3DXChat Community

Problem since last update

Funkaptimus

Anyone else have a problem since the last patch was added, cause ever sicne then I can't even log into 3dx, if I open the application all I get is a black screen as if it's waiting for the server to load, but regardless of how long long I keep the window open for (longest was approx. 18 hours) it was still flat black

Check all your drivers are up to date and update as necessary.

If that doesn't resolve it then sadly you will have to uninstall 3DX.

1. Make a copy of your screenshots in a new location.

2. Uninstall 3DX

3. Delete all local files and folders (not all go away from the uninstall process)

4. restart your computer

5. Download 3dx

6. install 3dx

7. start with graphics settings at lowest at first login

8. works? Great! Gradually increase the graphics settings until 3DX stops working.

Now you know what will trigger it to stop working and can run the highest you can handle without the dark room of doom.

Guest meiji

More lagg, often experience lost of connection. Logging in took me minutesss. Just for the sake that i already bought 6mos so i just need to use it so my payment will be useful but the experience i had was really frustrating. Im sure i will still play until my expiration date ends and that I wont renew af.

Meiji, a few things I would suggest you to try:

Swap between direct server connection and EU proxy.

And while this wouldn't explain why it takes so long for you to log back in, you could try to navigate to

C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat\3DXChat_Data\Plugins and rename radio.dll

(You won't be able to hear radio in game but that plugin increases 3DXChat bandwidth usage by like 1000%)

Also if you are up to trying to fix it, you could try and follow Skar's guide to give us a log of your tracert to 3DXChat.com

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1172-connection-lost/?p=45237

• 2 months later...

I'm having trouble updating.  It gets to 70 or 80 percent then I get an error message, and have to start over.  Anyone else with this problem?

Never mind.  Turned off VPN and got it through.

Edited by Ariamma

Difficult to know where to put things now but given the title of this thread...

It may not be a problem but, suddenly, someone has stolen my nice wood floor and all you can see are bricks :(

I guess I have to get the decorators in again ;)

Edited to add...damn they took my ceiling too. The price of wood must have gone up.

...and you can't (I couldn't) add any form of lighting (including cubes) until I deleted one existing light.

Difficult to know where to put things now but given the title of this thread...

It may not be a problem but, suddenly, someone has stolen my nice wood floor and all you can see are bricks :(

I guess I have to get the decorators in again ;)

Yeah the floor defaults to the brick one since this new update for some reason, just reapply your materials it will be fine. :)