Photo

Global Climate Change Real or Not?

Climate Change opinion eclipse

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Global Climate Change Real or Not? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Global Climate Change Real or Not?

1. Not Real: Chill we don't need to change a thing (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. Real - But not worried cause it won't affect me, sorry (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

3. Real - I'm Worried, but there's nothing I can do about it, sooo (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Voted Real - I'm Worried, gonna become more knowledgeable and make changes in my life (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. Voted Real - Hauling Ass...moving to higher ground away from shore lines (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. Slow Down People - Need more proof one way or another (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

7. None of the above (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Baishun

Baishun

Giggling Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Well it is questionable is it real in the terms most of population think it is. It all depends on what scale you are looking at if you take 100 years back then yes climate is getting hotter and hotter, but take a bigger scale say before humans even exsited and the temperatures our scientist predict were then then it is actualy cooling off with this little small bump of hightened temperature. I would be more worried what comes after the increase in temperature as most of the time in earths history it was a small ice age. But then again, nature will have it's way, we people should stop and contempalte how insignificant we are to the nature (yes you can make arguments about how we destroy forests and such, but nature destroys us, Aid s, cancer, natural disasters.) we do not really matter to anything more then ourselfs and what ever comes of this global warming or ice age after that the nature will keep on rolling changing climate might destroy some species but others will thrive in that environment. 99% of all species that existed on earth are extinct now and we will join them sooner or later. In the end if we want to survive longer we should propobly consider what is best for human species, but in the grand cosmic timeline we do not matter at all :)

But it isn't really all that questionable.

Yes, the Earth heats and cools cyclically over eons, but human beings have greatly accelerated that process in the past couple hundred years. Left unchecked, we'll force the planet into a period of 'extreme' weather that falls well outside its normal cycles.

And this can and most likely will have some pretty dire consequences. Small changes in temperatures in certain areas shift tidal patterns and gulfstream conditions, which could completely redraw the map for us in terms of what parts of the livable land mass of the Earth are arid, temperate, etc, affecting crop patterns, storm systems and severity, and the like.

The universe might not give a shit, but as people living on this planet (and not likely to colonize any new ones before the brunt of the change is upon us), we damn sure should, and should be taking steps to reduce the negative effects while we still have time to make changes that will have a significant impact.

• chaostika and Epi like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Climate Change, opinion, eclipse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users