3DXChat Community

Is this really just a sex game?

Sage Stoner

Is it time to think about rebranding 3DX as an adult community?

I’m not part of the development team. So the following is strictly my personal opinion. And I realize that SexGameDevil and the developers have the right to market their product as they see fit. But I would really like to see some discussion within this community about what this game is, how it should be branded, and how we want to refer to it. In a nutshell, I am hoping to get away from thinking about 3DX as a sex game and place greater emphasis on it being a community.

Yes, there are a lot of people who use this game as a sex toy, and I have no issue with that per se. Everyone has their own motivations for being here, and I respect that. But in return, I wish that we could all avoid assuming that everyone is here for the same reason and show mutual respect to those with different values than our own.

Like every other online game I have ever played, players come into the game at first with limited knowledge of what to expect, but as they gain experience, begin to push the envelope of the developers’ intent and start adapting the game to their own needs. Thus, even though almost all of us come to this game in anticipation of “cybering,” there are many of us who stay here long term not because of the sex but because we are able to form close friendships in a community of like-minded individuals, where people with different values show mutual respect and acceptance to one another.

That is why I think that the time has come to shift our perspective away from viewing “sex” as the sole raison d'être of this game and emphasize the advantages of being part of a community of people who can enjoy relationships that include explicit expression of sexuality.

I realize that not everyone will agree with me, but I hope that everyone can understand that the fact we can express sexuality in this game does not mean that sex is the only thing we come here for. And that being a member of this community is a really wonderful and valuable experience.

I was having a realy long reply to you, but then i deleted it, cuz it was a bit .......sad and honest. I dont wanna ruin your discussion, with other ppl, writing down my honest opinion lol :) But i hardly dissagree. Sorry, no offense.

You know, first when I've seen people with the profile like " Im here for Sex only ", i was thinking " oh boy, i feel sorry for you....what an awful person ". And i was looking for ppl to chat, and get know them more. People who seem interested, funny, kind, honest....

I only needed one month to realise, that there are people who honestly says " im here for sex only " . They are not dumb, morons, retardeds or whatever we would call them. They just dont try to hide their reason of signing up here, like some people do.

For example here comes my confession: I'd have not registrated here , if the game had no option of sex. IF someone says the opposite, thats a lier. (in my book). Some people need you to get know them better, play volleyball with them, dance with them, say hello to them, spend days with them on the yacht before sex. But the result is always the Bed. 

I've just started to respect those people having a profile like " cold invites are ok ". Lol. They are honest.....srsly...most honest ppl of this game. 

So if u say, this game is not about sex only, i would call you naive. But not in a mean way...no offense realy. I wish i was wrong, and those lines i wrote above are not true, but i consider myself as a person who's got good eyes, and knows the human being pretty well. 

Lol this reply has also became a long one. Ok i stopped it. I also look forward to see other opinions here, cuz its more than interested for me. 

Love this topic.Thanks.

Very interesting topic to me. I'm not about rebranding but about 3DXChat.
For sure 3DXChat is a SEX game. But it's not about a penetration only. I think there are a lot of players that are enjoy to talk, to exchange their expirience and feelings, to start a relationship and friendship. I see it in the way that players are asking developers to add not only sex poses, but also embrace, dance, kiss. This displays of tenderness.

Yes the result is always the Bed. But much nicer to have sex with a person to whom you have feelings or maybe even love. So you can spend time together with the person to get to know him (playing volleyball, walking, swimming, chat, dance, and so on). If you just want to have sex - you can find a person who is just wanting to have a sex also. But it is just sex without relationships and feelings. Satisfaction of instinct and desire.

Developing the game we want to create a virtual world for players where they feel comfortable, where they can relax and be themselves, to communicate with good people, to start a relationship, fall in love, enjoy life together, and of course sex.

Yet we think of creating an alternative site without nudity. If anyone wants to share 3DXChat with people and friends but as the virtual world or community  :)

PS: Topic has been opened - interesting to know your thoughts about it.

