3DXChat Community

3DX Kills My Laptop Sound Completely

Baishun

Sooo...I'm having this weird issue with 3DX and wanted to know if anyone else had run into it and found a solution.

When I run 3DX, after a variable amount of time (sometimes it happens immediately after entering any room with a music stream, sometimes it can work for an hour or more before this happens), the sound in the game will go out and take the sound down for my entire laptop. Even alt-tabbing out of the game, I can't hear sounds on my laptop at all, whether it's YouTube, iTunes, system sounds...nothing. If I open up the Sound mixer and mute 3DX, the sound for the rest of my laptop will come back. Or if I shut down 3DX the sound will restore. But so long as 3DX is outputting sound and unmuted, no sounds/music, including 3DX, work anywhere on my laptop at all once that issue presents until I mute 3DX or shut it down.

Honestly, it takes a lot away from the game for it to be in this sort of black hole of silence for most of the time I'm on. :(

I've unistalled and reinstalled my sound drivers (Realtek HD Audio). That didn't help. I've tried restarting, and that obviously helps in the sense that it makes me restart the game which makes the sound work for some priod of time. But inevitably it goes out again and takes the whole laptop sound system with it.

Running Windows 8.1 on a shitty Lenovo laptop if it makes any difference.

Thanks for any help!

Well problem is not with Realtek audio since i have also realtek and it is not happeing to me. My only advice or only solution is try reinstalling the game with erasing 3dx from registry too. It can help or not. This is very wierd problem. I cant wrap my head around it. It seems that 3dx somehow takes a hold of your sounds and gives itself presedence over anything until muted which is first time for me to be honest. I have never seen a problem like this. So best solution is to reinstall the game completely including registry entry. 

I hope that it helps.