3DXChat Community

After upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 - Black screen

vladok

Audio & Graphics Bug - Fix Step by Step

1. Deinstall 3DXChat
  2. Go to: C:\Program Files(x86)\3DXchat and delete this Folder
  3. Open Registry Editor
  4. Go in the Registry Editor to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SexGameDevil  right click to this Folder and delete.
  5. Close the Registry Editor
  6. Reboot your PC
  7. Install the Game
  8. Have Fun   :)

After upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 - Black screen

Clear reinstall game (see quoted text)  - Black screen

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Usually games running black screen with sound has some thing to do with either missing DirectX  or  Microsoft visualC sometimes . They could have get corrupted n update. If you did fresh install of windows 10 then they probs are not there.  My Dying light game did almost the same thing cuzz i didnt have Visual c.

the Sexgamedevil site has this listed in technical problems.  "maybe try reinstalling it. 

• DirectX is not installed or corrupted (PC only). Download the latest DirectX runtime from the website of Microsoft.

-The only other thing i have heard about to make games run black screens is sometimes windows can default to a non native resolution, If game does support your resolution and you have in full screen mode.  it could cause problems. Maybe try switching your resolutions for your actual desktop to a standard low one just to see if it works in the meantime. It may be worth a shot in the dark.

thats all i got.

good luck.  

We upgraded a small subset of machines to Windows 10 for internal testing at work. 20 machines out of 180. It has been a fun ride so far with various bugs and glitches but for the most part... stable. Except for the marketing machines which run SLI Quadro cards. SLI is buggy to the point if crying. I decided to give this a try at home and promptly used the media creation tool from MS and using my 8.1 key did a secure erase of my SSDs re-raided them and installed. All updates, all Visual C, all current DX redists, and the latest 353.63 GeForce Drivers. Let me tell you my 980s are not happy. Neither are my old 780s just for confirmation.

3DX has black screen/crashes/render tearing

Shadow of Mordor is CDT

Witcher 3 is Driver Stopped Responding CDT

GreyGoo is CDT

GTA V seems ok but only 1 card works.

Forcing 1 card makes the problem intermittent but still happens. There seems to be some fight going on between the Windows Update routine and GeForce experience, and for the record, unlike Windows 8/8.1/7 etc, you cannot disable the updates or skip some. You can only defer them.

Mileage varies as it's not constant, but the constant resetting of my 2nd monitor is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, Windows 10 is brilliant but it still has a lot of things to fix. There is a large update targeted for October. I've re-installed Win8.1 and all is well again. I'll wait a while before making the jump.

We upgraded a small subset of machines to Windows 10 for internal testing at work. 20 machines out of 180. It has been a fun ride so far with various bugs and glitches but for the most part... stable. Except for the marketing machines which run SLI Quadro cards. SLI is buggy to the point if crying. I decided to give this a try at home and promptly used the media creation tool from MS and using my 8.1 key did a secure erase of my SSDs re-raided them and installed. All updates, all Visual C, all current DX redists, and the latest 353.63 GeForce Drivers. Let me tell you my 980s are not happy. Neither are my old 780s just for confirmation.

3DX has black screen/crashes/render tearing

Shadow of Mordor is CDT

Witcher 3 is Driver Stopped Responding CDT

GreyGoo is CDT

GTA V seems ok but only 1 card works.

Forcing 1 card makes the problem intermittent but still happens. There seems to be some fight going on between the Windows Update routine and GeForce experience, and for the record, unlike Windows 8/8.1/7 etc, you cannot disable the updates or skip some. You can only defer them.

Mileage varies as it's not constant, but the constant resetting of my 2nd monitor is frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, Windows 10 is brilliant but it still has a lot of things to fix. There is a large update targeted for October. I've re-installed Win8.1 and all is well again. I'll wait a while before making the jump.

So just for confirmation

All these issues are because of the SLI or does it happen with single card only as well.