I am sure you are right Gizzmo, I love to go exploring with friends, like into the mountains we used to have so much fun up there, talking for hours, finding secret spots to make love in. I say leave the game alone as far as changing its format its much better than any other game I have played in, unlike other games, this one you can interact with other people or not in that way it is unique xxx

Oh this is a great topic :) Well I going to be open on this lol. The reason I joined this game a few months back was because I was well..... horny lol. If that's not the reason you joined I think you might be lying a bit ;)

I do think of it as a "sex game" yes. But when you spend some time here you get to know people. I don't like the cold invites, I really want to get to know the person first. It makes things so much better when we get to the bedroom hehe :) I feel if you don't know the person it is just talk, no passion. I have met some great people and am now in a relationship with one of the greatest guys I could have met. The more time you spend here you find it to be much more then a sex game. I have found great friends and more. And I never expected any of it. Good job 3DXCHAT! Keep it up, and there will be more people that will join this great community :)

It becomes so dificult to answer a thread when people  go back and change their initial posts ...

Ofc this is not *just* a sex game ( altered topic), or it would not be called 3DXChat, its a social Game, where people have the freedom of choice on what to do. No one is forced to have sex here, NO ONE. But if one dances naked etc, just like you do my sweet Sage, ofc you are inviting  peoples eyes on you and percurement of   more whether it be sex or not.  And as many have said here, sex is the always there. Sex is not only made of a penetration, it is a whole environment that leads to the final act, the teasing, the dancing, the nakedeness, the romantic spots, even the dances by itself are made to be sensual.

As far as the community, I agree its the best, and putting aside all the possible arrogance, or any similar feelings, I know exactly how painfull it was to build such a community, as this was my work in the last months. So Im confident to say , with all ease, we all enjoy the sex here, there isn´t one player here who has not partaken in it, excluding maybe a few new ones. So i consider this thread a total hiprocracy and even misleading ...

Some very wonderful comments from everyone. <3 It is very endearing for myself to see the encapsulation and expansion is not always what the end product was initial designed for. and while these are also my views and thoughts, they are my own. They do not have to be shared, can be shared, etc.

I believe first and foremost wherever in life you find yourself. Be it real life or the virtualized representation thereof. You should always seek to be you in all definable qualities. Sex is a integral part of life as many other things are. To negate them in respects to one would to simply be to shadow the reality of who we are. It is why I am a huge advocate to "If you wish to play a fantasy online, at least do it in a realistic way toward yourself". For those who may question and/or wonder what this means. It means just because you wish to play a fantasy role, does not mean you give up still being yourself. Because a fantasy thats more directly relatable to the self, is far more rewarding in experience. It is only the basics of human co-existence to seek out reality. We may often say we opt from such things, then recreate it, need it, desire it, in actions and words we express. I find it amazing and blissful to be a part of a new community of people. To share in their lives, their experiences, to delve a lot deeper into what makes people unique and beautiful. When you really open up, there is a glow in your heart. There is a breath and urge to seek out bonds, to seek out more than sexual adventures. Here is a corny thought maybe, "divided we fall, united we stand". I could then relate this very thought to a game simply only staying pure sex. It would be fun and enjoyable for a time. But time is fleeting, it expires, then as a developer you have to create something new, because it has waned in acceptance, Rather than create something new as a developer to expand it. To enhance the idea or ideas. So it is with great heart I am happy to be here, to be a part of you all. And to seek that here becomes something more, something better. And yes maybe share some smiles, words, and m&m's.

xoxo

Heather

*Cracks Knuckles* Time to weigh in on this one.... Hmmm....

Firstly, I came one here as I needed a change from the sites I had been on, something different, and all I can say is I got that. 3DX is by far the best bunch of people I have had the privilege of meeting in a long time. I met an amazing girl and I am in a relationship with her. She is an absolutely wonderful person that I never would have met otherwise. I cannot express in words properly just how amazing she is and how much fun she is to be with.

Right so what I have witnessed aside... first and foremost this game is an Adult Game. It is not just sex. ANY Sex Game spawns a community if you look at all the others that have come before 3DX. Every single one, and I have been on most of them. If you see it as just a sex game, it will be just a sex game, however if you see the social aspect of it that is already there, it becomes a social game with a fun side. It is all about your outlook and how you interpret and play the game at the end of the day, If you need somebody to hold your hand because you don't want to see the sex, or because you are not getting any sex, or because you like somebody who is only being your friend but sexing up others... you need to consider if this is really the place for you.

There are so many factors to consider when making suggestions. 1. How may other players agree or share your thoughts and is it is majority ?, 2. Would the community be what it is if they made changes like this, would people stay ? 3. Is it fair to assume that everybody assumes ? No one single person knows everybody on the server, nor do they know what each person thinks or their motivation for being here.

