3DXChat Community

Patcher Issues

Averalis

So I've been pulling my hair for the past few hours trying to get this to work. Unfortunately the patcher is not cooperating with me and any attempts to get it to work have been a failure.

Apparently the issue is with Unity from what a friend and I have been looking at but to no avail nothing we've done (including searching the forum) has helped. If someone mentions it's a corrupted font issue such as UNCL we've tried looking through the hidden folder and it doesn't seem to be some sort of corrupt font issue.

Can anyone please look at a log please <3? Else I'm going to have to resort to refunding just for not being able to try this game :(. If anything is there a way to run the chat WITHOUT having to be forced to run the patcher? That seems the be the only issue I'm having in regards to running this.

error.zip

I am not a master at fixing error codes however, I am rather good at finding the problem. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/239451-45-0xc0000005-access-violation according to this forum post, the most likely thing that happened was that the patcher tried to access a piece of system memory that wasn't it to use.  I suggest you uninstall and reinstall 3dxchat. also make sure no other program is running when start 3dxchat. Before you reinstall 3dxchat be sure to restart the computer. Be sure to remove all files of 3dxchat from your computer and re-download the game from the site to be 100% sure that you have a none corrupt file. anytime you download or install software there is a chance of corruption due to a number of problems. 

As far as skipping the patcher I do not believe there is a way to do this. when you download the game from the server you are getting their latest install version which is usually up to the nearest hundred or so version. Currently the game is on version 312 and I believe a fresh install is at version 300. You need to be up to the newest version to log into the game servers and there is no offline way to play. 

If  fresh install of the game doesn't fix your problem then could you please explain (or record) what the patcher does before it reaches this error? The problem may lie with dependencies of unity. Do you have any other games you are unable to play or other unity games?

tl;dr

uninstall 3dxchat > delete the download file > restart computer > redownload 3dxchat from the site > reinstall > start game