names for alts could maybe have people use it for witch hunts.

Untrue. I've produced many arguments, but they all boil down to these suggestions creating more drama and taking away privacy and anonymity.

Players already use alts to help with witch hunts so in a sense that kind of balances out.

What? Are you advocating the use of alts to gather information on others in any way?

The other suggestion you made of a problem with it makes me feel you want us all to put up with the problems so you can occasionally go to am orgy with an alt without having a different color on name. What difference would that make, having it known you were using an alt to go to an orgy, and for the little bit of difference it could make it sounds very selfish to me that we all have to put up with the crap from alts so you can do that.

This statement right here is the main reason I started replying to your post. It's honestly laughable.

I'm a big fan of public sex and don't use alts to go to orgy rooms. I don't need an alt to live out my fantasies, however, there are people in this game who hold it against me for loving public sex and doing the dirty wherever I please, these people are friends with other people who may also like it, but tend to use alts to do this so not to have anyone judge them.

Why should you be able to hinder someones anonymity based on your emotions when all I am asking for is the status quo for people to get their rocks off?

It seems to me that no matter what is put forward to help with this problem, and there is problems, all you have to do to see that is look at the many posts that keep popping up because of it, it seems to me that you will always find something wrong with them because you just want to be able to make an alt that can look like a new player.

I've never used an alt for harassing anyone, and keep them clean so I don't mind deleting them. Even when on my male character I have felt bad when someone flirted with me and told them to talk to someone I know is a male IRL because I was a female using a male avatar to have some fun (this is before girls could have awesome dongs).

The truth is you and others just do not want any changes made, you will not give an inch and never have and that is the reason the game is the way it is now.

You're right. I won't give an inch at all so long as there is an open discussion about this and bad suggestions keep being made that threaten to take privacy away from the playerbase as a whole. When you offer an actual solution that I agree with, I'll spout off on how much it would be a great idea.

What will you do to advise people on how to protect themselves, tell them the normal crap that has been suggested in these forums and in the game since it started.

To use a separate email for forums than they use to pay for 3DX. Any and all 3DX related stuff should go to that email and nothing else should be attached to it. Don't give your real life information out, including number, use chat programs such as Kik or Snapchat to converse with other members if you feel you want that type of commmunication. Use your 3DX only email for a new Skype account if someone wants to get on voice or cam with you. Don't use Skype or other VoIP programs if you want to try to keep your IP hidden. This and other things, basic tenants of keeping yourself safe online, especially around a bunch of horny perverts ;)

I used to do that to, I even went around telling people the same thing until I realized that what we were actually doing is creating an anti social environment.

The buttheads who stalk and harass other players and the grumpyfaces who are rude to new players are the ones creating anything less than a great environment for players.