I particularly focus here "But in return, I wish that we could all avoid assuming that everyone is here for the same reason and show mutual respect to those with different values than our own.This is a massive assumption to make. I am willing to bet everything that this does not happen. "All" and "everyone" implies generalization and I am quite sure there are a huge number of people on here that don't assume further than what they learn based on speaking to people. There are a lot of people on here that have forged great friendships and from the numerous conversations I have had... they don't assume anything. We are essentially a community of people with similar likes and interests in a roughly speaking manner, and while there may be one or two that judge, I have not met them and find this community extremely varied and diversified in their thinking and approach to the game.

If any person in here wants to shift to a social focus, they can easily do this without suggesting that it happen in general and to all other players or all other players adopt a certain way of thinking or the makers of the game force it or consider it until they have actually listened to and spoke to the entire community. The fact that we enjoy the ability to think and form opinions as well as express our wants and needs is amazing and it is this fact alone, the varied personalities, that makes a community.

I personally believe that what you are asking for is already there. This community is diverse, cultured, expressive, intelligent and amazing. There are some wonderful people here. There are those that express themselves through ex, thoe that express themselves through music, like myself when I DJ, those that use Poetry, Dancing, Joking, Stories, Conversations the list goes on. I say again what you ask for I already see in 3DX and compared to the others that I have been in... this place amazes me daily, and the people I meet leave a mark in my life because of the differing ways they approach 3DX.

Now please do not think I am bashing or attacking you, everybody is entitled to their opinion, and mine is simply that your comments in your post have already happened, and the generalisation ones do not happen much because we are all adults and grown up/responsible individuals.

If you do not want to have sex - Don't / If you want to have sex - Have

If you do not want to be nude, don't take your clothes off, I could go on and on but I do not need to. Everything is about choice and how you choose to do things is how they will happen and things will respond to your actions. Simple as that.

There is no need to change the make-up of the server in any way, there is no need to open another server that is limp and tame and fluffy. Play the Sims if you want tame and fluffy, something for 12 year olds :)

I could go on but there is no need. Look deeper and you will see exactly what you talk about... already happening. You need only open your eyes, mind and heart and you will see.

Although 3DXChat is in beta we can already find, for the most part, a general feeling of satisfaction in our community. Graphic wise, at least in the sex game market, 3DXChat is unmatched. The gameplay and the Oculus Rift support are also very positive aspects of the game. But let's not forget what is the most notorious and unique aspect oh the game that we all play (based on both my personal experience and from those who are close to me): the friendly and fantastic community we have in here.

With my last point on mind, and with no offense intended, I have a hard time figuring out why people have such difficult understanding that sex, with feelings or not, are just a part of almost any adult that lives on planet Earth. Classification wise, yes, 3DXChat is a Sex Game but, as Bran and AndraS are saying, as much as sex is a crucial part of this puzzle it's far from being the only piece. You just need a week or two as a active player to meet a lot people that are here, mainly and genuinely, to chat, meet new people and have good laughs. Sex, in this particular scenario, may happen or not just as it would be in real life or any other adult community (even if it's not supported in game engine). 

We really don't need to work in extremes here; romantic, endering and sex free or just people looking for sex, unattached relationships or virtual prostitution. If the idea of being nude/sex free is only to avoid harassment I don't think this is the way. We have very competent mods who are always ensuring that people who don't want to only have sex and don't want be bother by that are also welcome and can enjoy the game. We all know, at this point, that rude types and jerks don't last long in here. Knowing that people invite close real life friends, relatives and even spouses is a perfect example to show that. But, once again, if you join an adult(even without actual sex supported)/sex community you know that sex is a natural part of it and there's absolutely no shame in that. 

So, in short, my answer is No. 3DXChat is not only about sex, nevertheless it's a vital part of it. But, as I'm sure everybody here would agree (because if you are on the forums you want to be/you're a part of the community and don't see 3DXChat only as a sex tool), romantic, endearing and friendly content is very, very welcome!

Great close Hyoga <3. I concur.

I made lot's of great friends here and I care so much for everyone and our little world.

And if I may give credit where credit is due, Bran is the glue and does so much for the community. She makes it a wonderful, fun and safe retreat.

The voice of reason, and our mother nature. With a great playlist.

Thank you <3 Bran!

Andrea

Great close Hyoga <3. I concur.

I made lot's of great friends here and I care so much for everyone and our little world.

