3DXChat Community

They will not lower the sub price. They would be out of money if they did. The best that they could do would be to allow a few reliable users to create content, like Sol and a couple of others. It would have to be quality content, then add it. Even that seemed to be too much to handle. Furthermore, what would be the incentive for people to sell their items? There is no cash out option and often times it takes a lot of time to create good mesh clothing. One would create just to buy from other creators. The only way I could see it working is limiting it to clothing and accessories, capping the amount that it sells for and increasing daily gold to allow for members to purchase said items. That takes away from the bottom line of selling XGold, so I don't see that happening either.

Like someone else said, user created content needs to be quality control or you will have serious problems.

They should let user to send them their creations, but being able.to modify that content to the "needs" of the game and their rules.

Then they could just show in a page the name of the creator, I mean the user. No need of giving him/her money or anything else. Just a wall of fame of user created content.

It could be nice and productive at the same time.

Kiss

Nion

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I come from Red Light Center, so I think I know about the price of customizing avatars and buying clothing and stuff.

And indeed, shops are usually filled with 80% of crap and 20% of decently designed products.

Also all the arguments I read so far add to my conviction that stuff shouldn't be made payable, nor with real money, nor with xgold.

On the other hand, it seems like there are a just a few freelance designers/developers that are capable and willing to design stuff for 3dxchat so I don't think actual devs will be overwhelmed with offers. 

They might take into consideration the proposed stuff, adapt it if necessary and add it to the actual content. It would relieve some of the strain they have at this moment. And if freelance designers need to be rewarded, why not give them a monthly subscription for each accepted item ? That way we wouldn't have to wait one year to get a new chair or hairstyle...

Just a thought ;) Sandie xxx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RomanFox

I would agree to an idea like this on one condition only, but first let me clarify.

I'm assuming this store would be filled with user-created content. Which is fine, if it goes through some kind of quality control. Making sure everything works the way it should in all possible conditions... you know... so you can keep some good standards. Games like IMVU are so full of user-created content that mess things up, it's not even enjoyable anymore... and sometimes you wouldn't know until you actually bought it.

Secondly, it should only happen if you can pay for EVERYTHING with xGold, no premium only stuff.

Most of us sit around staring at our large amounts of xGold wondering what to do with it... this could be an option.

They should keep the activity rewards going for those who play regularly though...

But, from a business perspective, I think this would be the only way to satisfy both ends (developers and customers).

Customers get to eventually buy what they like, knowing it's high-quality content... and developers might see an increase in revenue due to people not being patient to save up and thus spend money to get xGold.