Photo

3DXChat Store for Avatar's

clothing accessories gadgets gear furniture jewelry bundles shoes different dance moves different moans

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Wizard

Wizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

I think it would be a good idea to make some stuff for XGold. Not all, but some exclusive stuff. And make the possibility to give gold as a gift to other players. That would rise prostitution and also inject real money for the developers, so they can make more stuff / hire more artists, etc.

• Chilles likes this

#22 Rochi

Rochi

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

I think it would be a good idea to make some stuff for XGold. Not all, but some exclusive stuff. And make the possibility to give gold as a gift to other players. That would rise prostitution and also inject real money for the developers, so they can make more stuff / hire more artists, etc.

Yes as if the subscription price wasn't already highly overpriced x) Also I think at this point its pretty clear they ain't going to hire anyone :P

Also that prostitution thing, you'll just see a bunch of guys making a female alt to prostitute themselves.

• pashion likes this

#23 Guest_Twiggy_*

Guest_Twiggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

I know I have said this before but I would like to see a way for tips to be able to be given to dancers in SC.

As it is often you will see or use to anyway, people roleplaying giving tips to the dancers.

I am sure they can make it so only a certain amount can be given, like say 20, 50 and 100 so people don't go nuts with it.

And also can be done so the tips can only be given to people on the stage.

It may still be abused and used to pay for prostitutes but I don't think it would be that often.

I just think it would add a little something to SC and get more people doing acts on the stage and participation from people around the stage watching.

#24 Wizard

Wizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:56 PM

Yes as if the subscription price wasn't already highly overpriced x) Also I think at this point its pretty clear they ain't going to hire anyone :P

Also that prostitution thing, you'll just see a bunch of guys making a female alt to prostitute themselves.

90% of the girls are already guys, so it won't make a big difference :D

#25 TheGreatNyeh

TheGreatNyeh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Location...

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Just FYI... They had a feature for transferring xGold from one character to another but it was taken out due to "xGold prostitution." It was around when xGold was first introduced...

The more you know.

#26 RobT

RobT

Server Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

90% of the girls are already guys, so it won't make a big difference :D

scared-baby-o_zpsb0cc29d6.gif

• Briana likes this

#27 RobT

RobT

Server Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

Im not even going to comment on the 90 percent thing, ive spoke my peace on that however i for one would be 100 percent against shops. keep dreaming if you think they would drop the sub price if we had them. thats never going to happen. also, have any of you actually been to these so called shops???   you have to go through 100 pieces of crap to find something half ass decent.

#28 Camden

Camden

Queen of Everything

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

They will not lower the sub price. They would be out of money if they did. The best that they could do would be to allow a few reliable users to create content, like Sol and a couple of others. It would have to be quality content, then add it. Even that seemed to be too much to handle. Furthermore, what would be the incentive for people to sell their items? There is no cash out option and often times it takes a lot of time to create good mesh clothing. One would create just to buy from other creators. The only way I could see it working is limiting it to clothing and accessories, capping the amount that it sells for and increasing daily gold to allow for members to purchase said items. That takes away from the bottom line of selling XGold, so I don't see that happening either.

Like someone else said, user created content needs to be quality control or you will have serious problems.

#29 Nionlight

Nionlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:29 AM

They should let user to send them their creations, but being able.to modify that content to the "needs" of the game and their rules.

Then they could just show in a page the name of the creator, I mean the user. No need of giving him/her money or anything else. Just a wall of fame of user created content.

It could be nice and productive at the same time.

Kiss

Nion

#30 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

RobT muttered...

also, have any of you actually been to these so called shops???   you have to go through 100 pieces of crap to find something half ass decent.

Just like real life then :)

#31 RobT

RobT

Server Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

RobT muttered...

Just like real life then :)

if you have to go through 100 things to find anything decent in a store... you are shopping in the wrong place

#32 SandieFoxxx

SandieFoxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I come from Red Light Center, so I think I know about the price of customizing avatars and buying clothing and stuff.

And indeed, shops are usually filled with 80% of crap and 20% of decently designed products.

Also all the arguments I read so far add to my conviction that stuff shouldn't be made payable, nor with real money, nor with xgold.

On the other hand, it seems like there are a just a few freelance designers/developers that are capable and willing to design stuff for 3dxchat so I don't think actual devs will be overwhelmed with offers. 

They might take into consideration the proposed stuff, adapt it if necessary and add it to the actual content. It would relieve some of the strain they have at this moment. And if freelance designers need to be rewarded, why not give them a monthly subscription for each accepted item ? That way we wouldn't have to wait one year to get a new chair or hairstyle...

Just a thought ;) Sandie xxx

#33 RobT

RobT

Server Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

gizmo has already said no shops, i would dig up shantis post  where she quoted it but i am far too lazy

#34 RomanFox

RomanFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

I would agree to an idea like this on one condition only, but first let me clarify.

I'm assuming this store would be filled with user-created content. Which is fine, if it goes through some kind of quality control. Making sure everything works the way it should in all possible conditions... you know... so you can keep some good standards. Games like IMVU are so full of user-created content that mess things up, it's not even enjoyable anymore... and sometimes you wouldn't know until you actually bought it.

Secondly, it should only happen if you can pay for EVERYTHING with xGold, no premium only stuff.

Most of us sit around staring at our large amounts of xGold wondering what to do with it... this could be an option.

They should keep the activity rewards going for those who play regularly though...

But, from a business perspective, I think this would be the only way to satisfy both ends (developers and customers).

Customers get to eventually buy what they like, knowing it's high-quality content... and developers might see an increase in revenue due to people not being patient to save up and thus spend money to get xGold.

• xMaceyx likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothing, accessories, gadgets, gear, furniture, jewelry, bundles, shoes, different dance moves, different moans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users