3DXChat Community

Radio disconnects

LanaLove

I'm talking only about the limitations of the game. 96 kilobits per second. This recommendation is posted in the forum guidelines.

I think that the audio stream over 96 kilobits per second heavily load the game server. 96 kbit / s is optimal.

There is no stream limit in Game because the bass.dll streams the music from the stream server to your PC and not the game Server!

The Game Server gives only the command to the bass.dll for connect with a sever...

But how it exact works know only our devs :)

I think it works so, for example you host a party and set a link in your Radio so sends the Server the command for connect with a stream server to all ppl in your Room the bass.dll of the PC of this ppl use then this command and connect, but it's also for me a Interesting question how it exact works :D

Sure is a stream with 96kbit/s a good choices for players where the music Quality not so Important is but for my personal taste is 128kbit/s the minimum :)

Also transcode the bass.dll the music not down to 96kbit/s... It's only a question of your own Internet Resources and are the ppl in your room ready for Download a live stream in 320kbit/s :)

I think you're right. bass.dll contains decoder for the stream audio. The music player built into the game.

Audio streamed (in my case) directly from my Centova Cast server

As for the bit rate ... it is clear that the 128 kbit / s qualitative than 96 kbit / s ... and so on, but I have not experimented (in the game) with a bit rate of more than 96 kbit / s.
If you experimented , share the results, please.

I Experiment a lot time :)

for example

But it's easy to reproduce, stream one time to your home with 320Kbit/s and short time later the same song with 96kbit/s

Ony if you listen with a middle good Headphone you will listen the differences!

With 320kbit/s is it much louder and clearer... Also you can test it with many net meters how hight the stream comes in!

But it is really a question of the hardware, Laptop speakers sounds ofc not so good as a 5.1 Soundsystem or a Onboard Sound chip is also not so good as a Soundcard like Asus Xonar or similar :)

All should ask herself how important is for him the music Quality in game, for myself is it very important that my music awesome sounds!

And I'll spin never as a DJ to a 96kbit/s server with 96Kbit/s sounds the live transitions always not so good as for example with 192kbit/s or higher! All can this self test and I swear 90% agree with me!

Hmmm, I thought that there a problem with variable bitrate and your ping is as reason for your DC's but looks not so...

There are a lot other ideas for fix your problem but I don't understand why your Router reconnect to your Internet provider :blink::huh:

All other Ideas are about codecs and Software but this explained not the reconnect of your Internet Provider...

Maybe you should ask the support of your internet provider for the reason why your Router reconnect when you a Internet Radio stream listen!?

Perhaps it is worthwhile to mention, this only occurs when I listen to streamed music through 3DX. No other game with streaming music does this happen. Also, there is no crash file being created at all.

But you are the first with the problem, I've never heard before of it...
Also seem so that you only the problem with SkyFM have and not with a Shoutcast stream.

Maybe is it a problem with your connection to SkyFM but I do it not really know now!
Sorry :(

But you are the first with the problem, I've never heard before of it...

Also seem so that you only the problem with SkyFM have and not with a Shoutcast stream.

Maybe is it a problem with your connection to SkyFM but I do it not really know now!

Sorry :(

If it is skyfm then I should have the same problem listening to it directly yes? Is there a test that can be done to see that stability of that connection route? If it is stable outside 3DX then would it still be my connection?

If it is skyfm then I should have the same problem listening to it directly yes? Is there a test that can be done to see that stability of that connection route? If it is stable outside 3DX then would it still be my connection?

Theoretic yes :)

Test it with this link! http://pub1.radiotunes.com/radiotunes_hardrock

Edit: if it works, please test the same link in your home, I want go sure that we test it with one of the problem links :)

Edited by Achilles

From the connection you should be fine... I dont even have half of this.

The Ping is the interesting question, an too high ping is poison for all Multiplayer games and also a reason for many DC's!

The Ping is the communications time in ms, it shows for example your position and moves in game :)

With her up and Down bandwidth is a Ping between 20 - 30 normally, 105 is a bit too high but should not be the problem!

I am listening now and I will continue to do so for today until this evening. Inside and outside 3DX. I will also do speed tests and post any results. Thank you so very much Achilles, you have been awesome helpful.

I hope really we find the reason :)

After the Update of the bass.dll how many times you had the DC's again? And can you remember the Names of the problem channels?

But it's really cool that we know that you not have the problem with shoutcast Servers :lol:

So you can always listen our DJ streams and also I can send you a link list of Shoutcast Radio servers for listening in game :)

listening outside 3DX, no problem. Listening directly with inside 3dx I last longer but eventually I get disconnected. Listening from the radio inside...disconnected between 5 -30 minutes later. I am only having trouble it seems with 3DX & this variable bitrate radio it seems.

Ok sorry if I bore you with all the tests :D

How is it with this two links?

http://stream.radioreklama.bg/radio1rock.ogg

http://dir.xiph.org/listen/673053/listen

The first is a Icecast with ogg Format and the second a Icecast with mp3 (128kbit/s) Format

Also I can send you a acc format stream :)

You are not boring me at all Achilles, Thank you so much for continuing the hunt with me. I will test them both in turn and respond accordingly. Thank you again..

Ok, the ping isn't normal. it's too high.

What layer 7 firewall do you use ( or personal firewall but i don't like this wording :) )?

It can be happen, that some packets will be dropped or blocked.

It's very curious yor problem.

But ask your provider for the bad ping. Over 60ms is too high. And if i see it right, what means wireless in your connection? Over wlan?

Regards

Ping is high but not too high :) I listen sometimes Music in Game with a other kind of ping^^

A ping over 200 is not rare with a Mobile Internet connections like Edge or HSDPA and it works :)

It's only not so cool for the positions sync with other players...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lana,

Taking into consideration the fact that your router resets the connection, It means that 3dx is unintentionally sending something to your router, your router crashes, and then it resets.

The only thing that I can think of that a program can do to communicate with the router directly, is the uPnP feature that most fairly new routers have. Try disabling uPnP in your router and test your problem again. I hope this helps!

Regards.

PS: Also, look for a firmware update in your router.. It might be a known issue and it is now fixed with a new firmware.