And if I may give credit where credit is due, Bran is the glue and does so much for the community. She makes it a wonderful, fun and safe retreat.

The voice of reason, and our mother nature. With a great playlist.

Thank you <3 Bran!

Andrea

I agree 100%. Bran is amazing at what she does. She and the other mods watch over us and keep us in line as well as safe. The pro-active nature and stance that Bran takes really hits home with a lot of us and I am grateful for the community we have, and Bran really does hold us together along with the other mods. Bran, Peter and Skar are amazing at what they do and are an amazing bunch of people and honestly, without them I don't know if we would have the community we do.

Andrea, you said it. Bran <3 Thank you

Thank you all from the heart. I would like to add that with out the other mods help , my job would be impossible, I have been lucky in my choices, and have 2 amazing people modding with me, they are structural honest, hardworking guys, who have in many aspects abdicated from their own game and putting in ridiculous long hours to make this server what it is. Being a Mod is not easy at all, one goes from being loved to being the most hated and back to loved repeatdly. No one likes to be reprimanded, told what to do, what to say, how to behave,,,I know I dont. But if one just takes the time to think, its those same mods that later in the same manner get some harrasser of you, or put an end to some drama, or trashing making this community what it is. Ofc we dont all agree with the rules, I know I dont, but if one looks at the bigger picture, as a whole, one needs to draw the line somewhere, who gets to define where? what is ok for me is not for you or.... so the best is to avoid the slightest confrontation, *trying* to keep everyone happy.

See the way i look at it, for example is: say one does not like to hear swearing, and when he does he wants to leave and choose another environment, than we have one who does not mind, but will he also want to leave because he does not hear swearing? I doubt it ! So choices are made and rules to iliminate the slightes problems are made. And if those rules are respected, there is no way ppl can get ofended, trashed, harrassed and what not...this builds for a strong community and a close one.The less drama one has the better.

Im proud to say, YES!!! We have an amazing community and I can say with all ease, they were chosen one by one pratically. In every 5 new comers, one is banned and never returns, one might be banned or given a ban warning, a talking to and straightens up and fits into the community, one migh not return as he/she was only here becasue they got some sort of promotion or were trying our and leave due to feeling there isn't enough content or...., the reamining 2 always stay. So, what Im saying is, our community was not and is not built rapidly, but has been built founded on all types of nationalitites, races, beleives,sexes, etc, but every single one is an extraordinary human being, with so much to give and Im not refering to sex here (hahah, which is also yummies). If we only take the time, and allow the differences, we will find we have so much in common yet so very different, so much to share with each other, we are given an unique opportunity to travel through the eyes of our friends, learn, experience new cultures etc

What an amazing diversified 3DXCCommunity is, because without it 3DXChat is nothing....

>Bran wrote:

>It becomes so difficult to answer a thread when people  go back and change their initial posts ...

Not sure what this is a reference to, but I have not changed anything in my initial post.

>So i consider this thread a total hiprocracy and even misleading ...

Nothing misleading or hypocritical at all. I expressed my personal opinion and asked others to express theirs. It's a discussion, not a judgment. I think there are a lot of us in the community who think of this as both a sex game and a community of like-minded individuals. And I think that finding a name for it that expresses both those aspects of the game would benefit us all.

Thank you all from the heart. I would like to add that with out the other mods help , my job would be impossible, I have been lucky in my choices, and have 2 amazing people modding with me, they are structural honest, hardworking guys, who have in many aspects abdicated from their own game and putting in ridiculous long hours to make this server what it is. Being a Mod is not easy at all, one goes from being loved to being the most hated and back to loved repeatdly. No one likes to be reprimanded, told what to do, what to say, how to behave,,,I know I dont. But if one just takes the time to think, its those same mods that later in the same manner get some harrasser of you, or put an end to some drama, or trashing making this community what it is. Ofc we dont all agree with the rules, I know I dont, but if one looks at the bigger picture, as a whole, one needs to draw the line somewhere, who gets to define where? what is ok for me is not for you or.... so the best is to avoid the slightest confrontation, *trying* to keep everyone happy.

See the way i look at it, for example is: say one does not like to hear swearing, and when he does he wants to leave and choose another environment, than we have one who does not mind, but will he also want to leave because he does not hear swearing? I doubt it ! So choices are made and rules to iliminate the slightes problems are made. And if those rules are respected, there is no way ppl can get ofended, trashed, harrassed and what not...this builds for a strong community and a close one.The less drama one has the better.

