3DXChat Community

Satelite internet & 3dx?

LanaLove

I have been using sattelite internet for 4 years now, 3DX seems to work fine for the most part. It gets a little laggy when there are lots of people in a room or the room has too much furnishings, but other than that everything works fine with settings on medium. Wish I could get better but as I live on 10 acres of woods, its all I can get. Anyways, happy days and have fun ^^

Raise hand... cellular network internet and satellite internet are not the same. Hehe

But, it should work with 3dx chat. It all depends on you Internet stability and that is really dependant on where you are. You want to avoid latency and packet lost. I hope that you will be close to a cellular tower.

It should work even if it not as reliable then a DSL. But now and days, LTE network can really kick ass.

Good luck :)

I know I was the only one who did over 4glte....

Nope, me too :) I use 2G, 3G, 4G on traveling for the Game without problems.

I have been using sattelite internet for 4 years now, 3DX seems to work fine for the most part. It gets a little laggy when there are lots of people in a room or the room has too much furnishings, but other than that everything works fine with settings on medium. Wish I could get better but as I live on 10 acres of woods, its all I can get. Anyways, happy days and have fun ^^

I think your Internet works very good, the problem with the laggs about too much furnishings or ppl in the user rooms have the most members! I think one reason is the latency (ping) between the Server and the PC. There needs many informations in a short time synchronized :)

Raise hand... cellular network internet and satellite internet are not the same. Hehe

But, it should work with 3dx chat. It all depends on you Internet stability and that is really dependant on where you are. You want to avoid latency and packet lost. I hope that you will be close to a cellular tower.

It should work even if it not as reliable then a DSL. But now and days, LTE network can really kick ass.

Good luck :)

I know. I have 4glte now and am moving to satellite for the larger data allowance. DJ'ing can use so much bandwidth ^.^

Thank you all for easing my mind.

I have DSL and have thought about trying the wireless network in my area.

I have a lot of problems hosting something in my room and even staying connected, I crash a lot.

The biggest problem I have found is the upload through my Internet, especially when it comes to my room.

When you open your room in 3DX your computer to a large extent becomes the host for the people in your room.

Your computer sends out much of the information to the other people in your room for their computer to see what is going on in there.

So upload becomes very important and is why some people can host lots of people and others cant.

I have a really low upload, often less than 1Mbit, so I don't try to host anything in my room.

If you are doing music streaming from your own computer and hosting from your room at the same time, you will need a really good upload speed.

Don't just look at the download speed and think that will solve all your problems.

We looked at satellite and was told by someone that it uses your phone line still for the upload, which means if you only have a slow upload speed through your normal Internet it would stay slow and only your download would improve.

I am not sure if that is right, but I think it might be an idea to check that out before you get satellite.

Here the wireless, 4G is much better than the DSL we have, but is also really expensive.

We get optic fibre in Feb next year in our area and really looking forward to it.

I have DSL and have thought about trying the wireless network in my area.

I have a lot of problems hosting something in my room and even staying connected, I crash a lot.

The biggest problem I have found is the upload through my Internet, especially when it comes to my room.

When you open your room in 3DX your computer to a large extent becomes the host for the people in your room.

Your computer sends out much of the information to the other people in your room for their computer to see what is going on in there.

So upload becomes very important and is why some people can host lots of people and others cant.

I have a really low upload, often less than 1Mbit, so I don't try to host anything in my room.

If you are doing music streaming from your own computer and hosting from your room at the same time, you will need a really good upload speed.

Don't just look at the download speed and think that will solve all your problems.

For host a room isn't a high upload bandwidth needed because the objects and the game content are there in all User PC's. :) Host a room works with isdn or 2G too. The Host needs a fast ping (latency) for synchronise the positions informations between the server and the host in a short time.

