3DXChat Community

Global Climate Change Real or Not?

Guest Eclipse

Global Climate Change Real or Not?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Global Climate Change Real or Not?

• Not Real: Chill we don't need to change a thing
    • Real - But not worried cause it won't affect me, sorry
    • Real - I'm Worried, but there's nothing I can do about it, sooo
    • Real - I'm Worried, gonna become more knowledgeable and make changes in my life
    • Real - Hauling Ass...moving to higher ground away from shore lines
    • Slow Down People - Need more proof one way or another
    • None of the above

Guest Eclipse

Global Climate Change (Real or Not)...
with all the discussions lately in the news regarding global climate change:

- rising temperatures
  - rising sea levels
  - increased wildfires
  - more droughts for longer periods
  - intensified storms
  - etc.

I was wondering what people's opinions were here, especially because we have people from all over the world here in our little community.

Climate+summit+Joel+Pett.jpg

PS: My opinion is that I believe this is scarey real and changes at a "Global Level" need to start happening sooner rather than later. Even though we may already be too late to reverse some of the damage currently here and prevent some of the damage heading our way...

It is real...there's huge amounts of solid science to support it...go and read some of the studies and papers about it please...but yes climate change isn't a new thing...and it won't destroy the planet.

However...the pace of it is unprecedented and will change the world we live in. It's already irreversible in the timescales that we typically only care about...e.g our own lifespans. The biggest impact on our species will be the effect on economies and populations and the poor will bear the brunt of it as always...so that's ok right? Except it will affect us all sooner or later regardless of relative affluence.

The planet will go on turning...and our species will survive it...it's just a question of what sort of world we want to leave our children's children etc... Unfortunately short term gain is all our society increasingly seems to care about.

...if you voted "not real" please go and get some education.

(I know it's not like me to be so intolerant of other opinions and rant on but this is science and that's my baby lol)

You know shit just got real, when we start debating global warming in a forum for a sex game.

tumblr_mbu275e8pL1qmjme9o1_500.gif

Yes . Real . And nothing will save us from ourselves .

yap exharan...maybe...and sometimes thinks like that and how sutter cain wrote in the movie 'in the mouth of madness':  "the sooner were gone form this planet, the better... (and usually i say following after that: ...for mother earth and the animals) or as the moon sees the his sister planet earth getting sicker and sicker and then one day asks her: "hey sis earth, whats up? u aint looking good these days" and sis earth answers: "yeah, well i got something or somekind of illness called homo sapiens or so" and the moon answers back: "ah, homo sapiens, np sis, that will go over...sooner or later"

the-moon-is-sick.jpg

ps:

and watch out pps, chathy is observing all

8nglsgg5tv72.jpg

that use their brain also for "other things" that are not sex related in "this forum"

sb6ix15dn6m.jpg

Yes . Real . And nothing will save us from ourselves .

I completely agree with this statement.

Honestly.. not just about global warming.

People joke, people kid, but honestly the world is a nasty, dirty, indiscriminate place when it comes to 'modern' living and I for one and just happy to enjoy what I can while I can.

11081424_806929906064374_628847995266885

In 2012 the American Meteorological Society (AMS) surveyed its 7,000 members, receiving 1,862 responses. Of those, only 52 per cent said they think global warming over the 20th century has happened and is mostly manmade (the IPCC position). The remaining 48 per cent either think it happened but natural causes explain at least half of it, or it didn’t happen, or they don’t know. Furthermore, 53 per cent agree that there is conflict among AMS members on the question.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/climate-change-consensus-among-the-misinformed-is-not-worth-much

Ignoring the opinion pieces you list let's look at that AMS survey in some depth shall we?

http://www.climatechangecommunication.org/images/files/AMS_CICCC_Survey_Preliminary_Findings-Final.pdf

Quoting directly from the preliminary findings:

A very large majority of respondents (89%) indicated that global warming is happening; in contrast few indicated it isn’t happening (4%), or that they “don’t know” (7%). Respondents who indicated that global warming is happening were asked their views about its primary causes; a large majority indicted that human activity (59%), or human activity and natural causes in more or less equal amounts (11%), were the primary causes. Relatively few respondents indicated that the warning is caused primarily by natural causes (6%), although a substantial minority (23%) indicated they don’t believe enough is yet know to determine the degree of human or natural causation.