3DXChat Community

Gift Prostitutes

AlphaKing

I am very new to this game and already I have seen 4-5 female characters claiming to be gift prostitutes. They didn't tell me this in chat, they were bold enough to put this in their profile which is accessible to everyone.

In a game where prostitution is not allowed, how did this happen?

I'm aware that long before I joined xgold transfer was allowed in the game and then banned because it led to prostitution. Now gifts are being used instead, so the problem hasn't really gone away has it?

I like to study social behavior and happen to know that prostitution has been known to occur in every stage of human development where an incentive has been provided to have sex. It can be anything: coins, fish and something even as unusable in real life as a gift in 3DXChat.

While I have starting reporting (with screenshots) profiles of Gift Prostitutes, I know it's not really a solution. The solution is to take away the incentive for having sex.

My suggestion for doing this:

Do not show the number of gifts given or received to anyone except the owner of the profile. A gift given/received is an exchange between 2 individuals, let it be that way and let's not make it something to show off to the world.

It is an acknowledged fact in the game that women with more gifts are harder so get to bed. So before I approach a woman, I see her profile and also see the number of gifts received. If she has a lot, I will not approach her. This means that women with less number of gifts get approached more often which is liked by some but is disliked by others as they get too many requests.

If someone is allowed to show how many gifts he has given, then that will lead him to having an easier time to bed women than the non gifting fellows out there.

Another solution is to make all gifts free: 

Gifts are a way to show appreciation for your partner. If I have to spend money to give them that gift, isn't that in some way the same as me giving them money? It's a little difficult for those to understand who have never paid for XGold, I get that.

All gifts should be free, but if given/received figures are available to anyone except the account holder, it will lead to prostitution.

We all pay the same amount for the game, all I'm asking for is a level playing field.

Whether I agree or not with those you call "gift prostitutes", I have no idea why you are blowing this out of proportion.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any rules saying 'one cannot ask for gifts for sex'.

As you said, long before those were banned, but times have changed, rules aren't what they used to be.

If you don't wanna gift someone for sex, don't, and find someone who won't ask for it. Unless you are obsessed with the "gift prostitutes" and only want those.

And I don't see where it would create a class divide, since those Xgolds are provided to all for free, just by login on game ! If one chooses to buy more and use them to gift someone, who are we to judge.

Enjoy your game, they aren't invading your space, let em enjoy theirs. Nothing is forcing you to take part in it.

This world is big enough for people to live out their fantasies, and at this point of the game, I don't see this as something needing to go on a riot for.

Ah come on: Yes there is this game of brothel or Prostitution, but for me it seems to be more like a Kind of fetish that some of the Girls want to try. I have a lot of Girls on my friend list who Claim to be a whore of x or y. But with most of them I have "sex" without gifting them.

And I'd say there is a difference whether These Girls take Advantage or not by a gift. In first case it's Kind of "in-game-Business" in the second case it just stays a game.

What's more: For me the gift list is a quite important Instrument to get a clue what Kind of Player hides in the Avatar I choose to Play with. Is she communicative/ descriptive or is she just a gift selector. Is she possesive (and therefore most probably jealous) or is she open minded....

So: let People Play how they like to Play...

Here come the MEME... lol The bastard child of an argument or opinion.

Well, he is entitled to his opinion.

I am not a big fan of the whole gifting prostitution thing myself, but as it goes to the game itself. Well, nothing really forbid it since it not like it could be changed back for real currency. 

If someone setup a Paypal account and start charging player. lol THAT could be a real issue. But, gifting for sex, if it there fantasy, I don't have much to say about it. 

Well, if we go way back when the xGold came out, we could exchange xGold between player and it became a little ridiculous really fast. You could check people pofiles and try to guess the rate for a blowjob at the time. 

It was removed about the same day. Will it make a comeback, who know ?

But serious, everyone at one point will get touchy about how someone else action in game. The importance really is : Does it break any rule in the game, if the answers is no. Then, move on or put that person on ignore and then move on. 

It been working for me since I came back to 3dxchat. 

Here come the MEME... lol The bastard child of an argument or opinion.

Well, he is entitled to his opinion.

I am not a big fan of the whole gifting prostitution thing myself, but as it goes to the game itself. Well, nothing really forbid it since it not like it could be changed back for real currency. 

If someone setup a Paypal account and start charging player. lol THAT could be a real issue. But, gifting for sex, if it there fantasy, I don't have much to say about it. 

Well, if we go way back when the xGold came out, we could exchange xGold between player and it became a little ridiculous really fast. You could check people pofiles and try to guess the rate for a blowjob at the time. 

It was removed about the same day. Will it make a comeback, who know ?

But serious, everyone at one point will get touchy about how someone else action in game. The importance really is : Does it break any rule in the game, if the answers is no. Then, move on or put that person on ignore and then move on. 

It been working for me since I came back to 3dxchat. 

Well Skar, what do you want me to say? xD

I respect his opinon, I do. I just find it slighty... You know... Ridiculous, seeing as the gift for sex has been in use since I started to play like three months ago. 

If you think I am being mean or immature, just remember:

YOU KILLED MUFASA!

I'm really tempted to go into some long dissertation about how the fact that prostitution is illegal anywhere is ridiculous. But I won't, except to say that when you take a good or service that's in demand and make it illegal, all you do is hand power over to organized crime to manage it, and make life more dangerous for the people involved. This is true of drugs, guns, gambling and yes, prostitution. It's downright absurd that we haven't evolved as a society to the point where we can recognize that people can and should be able to make money doing what they're good at so long as it doesn't victimize anyone else, even if what they're good at is fucking or being fucked. In fact, it's a pretty big devolution, since some major societies in our past had the wisdom to see that, and yet we in modern times still don't for the most part, especially in the West where we cling to some puritanical ideal that's so outdated to be laughable.

That being said, what is the big deal here? I get the developers not wanting 3DX to turn into a place where everyone is having to pay everyone else for sex. But even if it were legal in-game, that scenario will never take place. There are other adult games where prostitution is legal, and even provides a thriving in-game economy, where men and women both can go and still find sexual partners without having to pay. Sex trade is just a surefire way of getting it, getting it good, and getting it quickly, provided you have the coin to spend. Prostituion isn't going to ruin 3DX, whether it's for Xgold, gifts, or private PayPal transactions outside the game. And yes, for many of us, the idea of taking money for sex is a big turn-on. It's naughty, and a little degrading. And guess what? That's HAWT!

Sometime it boggles my mind how wide the pendulum swings here. I can have my calves pinned behind my ears bouncing up and down with a giant cock shoved up my ass while sitting in some stranger's lap in a room with no door in the back of the nightclub, and yet "excessive bad language" (whatever the hell that means and whoever decides what constitutes "excessive", or "bad language" as far as that goes) and trading anything tangible for sex are both bannable offenses. Am I the only one that sees the irony in that?

Prostitution happens on every one of these virtual social games. Whether it be imvu ,sl ,achat or 3dx.

On achat which is probably the worst case since your pretty much required to pay tons of credit to have fun.

As for me 3dx, I find it a harmless fetishes some girls want to indulge in. Is it ruining the experience of others? Nope

Some women love having hundreds of gifts , makes them feel desirable.

So yeah either you can play along and indulge their fantasy and give them a gift. Or ignore them and find another girl.

The gift prostitutes are a godsend, seriously. I can't tell you how many times a night guys walk up and awkwardly demand sex either with a cold invite or with an overly aggressive awkward "alpha male" come on. I am so happy that these guys have players they can turn to who will accept them for the cost of a gift or three. It keeps them from becoming so desperate they end up on our blacklists.

Keep on taking those gifts ladies!

WOW!!!

This definitive made a debate here... and the main deal here is THIS IS JUST VIRTUAL LIFE PPL!!!

Is not like to say "who cares?", but actually is not that important, if a woman wants to play as prostitute IS BECAUSE SHE IS LIVING THAT AS A PERSONAL FANTASY, and some one could "Pay" to fulfill that fantasy for her... it must not be taken as a reason to be banned... or even reported.. this is a place to live personal and deep desires, if you don't want to "Pay" (or participate in her role-play fantasy) just don't do it, easy as that,

and as for me i was not "easy" not even when i was starting here with no gifts... is all about how a guy or a girl talks and create a connection.

Golds?.. they are free now, we don't have to pay for them anymore, not like in July 2014, but if you want "more golds" you may pay for them.. OR NOT!!!, but being in a virtual enviroment or a MMO Game, we definitive need something to "exchange" and "earn a level", think about it

As for the "gifts competition", well i don't really take it that serious... "This is a Game", is like to "play soccer and never count the goles"... I started with CERO same as everyone and slowly i earned the apreciation from my friends (also the hate from others), and that is showed in my gifts, and also i gift to them with messages that comes from my heart... but i never "judge" someone by the amount of them... i have nice and close friends with more than the triple, or less that the 10%, amount of my gifts and I Love and Care about them the same... also i know ppl with almost 2000 gifts and they are really despotic with most of the people around, but still at my point of view..."GIFTS MUST NOT BE HIDDEN" they must stay.

And people must understand that we all can "compete" or take the game easy and just chill and enjoy which is the best way and avoid tons of problems

Is all about to us to respect anyone, and find the ones we like to spend our time and live our fantasies... to live this place the way we ALL want to live it :)

So I respect but i won't agree with the post you did Alpha

Thank you for reading ^_^

kisses 4U all

Not trying to offend anybody but...I've never seen such a misogynist assumption as to women in this game. So the more gifts you have, the more hard to get you are and therefore you should be discarded or moved to the back of the line? LOL

Is there really a line?

PRECISELY why I don't date men in the real or virtual world. The 99% of them think they own the world and that 20 bucks entitles them to hug/kiss/dance/fuck with you (and not precisely in that order) any time they want.

Thank your for opening this thread. I will be adding some names to the ignore list when I log back in. ^^

If you think that a gift of pixels entitles you or not to some cybersex, or any type of interaction, maybe you're using the wrong pickup lines.

Just saying...