You can test your internet ping of your Internet provider with http://www.speedtest.net

Or you open the command console

For example in Windows 10:  Write CMD in the Cartana search field and press enter... then you write

ping google.com   press enter

16-09-_2015_11-24-57.png

My ping is now very high because I use a bad 2G mobile Internet.^^

How faster your ping in ms how better is it for host a Room!

The laggs in the User rooms are most there if the room host haven't a fast ping. 3DXChat can use the fastest server but this server is only so fast as the host of the room :)

For room hosting with music stream upload, yes I agree you should have an good upload bandwidth, minimal the wanted stream quality + reserves. For a room with an stream of 128kbit/s works an upload bandwidth with 156kbit/s pretty good!

Dammit, I was hoping the upload speed would fix my problem, not much I can do about the ping, I live out in the sticks in a country on the other side of the world.

You can do some thing for a good ping :)

Firstly for example, use an Ethernet LAN Cable an not the Wireless LAN, this brings the Latency a little bit down.

You use a Router? Then Disable the error correction in your router, this helps also a lot!

If you use an ADSL Provider, request your Provider for fastpath and I swear this fix all your problems :D^_^

I had with fastpath an ping of 15ms and this is a very good latency :lol:

4G have also a good Ping with 23ms sometimes :)

How high is your Ping?

Edit:

I've testet my ping with my home DSL and the Latency is ok, with 35ms

17-09-_2015_02-51-05.jpg

Ok so the report.

Satellite: Good bandwidth. Comparable data (10gb day/50gb 2am-8am) for a little (less $60).  HORRIBLE latency. 600ms - 800ms 3dx works? Yes

4671903128.png

4Glte: Good bandwidth. 30gb 24/7 $120. Decent latency. 35ms - 80ms 3dx works? Yes

4385445292.png

With that much latency for the satellite, it work, but how is the lag ?

I would have never played a mmo with that much latency in the past. But we are lucky that 3dx is mostly a chat systems and there no raid bosses and need for a low latency.

Ok so the report.

Satellite: Good bandwidth. Comparable data (10gb day/50gb 2am-8am) for a little (less $60).  HORRIBLE latency. 600ms - 800ms 3dx works? Yes

4671903128.png

4Glte: Good bandwidth. 30gb 24/7 $120. Decent latency. 35ms - 80ms 3dx works? Yes

4385445292.png

:huh: ...

It works yes, but you will get a lot laggs and maybe also disconnections :(

And you should never Host your room in public or everyone will hate you :lol:

I've played the game in the past some times with a Ping of 2000 and more ^^ :)

But please do not wonder if someone hug you and you see this first in this moment where the member leave the game forever :D:lol:

With that much latency for the satellite, it work, but how is the lag ?

I would have never played a mmo with that much latency in the past. But we are lucky that 3dx is mostly a chat systems and there no raid bosses and need for a low latency.

3dx works with this latency yes. Rooms are a bit slow to load and anomalies do occur. Things like going to hug somebody, nothing happens, walk away, dance, the warp back to them and hug lol.

It doesnt do that all the time, however it does happen.

As far as Achilles comment, latency or not my hugs do not drive people away from the community *raspberries*

WEWT! Now....Achilles? How do you disable the error correction in the router? ^.^

4690801061.png

This looks a lot better! :D What you did?

Changed the positions of the Satellite bowl!?

Disable error correction is from router to router different :)

What's the Name of your router?

This looks a lot better! :D What you did?

Changed the positions of the Satellite bowl!?

Disable error correction is from router to router different :)

What's the Name of your router?

Back to Verizon, however directly this time. Better antenna than the reseller ^.^

ok, router....Netgear WNR1000 wireless N 150

I have it connected directly to the PC and modem with a Cat5

Back to Verizon, however directly this time. Better antenna than the reseller ^.^

ok, router....Netgear WNR1000 wireless N 150

I have it connected directly to the PC and modem with a Cat5

I can't find this option for your Router :( But you can contact your internet provider and ask him :)

Verizon Online DSL FAQ

But the ping with 71ms should be good for playing