3DXChat Community

The Movie Thread

hy0ga

We all enjoy sharing and listening to each other musics around here. :P So, I thought: "what about movies? We need a thread for this!!".

So ... let us share our favorite movies, give/ask for tips or just discuss about anything related to the Big Screen.

For starters: I totally dig Asian movies! Specially Hong Kong's. Anyway, everybody knows the Oscar winner and Scorsese's master piece The Departed. People also may remember that this movie won the "Best Adapted Screenplay". But what you may not know is the "original" one, the Screenplay Scorsese based his movie; Infernal Affairs. 

I love Scorsese, I really do, but he actually stole the entire movie! If you switch Boston and the Irish Mob with Hong Kong and the Triads, kaboom! You have the same thing. Even the jokes are actually the same. 

I highly recommend Infernal Affairs. It's a brilliant production and flawless in almost every aspect.

I feel like I'm taking this off the rails a little early, but here's a tribute to the greatest actor of all time.  If you see any of these movies, see Evil Dead 2.  I believe the year it came out it won 8 Oscars.  My figures may be wrong on that one...

Nice thread by the way, Hyoga.  Infernal Affairs is definitely a solid flick.

This movie is so bittersweet. Made me cry. And Johnny Depp is absolutely gorgeous in it >.>

The man can use eyeliner, weird hats, wigs, costumes and he always ends up looking damn good. Curse you Johnny Depp!  :angry:

Guest Passion

For me its a toss up, I jus cant pick one or the other... Must have seen both 100's of times. Forrest Gump is jus a amazing movie an I cry every time. There is something about Mary... well what more needs to be said, you can laugh an cry at the same time... and Cameron Diaz... like OMG!!! She's so yummy!!! 

Extreme.. you rock !  I was just about to post The Shawshank Redemption...  I saw it in theater on opening day.. i remember that day like it was yesterday.. came out of the movie theater and i was speechless for about a full hour...