3DXChat Community

Patcher deleting files

AmandaUni

So among the many problems I have running this game, it seems the error message that pops up saying certain files are missing from the 3DXChat_Data file are because the patcher deletes them. Why does this occur? It always seems to be a random file, either a levelx or a sharesassetsx, sometimes it'll occasionally delete the 3dxchat.exe file. What is doing on here?

Also would it be too much trouble to ask for the most recent client to be put up on the website? The only way I can ever get this game to work is by downloading the most recent client.

Your issue sounds like it could be your Anti-Virus software deleting those files, as my files haven't been deleted once during patching, but maybe your Anti-Virus software picks up your new files from patching and thinks they may be malicious files and automatically removes them. Check your Anti-Virus software and if it is that, add 3DXChat/Patcher to your whitelist on your virus software. As some files come up as malicious or possibly dangerous but are all clean and no dangers to them.

Regards

Ash

Hmm.. This is most odd, have you checked in your Virus software to see if it is, actually removing it, try temporarily disabling your "Real Time Scanning" on your Virus software for a moment then repatch the game to download the file and if it's there, then it points towards that it is your virus software removing it.

I see, well I've PM'd you with a safe download link for my 3DXChat.exe file, which is build 314. Let me know if that works for you and if that is disappearing as well it means something is removing it on your computer.

• 3 weeks later...