3DXChat Community

World Chat HTML Spam

Goose

I'm not sure how long it's been this bad, but world chat spam advertising for user rooms using HTML (or just HTML spam in general) is getting way out of hand. It's taking up half the chat box every 20-30 seconds (sometimes less than that), and multiple people are doing it at once.. this needs to stop.

Please remove HTML from world and local chat completely. It should be allowed for profiles and PM's only.

It's better to fix the problem at the root than to band-aid it by reporting and/or blocking the people doing it, since there are quite a number of them and it will just keep happening. 

Will this stop people spamming world chat with advertisements or happy face spam? No, but at least it won't disrupt discussions anywhere close to as much as it currently does. 

EDIT: Good ideas/suggestions posted by other users:

-Create an 'Announcements' or 'Events' channel, replacing the unused 'Roleplay' channel. This would give people the option to whether or not they want to see advertisements.

-Remove HTML from world but allow in local/pm

-Remove <size></size> tags from chats

Abbey suggested creating a built-in time restriction on how often HTML can be used, this is also a good idea. But this could be easily circumvented by having multiple users take turns advertising the same room. The only way this would work would be if it were on a 30 minute timer, at a minimum.

I agree it is super annoying!

And when you politely ask them to stop, they become über butthurt. And then also all the white knights come and protect them.

I am actually surprised there are no White Knights here yet to tell you to fuck off lol. 

Doesn't worry me too much, at least the text is usually more pleasant than a lot of the other crap on world chat

here actually too cordelia, just thinking of others as usual^^ and totally agree with last mentioned :blink:

Guest Eddster

Doesn't worry me too much, at least the text is usually more pleasant than a lot of the other crap on world chat. Perhaps if they made it possible to scroll back a lot further it would help/be better.

Yeah, I wish all the channels would have more than a 20-22 entry limit. I counted it one day...I can't remember the exact number but it needs to be increased either way.

Improving the room lists look might decrease the need for advertising.     ^_^

Im tired of scrolling a long list of rooms where most have  0 or 1 people in it.     -_-

1 list for people who want a a sexpartner and 1 list for people throwing parties ?

Or rooms who have say, more than 5 people shows on a seperate list ?

A " room profile " telling us what the rooms focus / theme is ?

Im just spitballing ideas now, wouldnt be a priority to me unless we suddenly got alot more players.     B)

** wonders when promised color palette is getting ready **

I am totally against the removal of the code from the global and the local chat.
By the way.
I support the idea to expand the possibilities of this code, insert code to make YouTube preview, preview pictures. As we urgently (and for a long time) requires a system of smiles.
Do not tell people that they write in a chat, and how many times a minute to write in the chat. Respect people.

I am totally against the removal of the code from the global and the local chat.

By the way.

I support the idea to expand the possibilities of this code, insert code to make YouTube preview, preview pictures. As we urgently (and for a long time) requires a system of smiles.

Do not tell people that they write in a chat, and how many times a minute to write in the chat. Respect people.

Spamming world chat with chat filling bright pink adverts for rooms every minute is not my definition of respecting people either. I'd say respect works both ways, don't you think?

I support the right of people to advertise, I just think there should be a more appropriate place or way to do it that finds the balance between spam and respect.

Agree to world chat, but please leave it to local. Sometimes you want to congrat some peoples to their birthday or special celebrations. Imagine a wedding where everyone has to put the html stuff into pm. Kills the mood quite hard... So remove it from world but leave it to local. Make the letter size limited to maybe 24 points so the html stuff don't get to big.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree it is super annoying!

And when you politely ask them to stop, they become über butthurt. And then also all the white knights come and protect them.

I am actually surprised there are no White Knights here yet to tell you to fuck off lol. 

lol, for once i agree...

....and given that Cathy and I agreeing on something could spell the end of the world please at least put some controls in on this if not ban it entirely...

The heart of the problem is the "high school" popularity competition mode where people look at the people counter and the one that packed the most in the room logs off and stroke their ego *grumbles*

But sadly we cant slap some sense into people so I go with something like Abbey suggested since I think a ban will restrict peoples creativity or something other in the peace love and harmony line *gets more coffee since that whole post most likely didn't make sense*

The heart of the problem is the "high school" popularity competition mode where people look at the people counter and the one that packed the most in the room logs off and stroke their ego *grumbles*

I find this useless :) . In my personal club there is rarely more than 5 or 6 peoples in same time , and we always have nice discutions and small parties ( even without any DJing ) :D

I don't agree :angry:

Why we should remove good and nice functions?

Is it the mistake of the game if some members abuse this functions? I don't think so...

The most members use this functions with respect and not always and for the members who abuse this functions and spam again and again the Chat with too large messages should the Ignore functions work very well for all. :)

What's next, chat limit for members who chat on public chats? :rolleyes:

I always see the block button as the kind of extreme option, you know. Over the top advertising in world chat is annoying, but it never feels block annoying to me.

Also, I can see why people would want to advertise their rooms.

Also, I don't really want HTML removed from chats.... but I think it would be nice if some of the more moderate suggestions from this thread could have some consideration for implementation. For example, agree with the suggestion that RP channel is pretty much unused so why can this not be a channel for advertising rooms?

I also think there are some great suggestions for general room improvements in this thread.... for example, I agree pretty much with every one of Tipsy's suggestions.

Its not the games fault, and I think there is a need to advertise your room, but why should we not suggest some reasonable "quality of life" improvements to the room and invite system?

Is it the mistake of the game if some members abuse this functions? I don't think so...

I absolutely agree it's a good function and I'm thankful the devs gave us the ability to use it. But it's being abused by a very large amount of people and does not suit world chat anymore in my opinion. Enough people voiced their opinions about having the mass invite spam being abused, and it was removed. Then once it was removed it created this problem we have now with spamming. I think removing HTML from world chat and creating an announcements channel would be the proper solution at the moment. It's called World Chat for a reason.

54TGXLep.png

I don't agree :angry:

The most members use this functions with respect and not always and for the members who abuse this functions and spam again and again the Chat with too large messages should the Ignore functions work very well for all. :)

What's next, chat limit for members who chat on public chats? :rolleyes:

2.04. Spamming messages is prohibited in chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.