3DXChat Community

How to embed YouTube videos to Profile Page??

just lookn for the topics in here but cant find them

anyway, either just add the youtube link pure (works for me) or (as many others, cause why ever, it only works for them like that)
-> put the link between a media tag [media ] videolink [/media ] writtn by hand or use forumtools like in the pic

Jk9rznK.jpg

this pic was powered by 3dx member mysterico

(and of course with NO SPACE in the tag as i wrote, i just did that to display it for ya, otherwise it isnt shown as a "command")

Guest marianaclarke

You remove "s" the https:// when adding the link itself.  The player will appear but not actually start.

HD bro,

all you need to do is copy the youtube link from the address bar in your browser and paste it onto your profile page when you are in editing mode.

thats true klaudio, but for some reasons that i dont know (yet), for some ppl it only works with the [media tag] in their profile and only god knows why^^

[OT]for example, i bought a server licence of this same board that we are using here at 3dx to host a new forum for my own community, cause our forum was 10 years old meanwhile coughs! i added 3 vids in my profile just using the link like u said and how i do it here also. but only 1 vid showded up and the 2 others didnt and only the link was displayed! but after adding the [media tag], all 3 videos are displayed now in my profile. and hey, good that i wrote this, i just got an idea...runs and dives into the adminpanel to check something...thx 4 making me think about it again klaudio hahaaa[/OT]

Guest Avatar

Ive looked through the Tech Support topic and havent found this answer though i am sure it been discussed. 

When i use the YouTube Embed link, this does not work to embed onto profile page. Im at a lose here, any help would be thankful.

You might be using INTERNET EXPLORER  that it won't work as I tried it before, someone-> :P  just told me to do it in  CHROME OR FIREFOX browser . 

21c753t.jpg21c753t.jpg21c753t.jpg21c753t.jpg

2myp8wg.jpg

You might be using INTERNET EXPLORER  that it won't work as I tried it before, someone-> :P  just told me to do it in  CHROME OR FIREFOX browser . 

thx for the hint avatar!! btw, the vid in your profile isnt showing in firefox^^

Heya's! While we at it here, how about .gifs like this sExY one above me!? How to post .gifs to profile page and elseweres?? :P

Uhh, i answer this one on my ownsome before you's get the chance... :) 

:P :P  

tumblr_nf14x5JfaK1tkpuxmo1_500.gif

:P :P

[ img ] url [/ img ] (without the spaces of course..)