3DXChat Community

Show us your Desktop

chaostika

• 2 months later...

New PC. New desktop :)

I think No Mans Sky was a bit disappointing, but this wallpaper is just wonderful. As before, very minimalist, and I like to make the Start bar the small icons.

I posted from a Mac last time. This time Windows. You never know, I may have Ubuntu or some other Linux distro next! :P

cvRNLRM.jpg

And my lock screen :D

M87KJbw.jpg

New PC. New desktop :)

I think No Mans Sky was a bit disappointing, but this wallpaper is just wonderful. As before, very minimalist, and I like to make the Start bar the small icons.

I posted from a Mac last time. This time Windows. You never know, I may have Ubuntu or some other Linux distro next! :P

cvRNLRM.jpg

And my lock screen :D

M87KJbw.jpg

Stunning looking game that.... :)

My tablet that I take everywhere is just a picture of my shiny new work tools with a filter.

tumblr_ol454yODdr1w2tiwbo1_1280.png

I am not sure to like this or be terrified of the pleasure you seem to take in working with a funeral director!  ^_^

And why should us embalmers be the only ones not allowed to take pride and joy in our equipment and work?!?  :P  

I love what I do, I spent half my time dressed up like a Victorian with veiled top hat and cane, the other half in black latex gloves and gas mask playing with shiny sharp metal pointy things like some fanfic madmax villain. If it wasn't for the constant inconsolable grief, stench of tissue gas and occasional cot deaths, it'd be the perfect dream job. Plus... sometimes.... there's horses  :lol:!

TBH the dead are great. We have an understanding; I treat them with respect, and they don't give me any grief or bother. It's the live ones I can often do without... (And flipantcy is a great form of defence to keep the immesurable existential chasm of meaninglessness from devouring you whole.)

I change mine fairly regularly, invariably using images that I have captured from 3dxchat. This is one I entered in an earlier forum photo competition with just the apple shortcut added (well, it's a shortcut to nothing and I have used regedit to remove the standard shortcut arrow, I hate them. I don't like the bounding box showing either but don't know how to get rid of that. Well, it is pretty faint, I can live with it).

desktop.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Mulan

I used that same NMS artwork at one point, Saya.

Here's my current Windows desktop.. It's actually two screens though, but here's the main one..

Ti0GJi3.png

And here's my Chromebook..

HdkNCcM.png

I prefer my taskbars on the side since vertical real estate is more expensive. Lol.

I have the dock appear on the left on my Mac. I will do the same on Windows with the taskbar. Thanks for the life hack!

I also notice you are a Sublime Text user. I have actually started using Visual Studio Code on Mac, Windows, and Linux (the code editor not the full IDE), although Visual Studio is a nice IDE as is C# as a programming language. It has everything Sublime Text has, looks great as default, and it has full debugging support for Node JS. I am not usually a fan of Microsoft stuff, but their development tools are really quite good and Windows 10 isn't bad either despite the poor support for high DPI monitors.

Anyway... I am going way off topic and will geek out with Sentra in private :P

• 4 weeks later...

allright so here's mine from my work laptop ... 

Finally and a nice one Bro!

curious if someone can determine the OS I'm running :D

Guess win7 or 10 moded with stardocks and more^^

ps: My "setup" is 2 x 19" left and right and 27" in da middle  :ph34r:

Finally and a nice one Bro!

Guess win7 or 10 moded with stardocks and more^^

ps: My "setup" is 2 x 19" left and right and 27" in da middle  :ph34r:

hehe thx, but naaaah ... no windows on my laptop!!

But almost impossible to see the hint, this is Salix, a niche OS for crazy techies like myself ...

ps: can't compete with your setup ... so your's is obviously bigger than mine   :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...