My old rig used to run SLI of 570.

But during the past year I been reading that almost every game ever now have trouble or no performance gain or barely any for the price of it regardless of windows version so I did transitioned to single 970 for now.

I do know reason why to go for SLI such as higher resolutions and so on but at the moment with my current budget I am quite happy with 1080(not really).

Atm I have this PC ready to upgrade and from everyone I talked no one seems to had any issues in games be in it old games from 2000 or the recent new ones from the past year.

Only issue I read was about GW2 but that was due to some update issue which was resolved by doing clean install of windows 10.

Not arguing just asking for information to know if to wait or not. While I don't mind waiting I admit I was curious about some performance things mainly because I skipped windows 8 completely except on my old laptop.

Thanks.

As for anyone DX12 wont be here for while, there are few fps gains in most games with windows 10 and bit in overall performance mainly for people who skipped 8 and are still on 7. For most people I would recommend waiting out 3 to 6 months the upgrade is free for year after all. I am just asking for myself :P

Edit: few typos and such I am dead today sorry -_-

i saw that also at my 1st installation already and i think that suxx so much, they have to change that, rediculous "new feature"!

shout_wind.jpg

installed it on two peeps laptops and on one of my newer rigs! it sure is something one would have already wished win8.1 could have been! actually i had that win10 on my other rig "ready" just made an backup image and wanted to install aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll the rest of my felt thousand of programms, tools and games later and suddenly as i wanted to do that 1 day later: no more creative xfi gamer fatality pro soundcard found`?!?! + csl not more working?!!? screaaaaaaaaaammmm so, although its brilliant as u say, i told myself 'fuk off' for now, live is to short and i also will wait and wont jump on the hypetrain (yet)! after some time has gone by, ill sure wish to see it on my main gaming rig, u bet and till then, once i have to "learn it" for my job, ill only use it on an extra partition or in a virtualized enviroment to see which probs i could have with my used hard- and software!....till then staying with win7 + win8.1 - amen to that -

edit:

why the heck, didnt i listen to myself?!? well i atleast did that one this older rig that im writtn with now^^

never change a running system and i never install a new windows on my main machine before atleast 1-2 patches were released...just sayin^^

From http://3dxchat.com/support/
I have a problem with starting the game:

1. Install the latest version of DirectX
System: latest version installed
2. Make sure you have installed and you are running the latest video card drivers
OK
3. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
4. Restart PC
Restarted
BLACK SCREEN to 3DXchat starting
Again...
WTF?

From http://3dxchat.com/support/

I have a problem with starting the game:

1. Install the latest version of DirectX

2. Make sure you have installed and you are running the latest video card drivers

OK

3. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

4. Restart PC

Restarted

BLACK SCREEN to 3DXchat starting

Again...

WTF?

"rollback" or reinstall ur old OS where it was working and WAIT a while!!

that will work and save u much lifetime and will be probably "fix" it faster as anything else!!

may the force be with you

just my 2 cents

This is a long post :P Right so for clarification, and after a fun and informative day with Windows 10 at work yesterday where I spent the day in the recesses of the technical department, where they all need a tan and some fresh air (j/k) we took a wide range of hardware and built around 12 different machines and tried various configurations and ecosystems, here is a rough idea of what we used:

- various Z97 Mobos (MSI / ASRock / EVGA) with Haswell & Haswell Refresh processors

- various Z170 Mobos (MSI / ASRock / Asus) with an engineering sample of a 6700k
- various DDR3 & DDR4 Kits (Corsair / Kingston / Geil)
- various GeForce 5xx / 6xx / 7xx / 9xx cards (MSI / EVGA / Leadtek)
- various Radeon 6xxx / 7xxx / R7 xxx / R9 xxx and a Fury X for good measure (MSI / Sapphire)
- Kingston / OCZ / Samsung SSDs
- WD Black HDDs & a couple Raptors

