3DXChat Community

A new server online

Gizmo

Guest SayaX

They were working on their whole systems, which included the forums. :) As it's apart of the 3DX Network, so they were working on all servers during the new server migration. 

I checked the Twitter feeds but nothing on there, would have been cool to have some sort of update on social media (Twitter and Facebook) which isn't affected by the downtime.

Dear friends!

The game is now back online, we apologize for the delay. We had some technical issues that needed to be addressed, which caused us to have to extend the maintenance time. As an apology, all players will receive 1000 xGold credited to their accounts. We thank you for your patience and hope you continue to enjoy 3DXChat.

SexGameDevil Dev Team

With all due respect, after such a big downtime, players would appreciate more something like 1 extra day in their subscription than 1000 xgold.

What can we possibly do with xgold that can make up for half a day of downtime?

Consider that it the only maintenance downtime we had in I don't know how long.

Since 3dxchat doesn't need regular downtime maintenance, those have been few in the last 2 years.

Sure we had crash in the past and dev been working every time to improve the service.

I want to thanks the dev for the continued effort to improve this game even if I don't agree to every decision. ;)

And before asking for getting refund a day of sub and other stuff like that, you need to take into account that 3dxchat do business with BMT and asking such a small refund for all your player base gonna be costly in time and follow up. I think the time of the staff is better used elsewhere.

It was a mearly 11h downtime and it extended only 5 hour after the planed maintenance. I would say we got out of this easy.

Well, that won't solve the numerous bugs. Hehe

i believe BMT only handles the money transactions... extending every active subscription to 1 more day should be something as simple as an update query in the game's database...

But anyway, I also appreciate the efforts even if I don't show it that much :)

Well, it is true that 3dxchat must be the one that take care of the subscription to certain point.

But it would still need to contact BMT to update every recurring subscription by one day so people get billed on the right day. Some of us, like me, still pay the monthly fee to play. :)

I just don't think it worth the trouble.

Just to add, the notice of downtime was posted on the game and here late on the day before it occurred, If you didn't log on (or access the forum) after it was posted, all you would know was that you couldn't access 3DXChat today, with no access to information anywhere to explain why. 

Also, if you only have a specific timeframe for accessing the game, that could mean you could not only lose the $A300 for the day but be back to $A185, increasing back to $A300 over several days, so the offer of $A1000 isn't necessarily that much of a  deal.

Seeing as you seem to be a spokesperson Ash, why don't you post on Facebook and/or other social media?

He would need to have access to those media to been able to post.

None of the forum mod and I think even ash are employed by 3dxchat.

So it would be another expension of our responsabilities or Ash responsibilities in this case.

He would need to have access to those media to been able to post.

None of the forum mod and I think even ash are employed by 3dxchat.

So it would be another expension of our responsabilities or Ash responsibilities in this case.

That's correct, we don't have access to their social networks, we are the forum mods. :) I just keep up to date on Dev posts and such here on forums. ^^

Guest SayaX

While the forum is a great resource and the mods do a great job, the problem with the forum is that not everyone in 3DX Chat uses the forum so there would have been a lot of people who did not see the announcement.

Just a few tips for future maintenance:

• Send out an email to all members (I don't check the email (NSFW) I signed up to 3DX with very often, which leads me on to the other two...)
  • On the 3DX Chat and 3DX Forum website and game have a page that explains the reason for downtime
  • Use social media to be more transparent about the maintenance taking longer than expected

I think the upgrade was handled very well apart from the communication side. I am a regular on the forum and I only heard about it the day before through World Chat. This is by no means a criticism. Keep up the great work team! :)

I completely agree with Sayako on this one...

The whole thing became a thing mostly because of no announcement at all.

No online service performs a maintenance on all their servers at once.. Usually they at least make sure that the main page redirects to a maintenance page providing information on the status so that their subscribers are informed of what's going on.

For future maintenance jobs, have this in mind and we'll all be happy even if the maintenance takes 2 days to complete :)

Regards

I personally saw this "problem" on the morning when i tried to log in forum and wasnt able . Then i tried the game many times and i wasnt able . I used aroound 10€ to contact my internet provider to know if there was a problem with my conection , and i was worried that my account or the site was hacked .

This is where my idea of an "anouncement tab" in the chat box in game would have be usefull . When i am in game , i'm generally in the arms of my wife and i totally dont care the world chat so when something is announced there i dont know it . With an announcement tab , i would have see it enlight and i would have take a look .

About the 1000 Xgold , maybe it's not many , but it's better than nothing . And for the return to 150 Xgold for dayly reward , well it's nothing in 3 or 4 days you are back to 300 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since the new Server:

Is it some times very lagy in game, for example one hour works without problems but then comes a time and the game works with 1 FPS really slow an lagy for 3 - 5 min and then again without problems for 30min - 1hour and then comes the lag back :huh:

It's not only me, I know of some members with this problem :(

I was tonight 7hours online and in this time I had the lags for 10 - 13 times.

Also I had this many days before always from time to time, it's since the new server online is!

Since the new Server:

Is it some times very lagy in game, for example one hour works without problems but then comes a time and the game works with 1 FPS really slow an lagy for 3 - 5 min and then again without problems for 30min - 1hour and then comes the lag back :huh:

It's not only me, I know of some members with this problem :(

I was tonight 7hours online and in this time I had the lags for 10 - 13 times.

Also I had this many days before always from time to time, it's since the new server online is!

It could be something with the newer patches as well, i see way more lag spikes whenever i have the lighting effect thing turned on, and its seemingly random or when i look at a specific angle with the camera.

i doubt its a server issue, more likely just a game optimization issue :\ Either way can only hope they get it fixed soon

• 2 weeks later...

I can not connect more to the game, I can only interact with my virtual partner, if I move to another location, or open my profile, I get "LOST CONNECTION" I tried to uninstall the game, clean the registry, I opened the ports 81 and 8124, I turned off all firewalls, I turned off the virus, there is no more way to make it work, while I paid a month and I could not enjoy the game ... I await response in my email!

post-4725-0-49177800-1440990068_thumb.jpg

post-4725-0-04478300-1440990083_thumb.jpg

post-4725-0-06030000-1440990110_thumb.jpg