3DXChat Community

In-Game Profile Verification

klaudio

Hi all,

Im pretty sure everyone can relate, wanting to feel sure if he is really a he, or she is really a she. You get my drift.

The stories I've heard about men saying nasty stuff to/about (real) women who just want to have fun in game is beyond me. Sometimes bad assumptions are made and I understand that. Im sure i can write pages about this topic. But...

Heres an idea and I want your feedback (and support if you like).

I think it would be a great if we had a button in game called "verify" with a link allowing us to send the devs a photo of ourselves holding a sign (e.g. 3dxchat Klaudio) showing full body or to shoulders (whatever). After completing the process and all goes well, then that characters floating name shows up in yellow. This verification should stay limited to 1 of the characters, allowing a person to have fun with alts as they please. In my opinion, this is a simple way to feel comfortable with the person you are getting to know. Obviously there are privacy issues but no one is obliged to do it unless they want to. It will also spark interest from newbies who join the game.

And devs, I have always appreciated the time and effort that you put into the game. So that your time is not wasted with verification process I think you could add a cost of 500 XGold to this process. I wouldn't have a problem paying that.

Love to hear back from Y'all

Klaudio

Guest RobT

he is suggesting a person has to verify if they are a man or woman . for example you would have to verify by pic that you are a woman. Not going to fly here. i can already see the trolling now....

Guest Skar

It wouldn't work at all. It can be a picture from anyone that could be sent... friends, cousin, ex-gf... photoshopped... etc .etc .etc :)

The only way to actually prove anything is with a photo ID. Driving licence or passport, etc. I used to be in a game that you needed to take a picture of your face with a photo ID to be able to get VIP gift s a free account. They took seriously that all there player should be 18+. 

I am not even talking about the logistic issue since last time I checked... change of color in name or player status needed a game patch. It might have change since then but oh well... 

It would also hurt a community that is already very suspicious. 

I can really only find negative effects to that kind of mesure personally. 

Sure, a lot of guys play as a girl. It a known fact in the game. But I don't think what the OP is proposing is a solution any how...

I think I will also dodge this topic all together. 

Play what you like as long as you don't mind fuck anyone. This is pretty much my modo now. 

how long have you been on 3DX?

Around 1 year

Not everyone wants to show their pic to strangers. If you meet someone and would like to know more about them or know what they look like. Just ask them and if feel comfortable with you I'm sure they'll be happy to show you.

I didn't say to strangers Rooney, I have done what you mentioned above in the past, a few times. Read the topic again.

Never said anyone was obligated to show anyone anything. Only if they wanted to. Only time I feel it would be appropriate if you got into a long term relationship with someone here.

Screw that. My private life is just that. Private. This is a stupid idea.

Uggh, read the post again Poledra. I like my private life too. No one has any right to see my pics either.

Guest Skar

haha, it seen that I just can't shut up... 

But the main issue is that it would make people that dosesn't verified... even more target to suspicion. 

On the long run, I think it would poison the community. 

There also the issue of securing that extra personal information you send the dev. 

Right now, all the credit card information is handle per BMT and technically, I think 3dxchat is only taking care of the Forum and the game character. Pretty much they must have a way to link 3dxchat account to BMT, but there very few sensitve information that is handle by 3dxchat itself. I am not sure I would leave to 3dxchat the role to secure personally pictures and possible names... and what ever else. 

You can call that a clear lack of faith. 

The game ressource are kinda of limited also, so I don't see this as a good strategic move. 

I can't really support this idea for the reasons I just give. 

Guest RobT

well, you are in fact showing to devs so that sort of is doing just that. i had to do this in a facebook game to get verified so i have done it but its a pain

Guest Skar

As long as it doesnt share to all my families and friends on facebook all my naughty moment. -.- 

I had such hate for those game on facebook that ask you to share stuff with your friendlist. It not as bad as it used to be, never liked it. 

Guest RobT

it wasnt anything like this. very normal game. they wanted people to verify so they could make sure one person per account

Guest Skar

it wasnt anything like this. very normal game. they wanted people to verify so they could make sure one person per account

I expect it was a normal game, but I imagine the same strategy with 3dx. ^^ Not a big fan

haha, it seen that I just can't shut up... 

But the main issue is that it would make people that dosesn't verified... even more target to suspicion. 

On the long run, I think it would poison the community. 

There also the issue of securing that extra personal information you send the dev. 

Right now, all the credit card information is handle per BMT and technically, I think 3dxchat is only taking care of the Forum and the game character. Pretty much they must have a way to link 3dxchat account to BMT, but there very few sensitve information that is handle by 3dxchat itself. I am not sure I would leave to 3dxchat the role to secure personally pictures and possible names... and what ever else. 

You can call that a clear lack of faith. 

The game ressource are kinda of limited also, so I don't see this as a good strategic move. 

I can't really support this idea for the reasons I just give. 

Thanks Skar for positive feedback, you make total sense. As I said it was just an idea and wanted feedback. Last thing I was planning to do was bring up and old topic again, or complain. I love 3dx regardless B)