We did various installs from fresh, as well as upgrading and also with a simulated older drive by writing tons of junk to it. Various versions of drivers etc etc. A deployment server was a godsend :D

Disclaimer: EVERYBODY will have a different experience with Windows 10. What I experienced others might not but here are a few caveats with Windows 10.
- last night (05 Aug 2015) MS issued a large "servicing" update to Windows 10. It apparently has a large swath of fixes.
- Windows Update is less controllable (you cannot block updates)
- The EULA is less privacy friendly. If you want to fall asleep, read it.
- The explorer.exe is more prone to silent crashing/resetting
- The Notification/Action Center sometimes duplicates messages or loses them
- Changing Default apps is fine in the settings app. Apps can't change this anymore. Users have to.
- Battery drain on notebooks is all over the place. Good and bad.
- Manual IP configuration causes Windows to think it has multiple network adapters
- Razer peripherals cause the synapse installer crap to pop up OVER the windows installer and you can't fucking click anything (angry face here, doesn't always happen)
- GeForce Multi Monitor is hit and miss (works or fails balls)

- Hardware acceleration with Office 2013 sometimes causes odd and funny graphical glitches

- Windows will share WiFi passwords with friends using WiFi Sense. It is safe as it wont share with random people you dont know but the tin foil hat people hate it.

- This is a BIG ONE - Windows 10 has BitTorrent functionality built in that can and will download your updates from MS Servers AND other PC's on the network AND around the world... AND it will use your PC to "seed" updates to other users. This can be turned off in the Windows Update section of the Settings App.

Here is what we noticed. The problems are very very hard to reproduce. Some people will NEVER have a problem ever. Windows 10 will be amazing. For others you might have intermittent problems. A good point to note. Other than graphics drivers, MOST Windows 8.1 drivers work on 10, so if you know what you are doing you can pop into Admin Tools and Services, stop the Windows Update service, change it to Manual then pop into the Task Scheduler and edit it so it doesn't start with windows, disable driver signing using the winkey+r and typing MSCONFIG and install your more stable 8.1 drivers.

Here is an easier tutorial to turn off the Auto Updates in Windows 10: Link

Your mileage is going to vary like I said. A quick scan of the GeForce forums, the AMD forums, the MSDN and Technet sites and a few others shows a wide range of praise and cursing.

MS also has a list of games that work but no real tech spec on it. Found here: Link

Here is the Media Creation Tool if you want to FORCE a Windows 10 update: Link

If you are REALLY brave and do not mind messing in the registry you can go to the following key to FORCE Windows to give you the update:

Winkey+R --> Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Microsoft --> Windows --> CurrentVersion --> WindowsUpdate --> OSUpgrade --> Click on the OSUpgrade folder.

Then look for the following DWORD: AllowOSUpgrade

If you do not have it Right click in the right hand side windows - Create a 32Bit Dword called AllowOSUpgrade then right click and edit it and change the hex to 1.

Also check your reservation state. Make sure it looks like the attached image from my home machine :)

For my part, last night I upgraded Windows this time (mainly due to a fresh install of 8.1 and it's better. A lot better. Ironic. SLI is still a little iffy, but overall far better. To answer Riela:
- there were/are SLI problems
- there were/are Single card problems
- I use SLI as my home machine is also used for work renders and needs the horsepower
- Some people are having more problems than others
- Windows update fights with any other driver auto update such as GeForce experience (Win10 will use hot fix drivers, GFEX uses latest WHQL)
- SLI performance varies by engine. Witcher loves it and chugs along at VSYNC cap on my 144hz monitor, Shadow of Mordor loves it. WoW and Wildstar don't need it. Arma3 benefits a tiny bit. Starcraft runs a little slower with SLI.

In terms of this I have rolled back to 8.1 again and I am literally just going to wait until the new year to give everything a chance to settle. Personal feeling.

My system spec for gaming has changed a little so for reference here is my current system spec: The 5960x is now purely a work machine.

Core i7 4790k (4.0Ghz base/4.4GHz Turbo - Running at 4.7 OCd with Corsair H110 closed loop water cooling system)

ASRock Z97 Extreme9 Motherboard

32GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3 2133 using XMP profile

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD x2 in Raid 0 (Primary OS Drive)

WD VelociRaptor 1.0TB x2 in Raid 0 (Gaming Drive)

WD Green 6.0TB for random junk and the Backup of my OS raid and Gaming raid.

All other info is kept on a 5-bay Synology NAS

Gigabyte GeForce GTX980Ti Gaming G1 x2 in SLI

Acer XG270HU Monitor

Corsair AX1200i Power Supply

(Added the Screencaps to show the config)

In all of this 3DX is hit and miss. Running it in 8.1 Compatibility mode fixed all my issues.

So after this huge post, the only way you are going to know is to try, so read a few reviews, read a few forums, play with 10 on a friends machine, and remember if you do upgrade your existing 7/8/8.1 using the free upgrade you have a month to revert back. You accepted the upgrade so it's free for the life of that machine and you can re upgrade at any time.

Otherwise my suggestion is to use something like VMWare or Parallels Desktop, and run Windows 10 in a virtual machine and see if you are happy with it before moving across.

It is VERY hard for me to say that everybody will have problems. You wont, or you will or you might or you might not. It is going to vary wildly but for the most part Windows 10 is very stable.

EDIT: For the Tin Foil Hat people. Read the following:
Windows 10 Privacy Concerns: Ars Technica: Link

Microsoft Responds to Privacy Concerns: Link

The Guardian: Windows 10 Privacy: Link

There is a virtual fuck ton of stories on Windows 10 Privacy, google it and give it a read :P

post-257-0-96274500-1438865064_thumb.png

post-257-0-24750500-1438866848_thumb.png

post-257-0-83784200-1438869692_thumb.png

Unfortunately, we have no choice :)

You do have a choice, who is telling you that you must use windows 10 right now? Vista, 7 and 8.1 still work fine to my knowledge and there havent been announced any plans to close the support for those 3 right here and now.

I have upgraded and am loving it, others havent been as lucky as me, so take the chance and upgrade if you want the windows 10 features, or wait till it gets stable enough for your taste.

Too lazy to do 15 m clean install or 30 minutes roll back..

I don't know why are you even here asking for help when you refuse any advice at all?

Or you think it's 3DX fault and just looking for someone to blame and magically fix your issue?

Try compatibility mode with windows 7 as well clean registry of 3DXChat,

if those 2 doesn't work you are out of luck and I don't think its fixable on the 3DX side of things but more like issue that happened during upgrading to 10.

:)))
All tried: compatibility mode, clean registry, new drivers, ect.
Game not work already 3 days
Support 3DXchat/ GameDevil write me:..

It seems like AMD made a bad Win 10 support in their drivers.
Game works fine on NVidia cards

Other words: I need buy new laptop (with nVidia GeForce)  for gaming to 3DXchat? :)))
Excellent !!!!

1/3 3DXchat laptop and desktop players have AMD card. 2/3 already gone Win 10 or 9/10 players in a month or two will go to Win 10
What will we do?
Wait for AMD?
And if it is not AMD?
Those interested in the game compatible with the old operating system? :)
In other words - the old game?

In other words:
To the game progressed and sold well, it must:
1. work under the new operating system. No word on that "destroy the new operating system and your files and programs from your computer and put the old Win 7 (go and buy it)/ rollback to Win7..etc.../ or go to Achat " is not accepted.
2. The game should work with any video card on any laptop/desktop processor
It's all.
Everything else is not interesting.

Achat work perfect on AMD video card in Win10. Checked.
Battlefield, Arma 2/3, etc. -Works.
3dxchat not working.

The developers problem.

Only

Game need patch

Yesterday

Why is that?
Because Win10 technical preview (version for developers) has been available since September 2014

:)))