3DXChat Community

Take shot not working - The folder of pictures stay empty

Tania Pain

Hello,

Since the patch with the new function "Take shot" and Windows 10 Upgrade, i can't make one shot with the new function "Take shot".

The problem is the same with the keyboard, nothing works. The folder of 3DX pictures stay empty.

No photo since many day's ago and you ?

:wacko:

You need to start the game by right clicking on the game icon and start the game as administrator...

It is an issue with the game design. The game need to be run as admin so it can put the picture in the game folder. 

Hello,

Since the patch with the new function "Take shot" and Windows 10 Upgrade, i can't make one shot with the new function "Take shot".

The problem is the same with the keyboard, nothing works. The folder of 3DX pictures stay empty.

No photo since many day's ago and you ?

:wacko:

Hello Tania Pain

did u try it also in the admin rights? if the game run with admin rights it should work then.

or u can also push PrtScn and after insert it in Paint or so this save in jpeg and not PNG so it need lower space, for example, PNG need 1.45 MB same pic in Jpeg need 308 kb :)

Regards 

Daria

If you have a shortcut for 3DXChat (if not, create one)...

- right click on it and select Properties at the bottom

- then click the Shortcut tab at the top,

- then click on the Advanced button, near the bottom.

- next, check the Run as Administrator box

- click OK and then click OK again to exit. You may be asked to provide Administrator permission at that time so just click Continue and it should then exit.

Then you don't have to worry about remembering to run it as Admin when you start it in future as it will automatically do so.

you dont need to run the game as admin, changing the permissions of the screen folder to be writebale by users besids the administrator also worked for me

Tested now, yes this works too! Thank you :)

Works with right click on the Screenshot Folder--->properties---->Security--->Users--->Edit

• 2 weeks later...

There is another way to change it so that you don't have to right click it each time.

Right click on the shortcut, click on Properties, go to the Compatability Tab, click on the check box next to Run as Administrator or if you want to have all users on the PC then click on the Change settings for all Users then click on the box to Run as Administrator.  Double click the shortcut and you're not running as Administrator and have access to the file much easier.

• 2 months later...

Ever since i upgraded to Win10 a month and a half ago 99% of the screen shots's i've taken are not available for viewing through file explorer.  They are there when i go in through the gallery in game but i have not been able to find them outside of game.

I know of one other person who is having a similar problem.

Any ideas brain trust?

:blink:   :huh:   :P

Edited by Shanti
"Screen shots missing" merged here

They are probably in your windows.old folder, check in there Dee. In the C/D drive whichever you have Windows installed on. As when you upgrade to windows 10 it leaves a Windows.old folder on your hard drive for a month after upgrade and it has all your files in from your older version of windows as some folders aren't transferred automatically and I believe the 3DXChat Screenshot folder is one of them. Check it out and see if they are there?

Yeah I believe running your game as admin will fix that issue. But make sure there is a Screenshots folder in the 3DXChat folder. As the permission and location is changed from 7/8/8.1 - 10 So may need to re-add, or set the games screenshots folders write permissions to all users. :)

Yeah i'm running as admin now and that has fixed the problem of getting them there.  Now the ones that i had taken are, a little worringly, are no longer there in game either...

How will i know if the last 6 weeks were real if i don't have photographic evidence!   >O,,O<

>laughs<  :lol:

love, dee!