Im proud to say, YES!!! We have an amazing community and I can say with all ease, they were chosen one by one pratically. In every 5 new comers, one is banned and never returns, one might be banned or given a ban warning, a talking to and straightens up and fits into the community, one migh not return as he/she was only here becasue they got some sort of promotion or were trying our and leave due to feeling there isn't enough content or...., the reamining 2 always stay. So, what Im saying is, our community was not and is not built rapidly, but has been built founded on all types of nationalitites, races, beleives,sexes, etc, but every single one is an extraordinary human being, with so much to give and Im not refering to sex here (hahah, which is also yummies). If we only take the time, and allow the differences, we will find we have so much in common yet so very different, so much to share with each other, we are given an unique opportunity to travel through the eyes of our friends, learn, experience new cultures etc

What an amazing diversified 3DXCCommunity is, because without it 3DXChat is nothing....

I am out of likes. So I am liking this. <3

I was hoping you would not continue...  *sigh*

Not sure what this is a reference to, but I have not changed anything in my initial post.

Unfortunatly You did, this morning heading was a suggestion to changing 3DXChat into a community ......

I think there are a lot of us in the community who think of this as both a sex game and a community of like-minded individuals

I dont know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed Sage or what it is hun, but ^^^this is what everyone, including me has been saying, THUS no need to change anything!!!

I think that finding a name for it that expresses both those aspects of the game would benefit us all.

It has a name 3DXChat , it does not say  3dxsex,,clearly refers to a CHAT game = Social= Thats what it is.

And what confuses me the most, is being the person you say you are in RL , profession wise, you should know better than anyone else all the legal and COSTLY implications of changing a name, not to mention software, forums etc wise

I still dont see where you trying to get, and please stop saying *we*, you dont represent anyone but yoursellf, its your opions etc, because everyone  here has the freedom to express their own views and have quite comfortable stated leave 3DXChat as it is.

Ofc I would have dealt with this entire thread in a different manner and avoided a lot of this , where possible feelings might get hurt, I hope not. I sincerly hope not.

I was hoping you would not continue...  *sigh*

Unfortunatly You did, this morning heading was a suggestion to changing 3DXChat into a community ......

I think there are a lot of us in the community who think of this as both a sex game and a community of like-minded individuals

I dont know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed Sage or what it is hun, but ^^^this is what everyone, including me has been saying, THUS no need to change anything!!!

I think that finding a name for it that expresses both those aspects of the game would benefit us all.

It has a name 3DXChat , it does not say  3dxsex,,clearly refers to a CHAT game = Social= Thats what it is.

And what confuses me the most, is being the person you say you are in RL , profession wise, you should know better than anyone else all the legal and COSTLY implications of changing a name, not to mention software, forums etc wise

I still dont see where you trying to get, and please stop saying *we*, you dont represent anyone but yoursellf, its your opions etc, because everyone  here has the freedom to express their own views and have quite comfortable stated leave 3DXChat as it is.

Ofc I would have dealt with this entire thread in a different manner and avoided a lot of this , where possible feelings might get hurt, I hope not. I sincerly hope not.

Amen !! Too much generalisation and "we" for ones own opinion. I will not rehash my post at all, but definitely somebody not seeing all that there is to see... not reading what has been written ?

No, I did not, and I would appreciate it if whatever moderator or administrator who did change it would acknowledge this.

I did not change the heading. Someone else did.

As for the rest of it, I'm sorry if my intent was not well expressed. I wanted to hear other people's opinions about what I think is an interesting topic, but apparently some people feel that I was being critical or judgmental. Fine. My bad.

theres no way im reading this much...sorry....but everyone has the right to voice they opinion, have fun, and venture out how they see fit. just follow the rules...this game is still small, but still growing...cant really explore bdsm in the game because honestly, its not there to venture out in. I don't care what the game is called or not called. It doesn't affect me. Im myself. I act myself. bad enough I have to deal with the stupidity and drama that people want to create because they want to think a certain way before asking such people about whats really going on. None of you are my daddy, none of you are  my mommy...I don't need to check in with any of you and ask for your permission to do what I want or be around who I want or if I want to run around naked or just with a cowboy hat....which we desperately need a cowboy hat -cough cough- :P anywho....I just farted and it stinks...... X_X