3DXChat Community

Food Food ^-^

SweetHeather

Risotto ai Funghi

I know it's not very "christmassy" but it's kinda of a family tradition. Anyway, it's good! I promise ;p

2f23c02e49e57be6af21f4a7c274dde3.jpg

What you gonna need;

- 2 Cupfuls of arborio rice ( that goes for 2~3 persons)
 - Salted butter, usually 3~4 big spoons
 - 1 small spoon of nutmeg (this is optional)
 - 30g of dried porcini shrooms
 - a big cupful of a nice very dry withe wine
 - one small white onion
 - at least 100g of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

How to cook it;

1 - First let your dried shrooms soak in the water for half an hour (300ml is enough) and slice the onion in tiny, tiny pieces
2 - You need to leave water boiling. You're probably not gonna use a lot, but it's important
3 - After you have everything ready, melt 2 spoons of butter in a medium sized pan. As soon as you can see little bubbles coming up add the sliced onions.
4 - Now it's very important; DON'T LET THE ONION BURN. You want it to fry just a little and let the onion get a nice tan (almost golden). Now you can add the spoon of nutmeg.
5 - After that it's time to add the rice. Swirl it around a little (1 minute more or less) but don't let it burn.
6 - Now splash the wine into the pan. There's gonna be a lot of steam, don't worry. Leave it be for no more then 30 seconds. It's more then enough to let the alcohol evaporate.
7 - From here on now it's very important that you never stop stirring. You don't need to do it fast. With that in mind it's time to add the shrooms with the water that it was soaking.
8 - Now all you gonna do it's stir and pour that boiling water reserved on step 2 every time you feel the need to. Don't soak the rice into water but don't let it too dry. Do this for 35~40 minutes (you're probably gonna add water 4 or 5 times). 
9 - When you feel the rice is cooked and there's almost no water left it's time to turn the fire off. The secret is to let the rice al dente (juice enough but with a tiny bite left). Close the pan and let your Risotto rest for 2 minutes.
10 - Now it's time to close the deal. Add one last spoon of butter on top of it (right in the middle) and swirl the rice from the borders. Let the butter get all over. Now you can do the same with the Parmesan Cheese. Same deal. 
11 - Don't let it get cold and it's time to enjoy your freshly made Risotto ai Funghi ;3

• 1 month later...

Nothing super fancy but thought I would share. Ended up making nachos for me n bestie for our movie.

4 cheese blend

plain tortilla chips

basil

water

meat (I say meat cuss you could pretty much add chicken,beef,elk, etc)

avacado

crushed red pepper

olives

tomato

You should put on a snack tray, but I don't own one. Instead I put them all on a dinner plate. Just make sure they are spread out. You clump them at all and you won't get it nicely spread.

1. In a bowl mix basil,water,avacado,crushed red pepper together. Then spread in a ring around the top of the chips.

2. Spread olives,tomato evenly around.

3. Spread meat around evenly.

4. spread 4 cheese blend evenly.

5. Serve.

There are many ways to do it, just one way I did the other day.