3DXChat Community

Texture pop in

Guest Eddster

Guest Eddster

I'm pretty sure it was in a recent patch, zooming in and out of a male character with muscle tone causes the textures to pop in and out. It makes it look like your character is scrawny from 10 feet out and even smaller from 20 feet out. If this is an optimizing change that's fine for rigs using lower settings. For all of those running at max settings I think we shouldn't be seeing any pop in at all. Hopefully it's just a bug. 

I'm also seeing the texture rendering pop in more with tree plants and some other textures. If this was a huge open world I can see the use, but here it's a little much especially with the small areas. Very noticeable. Thanks.

Hello Eddster!

Yes that is to optimize change in view point to render objects in HQ at a specific distance but then lower the rez at a further distance, although this does it on all graphical settings. The devs are working on optimizations and upgrades to their renderer. So expect to see good changes in the future when it comes to it.

Kind Regards

MrAsh

Guest Eddster

@Ash, thanks for the response. I do hope they improve it to not be such an eye sore at different graphical settings.

@Rochi Yep, that's the same term. Nice find. "The reduced visual quality of the model is often unnoticed because of the small effect on object appearance when distant or moving fast." Is my problem, very noticeable in a game with such small areas and using the technique from so close. Definitely something I can see useful on lower end rigs. I sure wasn't having issues with textures and max settings before. Increasing the distance at which the textures load on each setting is a solution i'd think. Like 10 yards, 20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards. Per graphical setting. 

In any case with it being a work in progress i'm sure they know what to do!  :) 

Guest Eddster

Getting some screen shot comparisons of it since I have had a few people in game not sure of what I mean. (Picture 2 and 3 of each set are in the same phase of texture/model degradation (Stage 2) Right before the final shot. (Stage 3) If you do this with a female character, you will see anorexic chicken arms which is kinda scary. (Test model I used)

wYPAO7x.jpgJrXWCPY.jpggTpdfQY.jpgUJN1jIU.jpg8V4yCuk.jpgX6LSY2g.jpgDceiFkA.jpgA8qAZU8.jpg