3DXChat Community

Can You Fall in Love with Someone You've Never Met?

Bran

This was not meant to be a debate either, it is people sharing their thoughts and feelings on a subject. You do not have to agree with them, everyone views this differently.

I know it is possible for me as it has happened. Is it possible for someone else, I can't say.

But as Mikey said, ANYTHING is possible and with technologies now a days, you can be thousands of miles apart and yet feel so close.

It is very true that people of all walks of life experience and explore situations differently. However, the common base to the outcomes of these situations is often less changing than the varied views interjected upon it. So after a while there is nothing to agree or disagree with, truth is undeniable no matter how it is said or worded. The harder part I would say here is discerning between this factual base to the observable being more subjective. This reply is and was intended to simply expand on your thought, not compete or debate with it. Just felt to expand on it in a depth that I felt it deserved.

As a simple connective I will only mention I wrote 2 earlier replies when this thread first came about. Which I think defines a good view : It is possible anything is, but always protect your heart. Think a great many people online forget to do the latter part. And end up greatly and severely affected by a negative reality. Doesn't mean be cold or a machine but always take things slow.

I have heard/seen typed more times than I care count that 'internet relationships are sped up compared to real life dating'. Not sure really of that as real life dating at the end doesn't always produce the result of you wanting to kick the guys balls into his throat. Though that I will quantify as subjective to myself and not entirely base. I will say in stead, this was largely more reflective of the old crowd of 3DX. There's many new people so who knows, its all a new journey.

- SweetHeather / JulieDark

I am late to this topic, but yes, absolutely you can fall in love with another person you have never met while hiding behind the veils of secrecy and anonymity here on the internet. We can spend hours and hours talking to the same people day after day. A bit here, a bit there of our true selves leaks out as we do. We fall in love with the companionship,with the presence that is there for us and wants to spend time with us, we fall in love with being wanted, cherished and accepted. That feeling has a very real person attached to it. Not one of us here can look in the mirror and say with a straight face that they have never been excited to see a certain screen name log in, or felt devastated when an online friend stopped showing up. 

I was talking about this with a friend online the other night, if you truly don't think you can fall in love online, delete all of your online accounts. All the friends, characters, and reputations you have built using those accounts. I couldn't do that, and I doubt many of you could either. Face it, these secret lives we live have meaning to us and have meaning to the people we fall in love with, all be it on some weirdly disconnected level.