3DXChat Community

After upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 - Black screen

vladok

I dont see why its the devs fault that you decided to upgrade to W10, also you should know by now that AMD have never been praised for their driver support.... Many people are saying wait with upgrading for this reason alone, drivers will take a while to catch up and be completly up to date.

Also i have no idea where you got the info that 1/3 of 3dx uses AMD cards, i highly doubt that.

Open debate about how many laptop or desktop users have AMD / ATI, Nvidia, Intel and other video card - not interested for me.

If you have no idea, Google it :)

For example: (more than 1,000 users, Ukraine)

02-brand-2014.png

Example 2

Quick search AMD vs Nvidia

Which Graphics Card Do You Use, Nvidia or AMD?

Nvidia  56.07%  (17,807 votes)

AMD  31.13%  (9,887 votes)

See http://kotaku.com/which-graphics-card-do-you-use-nvidia-or-amd-1440853030

The dev doesn't have the manpower to test every possible combinaison of hardware and drivers.

Anyone that is upgrading right away is taking a bet and some of you will loose your bet.

You cannot blame 3dxchat for the problem you are experiencing. Send them the most information you can and if the problem is on there end, they will fix it.

It it a matter of manufacturer driver or sli configuration then you might be out of luck for a while.

Writing here is nice and all, but if you feel that there a problem that can't be solve by the community, you need to write to the dev.

Thats for laptop users in general, nothing related to 3dx at all.

Your arguments are not entirely convincing. You then try to argue about AMD and Nvidia, then you're trying to argue about game laptops.

You've heard of the gaming laptops?

Googly that.

If you use a desktop -Excellent.

This does not mean that people do not play games on laptops.

It's all. :)))

I am running 3DXChat perfectly fine on Windows 10

My current set up is:

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor @ 4GHz per core.

16GB G-Skill Ripjaw-X RAM 1866MHz speed.

AMD Radeon R9-280X Vapor-X Edition 3GB Video Card

Edit: It sounds like AMD might of released a bad Driver for their Mobility Cards. There was another Catalyst Update recently, check see if you can update to it Vladok and see if it fixes your problem.

I am running 3DXChat perfectly fine on Windows 10

My current set up is:

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor @ 4GHz per core.

16GB G-Skill Ripjaw-X RAM 1866MHz speed.

AMD Radeon R9-280X Vapor-X Edition 3GB Video Card

Wow... That gear is so overkill for running 3dxchat. Hehe

I hope you do something else of that computer. ;)

The dev doesn't have the manpower to test every possible combinaison of hardware and drivers.

Anyone that is upgrading right away is taking a bet and some of you will loose your bet.

You cannot blame 3dxchat for the problem you are experiencing. Send them the most information you can and if the problem is on there end, they will fix it.

It it a matter of manufacturer driver or sli configuration then you might be out of luck for a while.

Writing here is nice and all, but if you feel that there a problem that can't be solve by the community, you need to write to the dev.

Of course, developers can not test the game on all hardware versions and variation.

Therefore it is very important the feedback from the players.

This topic - feedback.

Besides that.

Link to this topic (and problem) has been sent to developers three days ago.

So that...

All in order.

What you wrote has been done three days ago.

Your arguments are not entirely convincing. You then try to argue about AMD and Nvidia, then you're trying to argue about game laptops.

You've heard of the gaming laptops?

Googly that.

If you use a desktop -Excellent.

This does not mean that people do not play games on laptops.

It's all. :)))

Im not saying that no one plays 3dx on laptops, im saying that the statistics cant be used for anything in regards to 3dx since its a general poll, not connected directly to 3dx.

But on topic, maybe try a driver roll back, that sometimes worked when i had AMD many years ago, maybe it does in this case as well

ashbash

My laptop card Radeon HD 5000 mobile

No R9-280X :)))

Game worked perfect to Win7, after update OS to Win 10 - stop working, black start screen (after clean install - windowed black screen)

All manipulation (clear install, bla bla bal, drivers and other mmm... :) - not help

Read this topic, please

Yes I have read over the topic, it could be some sort of driver malfunction as the OS is only just been released so expect some errors and driver failures.

So it's just a black screen, is this on the loading screen before character selector or is it actually when you click to play and log in?

Just a black screen to game start (in window - windowed mode)

Win 10 64 bytes

I no see loading, no see login

Only black screen

Uninstall / delete game folder / clear 3dxchat to regedit /new AMD drivers/ install 3dxchat again from main site - black screen to start game...

You might want to try another game using the unity 3D engine and see if you get the same issue.

I just Google unity 3d engine and black screen and got some result.

Might be worth checking out.

Hmm that's most odd.

Have you done any modifications to your character at all that isn't already in the Vanilla client of 3DX?

Of course not.

I did not use cheat engine :)

I just update windows from win 7 to win 10

And...

And - game start black screen :)

Hmm okay as I know some people have had similar results because of some modifications that no longer work...

Hmm.. Try what Skar suggested and try another game using the Unity Engine, see if it's the same result.

You might want to try another game using the unity 3D engine and see if you get the same issue.

I just Google unity 3d engine and black screen and got some result.

Might be worth checking out.

I googled this ... all patents not worked...

Thanks

I try demo from DevilMaster...

Hmm okay as I know some people have had similar results because of some modifications that no longer work...

Hmm.. Try what Skar suggested and try another game using the Unity Engine, see if it's the same result.

OK :)

A little bit later.

It is necessary to eat :)

ashbash

My laptop card Radeon HD 5000 mobile

No R9-280X :)))

Game worked perfect to Win7, after update OS to Win 10 - stop working, black start screen (after clean install - windowed black screen)

All manipulation (clear install, bla bla bal, drivers and other mmm... :) - not help

Read this topic, please

I have also the Radeon HD5000 Mobile on my Surface 3 Pro with Windows 10 and for me works 3DXChat good :)

I think the reason isn't the Graphics! 

But MS is starting with the roll out of the first bug fix patch, with luck works after this.

I have also a lot problems with Win 10 on Microsofts own Surface Pro 3....

I hope it wills fix very soon :unsure: