3DXChat Community

How can I take a Screenshot?

spinpat

What the shortcut on the keyboard for taking a screenshot, and in what folder doest it go? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS NOT PRINTSCREEN.

Thank you for awnsering

Edited by Achilles
Topic renamed! Is easier to find for Members with the same question

The way I know it is like what Google search tells me too:

To take a screen capture of the entire screen
  1. Press PrtScn.
  2. Open Paint by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
  3. In Paint, on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste.
  4. Save the image in any folder you wish.

I added item 4.

What the shortcut on the keyboard for taking a screenshot, and in what folder doest it go? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS NOT PRINTSCREEN.

Thank you for awnsering

The client normally doesnt have a screenshot folder so you need to play the game as administrator and it creates a folder in your game directory automaticaly  :)

It is my understanding that when you printscreen a screenshot, you can do only one at a time, you cannot multi- printscreen because you erase the last one you took before. So you need to save it in paint or photoshop, what ever sorftware you are using. It is a long process because you need to move out and in of the game each time you do one single printscreen to save it.

It is my understanding that when you printscreen a screenshot, you can do only one at a time, you cannot multi- printscreen because you erase the last one you took before. So you need to save it in paint or photoshop, what ever sorftware you are using. It is a long process because you need to move out and in of the game each time you do one single printscreen to save it.

This in my Screenshot is the Dropbox Screenshot functions and it works always if you press print, not matter how often or how fast you the print key press :)

Screenshot_Dropbox.jpg

Guest RobT

i personally love Lightshot for my screenies. saves on having to upload the pics if you use the game one. But Sony is correct about running as admin. took me a while to figure out why my computer wouldnt make the folder till i saw a post by skar saying to do that  (i think it was Skar)

Why do we have to tell you IT IS NOT PRINTSCREEN, when it is?

Of course, there are a million different ways, using third party or built-in Windows software, but the process of using PrtSc, in relation to 3DXChat, has already been well documented on here.

First, you have to run 3DXChat as administrator. Right click on the game icon and select "Run as administrator" from the menu.

Second, hit PrtSc whenever you want to take a shot. All images will be saved to a folder called Screenshots, within the 3DXChat folder (you may want to use Shift-Z, prior to doing that, to clear the HUD).

It's as simple as that. 

Why do we have to tell you IT IS NOT PRINTSCREEN, when it is?

It was a figure of speech, because usually printscreen is a bad way to take multiple screenshot rapidly. But i will try the option you gave me tonight

I am not an expert but...

You are creating a window dump in png format that is the size of the 3DXChat window based on what you specified in the game options.

Using 3rd party software, you can create a higher resolution by interpolation or compression but, with the former, the quality isn't necessarily any better and, with the latter, the result is a smaller image, obviously.

so i tried the command to remove the interface from the picture but I must have done it wrong. Anyway I still posted it but it would be more fun to not have to cover up the other person's name. Will the command to remove the interface controls also hide the names in the group?

Edited by Shanti
Topic moved here from Arts&Images and merged with this topic