3DXChat Community

new profiles interface

GeorgeGr

Don't get me wrong, i *love* the new interface! very useful!!

But now when we right click on a person, it automatically pops out their profile page... It can be very annoying when moving the camera around a lot (which is also being done using the right click button)... Can you remove the on right-click show profile please?

Best regards

I believe the devs already know about this and are working with MrAsh to correct it and also any other bugs.

Yes I have informed the devs minutes after the launch of the update, as I do bug finding in all updates and found a few and even found a profile breaking bug which requires a relog to fix. They are aware of this bug with the right click and it will be adjusted from one right click to double click right click. :)

So in a new patch it will be double right click to bring up instant profile on players and single click and drag will be camera control like normal. :)

Yeah I find this very game breaking. Also after the camera rotation opens a random profile I can no longer open anyone's profile through any route before sending a gift or restarting the game.

Also I find it rather sad there's no "Do Not Disturb" mode or a way to totally block the messages through friends list.

Yeah I find this very game breaking. Also after the camera rotation opens a random profile I can no longer open anyone's profile through any route before sending a gift or restarting the game.

Also I find it rather sad there's no "Do Not Disturb" mode or a way to totally block the messages through friends list.

I'll pass it on.

+1

The "do not disturb" mode is a must have! 

Wanted to say a big thank you for the quick update to fix the right click issue & the friend counter! In addition though, I think I should mention a weird side effect of the latest patch, the friend list order is now reverted. As in, the oldest friends in your list now appear last instead of first. :P

Also, I small suggestion for future updates, it would be useful to be able to put notes on our friend list. ^-^

Guest marianaclarke

The bug is still there for profiles and them going blank even without the free cam.  Find a few good beta testers with different versions of Windows and Mac to help get things sorted before making the update.  You'll save the headache of user complaints.

Use chat settings to set Visual and Sound notifications off.

Hi Gizmo!

That way we will not be able to chat with anyone...

A very nice and useful suggestion would be: Add a DND button somewhere... but this button should ONLY disable the pm button from the friend list...

If someone finds us and opens the menu from our character, then the pm button should work.

Kind regards

Very nice update to the profiles and I love the addition of the PM from FL :wub:

I do believe there should be a DND toggle with a auto response to incoming PMs when it is on.

Something like..."Sorry, I am busy atm please try again later" or something you know?

Or simply a status on your profile with four states - Online / Away / Do not disturb / Offline ^-^

Could do with Do not disturb state automatically disabling the sound notifications too, sort of similar to the Busy status of Skype :D

Just some food for thought.. :rolleyes:

Or simply a status on your profile with four states - Online / Away / Do not disturb / Offline ^-^

Could do with Do not disturb state automatically disabling the sound notifications too, sort of similar to the Busy status of Skype :D

Just some food for thought.. :rolleyes:

You presume people read profiles. Come on Necra....When does that happen? ;)

Guest RobT

We already have a DND, its called not replying to messages. Its not like when we still had those mass invites popping up . If you dont want to be bothered, dont answer them till your ready. 

You presume people read profiles. Come on Necra....When does that happen? ;)

Well, with the new friend list setup you do open someone's profile to PM him. All they will have to do is make the status states colored and you have a winner :P

Or they could just have the status states appear directly on the friend list before or after someone's name - ⚫: Available, ⚫: Away, ⚫: Busy.

We already have a DND, its called not replying to messages. Its not like when we still had those mass invites popping up . If you dont want to be bothered, dont answer them till your ready.

I understand what you're saying but, some people could see that as being (extremely) rude. I for one don't like to make my friends feel ignored and have them pondering why I'm not answering.

Specially when they can solve it with something simple like this.

Guest marianaclarke

Losing the view of profiles, clicking on a gift does it as well.
Our Friends List used to be in order why when accepted first to last, now it last to first.  Is it possible to get it in alphabetical order instead?

Losing the view of profiles, clicking on a gift does it as well.

Our Friends List used to be in order why when accepted first to last, now it last to first.  Is it possible to get it in alphabetical order instead?

MrAsh has opened a new thread here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1871-3dxchat-patch-notes-and-development/

In the latest patch's notes, it is noted that "Friends List sorting changed - new added friends will appear on the top now"

about the losing the ability to open profile pages, yes i'm afraid it's a known new bug... I hope they will fix it soon.

Guest marianaclarke

MrAsh has opened a new thread here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1871-3dxchat-patch-notes-and-development/

In the latest patch's notes, it is noted that "Friends List sorting changed - new added friends will appear on the top now"

about the losing the ability to open profile pages, yes i'm afraid it's a known new bug... I hope they will fix it soon.

I'm not sure about others, but I'd rather see in alphabetical order instead of newest up top as it's been oldest up top for the longest time.

I know George as I've been talking to Ash with regards to the issue.  The issue is still ongoing so people will know it's being addressed.

Another suggestion I can think of would be to implement more HTML features in the "About Me" section of our profiles.

To be more specific, it would be great if we could use the HTML code for text manipulation/alignment.

On the case of text alignment, it would save so many characters now wasted on spaces/tabs and allow us to include more information/content.

eg. <center> text </center>
              or
    <p align="left|right|center|justify"> text </p>

As for text manipulation, the ability to input links could be useful, for easier access to forum profiles through reading in-game profiles etc.

It will also surely help the growth of the forum community since I'm sure there are a lot of people that play the game but are not using the forums.

eg. <a href="url">link text</a>

Or perhaps simply being able to use different fonts.

eg. <font face="font_name" color="color_name|rgb(x,x,x)|#xxxxxx" size="number"> Text </font>

Something came to my attention and is probably in dire need of a fix. It is possible to access the profile of someone that has blocked you through a third person's gifts.

Example given, to make sure what I'm describing is made clear:

>Imagine 3 people, Alex, Betty and Bob.

>Alex has Bob blocked.

>Betty has gifts from Alex.

>Bob can access Alex's profile via reading Betty's gifts and clicking on Alex's profile shortcut in there.

It's clearly not intended, I hope, and probably not realized up until now else it would be fixed already. ^^

EDIT: Ignore my silliness, apparently it's already being worked on. Reading is hard -facedesk-