3DXChat Community

crash when I click on "Location"

hey so forgive me if this topic exists somewhere else, as i have no time to dig through everything XD a friend of mine was wondering why everytime she clicks on "Location" her client crashes. 

Any thoughts/fixes?

or perhaps a link to the forum post/reply that would give me a definitive answer? :o

Odd. Would be good to know if this only recently started happening or is she completely new here?

completely new... spent the $20 and everything, and ik she can run a game that im sure needs a better computer for then 3Dx so i dont think its her laptop specs... id have to ask her for those

nvm... didnt work... it keeps crashing when she clicks on "Location" she can edit her look, move around her room, but then it crashes when she tries to leave it... if it helps at all she can run a different game that MUST need better graphics to run... so i doubt its her specs... can anyone help? :/

Did she figure out the problem Tifa, it sounds like it could of been an internet issue? As I had a similar issue where I try to go to the General Locations on the EU Proxy but my game just instantly crashes on me and Dc's me but works fine on US Direct, it is most odd indeed.

Regards

Ash

Basically since clicking the Locations button makes her crash, it kind of suggests that there's a problem with java or similar.. Though, if it worked for a while for no reason, then it's a mystery.. Could be her internet acting up.

http://3dxchat.com/support/#start

Under I have a problem with starting the game

I would try the step #4 First :)

ok... my friend still cant run the game... she sent a video of what's going on, and ive never seen such a bizarre thing happen with a computer before. the monitor sounds like its short circuiting, makes a ZAP noise kind of, then it says "Display Driver Stopped Responding..." 

I would start by underclocking GPU by like 5% Believe or not this has solved similar problems in the past even in 3DXChat :)

This can easily be done with MSI Afterburner (for Nvidia) or Catalyst Control Center (AMD).

If that doesn't do it, Id try sweeping old display drivers in safe mode and getting latest graphics drivers.

And finally, if it's still broken I'd try to reinstall DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113/

Rochi has covered everything but to me it sounds like the GPU is over heating, definetly sounds like a graphics issue.  Can't really help much more than guess we need the computer specs to be of more help