4 replies to this topic

#1 snowbelle

snowbelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Are you all able to login? I can't seem to log into the game since this morning.

#2 Guest_RobT_*

Guest_RobT_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

yes, no prob here

#3 snowbelle

snowbelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

thanks fixed now

#4 chaostika

chaostika

Parachute Chick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts
  • Location</Milkyway|Earth>

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

nearly half week lots of ppl and me 2 had probs randomly also with this issue

3744085f08e997bc10c3e41e177d80ec6c3f7bb4

3ivtofhtz1d.png

#5 JimmyC

JimmyC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

@ Chaostika:  Being someone that sometimes has to find that loose/broken/unplugged cable, SEEMS LEGIT.  :lol:

Unless it's an issue with the server itself or local ISP, it's most likely 3DX's data center of choice coming under DDoS or similar attack.  Major ISP's, domain registrars, and data centers are almost always under some level of attack.  No one ever really hears about it because each location has a dedicated Information Security team and hardware firewalls playing a game of active defense.

The only big breaches that make the news only make the news because the information is required to be disclosed to the public, like the breaches of credit card security that Home Depot and Target recently were party to.  You can't just tell an entire customer base to replace their credit/debit cards, "because I said so."  You have to tell them that their cards are potentially compromised so that they can secure their own accounts.  I didn't even know about the Home Depot breach until my bank just sent me a replacement card and explained why.

But in a world where the Internet is so well utilized, we reach a point where the most rudimentary of attacks will blot out sections of the internet.  And in this case it may be an attack against the local ISP or data center and 3DX is just collateral damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users