3DXChat Community

Question about massive (spam) invites

Shanti

Maybe have a time limit protocol in place so when you invite people, with the Invite all to room for example maybe put a 30 minute cool down period where it will be un highlighted and non-clickable until the timer ends? That could work so they won't be spamming every few minutes. 

So example could be

Invite All = 30min cooldown timer.

Invite Friends = 15min cooldown timer.

Invite Group = No cooldown timer as all are in the group for a reason and can just leave the group if they don't want the spam of invites. :)

f you do disable invites, it is better to make the "DO NOT DISTURB" (DND) mode:

- No receive request "hugs / kisses / slow dance" from others

- No receive request "Partner"

- No receive request "personal invite"

- No receive request "public invite"

- No receive request "private / group chat"

- No receive request "friend"

This mode does not apply to "friends list"

In this mode (DND), the user can do everything mentioned above.

DND button / indicator is always visible (red / green LED)

The only problem I see with this is if you are "cruising" for new hook ups, both parties would have to not be in DND mode in order to make that crucial first communication, particularly since almost all women start their profiles with "NO COLDS".

I do find the invites particularly annoying when you are trying to woo or are in the middle of sex. I'd be happy just to toggle that off.

I think that Shanti's idea of adding notifications for Invites to the chat interface is the best idea. 

The only thing that annoys me, at the moment, and perhaps I am missing something, is that currently I have to click bottom left to open them and then move to center screen to accept or exit. Why can't they open bottom left?

The only problem I see with this is if you are "cruising" for new hook ups, both parties would have to not be in DND mode in order to make that crucial first communication, particularly since almost all women start their profiles with "NO COLDS".

I do find the invites particularly annoying when you are trying to woo or are in the middle of sex. I'd be happy just to toggle that off.

Someone from the idiots sending cold invites/ partner - read profiles? :)))

Never happens :)

So you're saying that if a couple of people busy with each other, and want to rest, the DSD function deprives idiots opportunities disturb couples?

..."cruising" for idiots "new hook ups"?

So that's exactly what couple need :)

Yesterday I did a test :)
Created a female character.
Wrote in a profile - "I love only Gizmo! Waiting for him alone. Do not disturb".
Danced for 1 hour.
And So.
Girl in a night club, dancing alone, attacks:
1. attack on average one in 10 minutes. - cold  Invite/ partner.

2. attack kiss on the cheek / hug - 5 or 6 attack to one hour :)
3. an average of one attack in 2-5 minutes - the imposition of a private chat and spam in it (hi sweete.... you want sex?...etc)

3 times suggested a slow dance. Suddenly. Refused. I'm a good girl and I love only Gizmo :))))

To hell :) We need a system "Do Not Disturb
-girls under maaaassive attack :)

Wrote in a profile - "I love only Gizmo! Waiting for him alone. Do not disturb".

Danced for 1 hour.

And So.

3. an average of one attack in 2-5 minutes - the imposition of a private chat and spam in it (hi sweete.... you want sex?...etc)

3 times suggested a slow dance. Suddenly. Refused. I'm a good girl and I love only Gizmo :))))

To hell :) We need a system "Do Not Disturb -girls under maaaassive attack :)

Welcome to my world.

I occasionally take my girl bots out of the house and they get the same treatment. I state clearly in the profile that I'm really a guy and don't embarrass yourself. Got accosted by a pair of Italian men that refused to read or take no for an answer. Yeesh.

Myself, I at least try conversation first and take a temperature of whether they seem interested in talking.

For the record, I'm in favor of some limit on persistent invites. I'm not sure I want a full DND since I think it will make it more difficult for men to get the conversation started.

Danced for 1 hour.

And So.

To hell :) We need a system "Do Not Disturb"  -girls under maaaassive attack :)

This only happens to new characters with no gifts though X_x

I get people hitting/talking to me maybe once 1-2hours :o

By The Way.

A new character and a new player look the same. No gifts.

This makes the problem even worse.

New player girl was hit by a massive attack gets a shock.
Spoke spoke yesterday with two girls. (About 50 -80 gifts in profiles, by the way).

Idiots do not read profiles :)

If attacker not received a response to an invite/ partner / chat attack (hi u... go to fuck!), /and the girl alone and / or waiting for someone - for example, on the beach or island of love/ sometimes attacker in front of girl make masturbation.

I am shocked.

If the girls are no longer shy and will talk about what idiots do in the game, the normal male friends would require "slap in the face" and "hit in the balls" option (idiot for 15 minutes banned from game). Option for girls only. :D :D :D

They cant block it now. It is tied to gold which in turn is tied to real money. If they give ability to block it then people that spend money on gold just for invites would want their money back since it would not work as it should. That is understandable that they would want their money back. Now problem is that even if they do remove the gold cost from invites and add ability to block it (which i think they should :D ) there will still be people that will want their money back since they bought gold for invites and now they cant use the gold that way. It is hard situation :D .

I think the gold was added as a mild deterrent to slow it down but the option to buy gold negated this deterrence and people with a lot of money to waste will continue to spam to get a party/orgy/room going without much concern for the populace at large. Because it is tied to the in game currency and in a way the in game and out of game economy, it will not go away, however I think a short term cool down of say 10 minutes per invite (stacking or adding up) will counter it somewhat or an increasing cost per invite or even just a flat price increase will placate us that are irritated by it.

Entirely up to the devs though and I doubt they will do anything about a milk... I mean cash cow.

• 2 weeks later...

Some chick named Bambii must have spammed me 30-40 times last night to join her fucking party so, tonight, the spamming happened again. I answered the invite just so I could find her and put her on Ignore. Didn't help. There has GOT to be a stop to this. It is fucking ruining the game. Start with a 7-day suspension. Spamming is never cool, I don't care how much gold is being foolishly spent. If you want to run more customers off this site, just tolerate this crap and do nothing about it.

A while back I had mentioned there being 2 forms of in-game currency. Many places do this already. While I could go on about my ideas for both. I'll just apply it to what we can current use it for. Which is gifts and invites. The free currency we get should only apply to gifts. And a paid currency being used for invites. Want to invite then have to pay extra money to buy this currency. Also reducing the invite graphic size by 50%. Either that or enabling a actual 'invite' chat frame. People do not use 'roleplay' thus it could replace it. And a basic clickable link can be generated into this frame. I would not give people the ability to block invites or to turn this frame off, since they would pay for it. Though links would generate no frame highlight/sound. And to notice or care that invites are being done is to specifically navigate to this tab.

An easy thing to also do if the developers worked on it. Would be to monitor other chat frames for room keywords. And either dismiss their posting, or specifically allow it to post within this new 'invite' frame'. Which would remove anyone trying to advertise rooms in any frame besides 'invite'. Well unless they decided to go creative and specialize the naming convention so that it allows its posting in other frames. -Can't always win-

Another is and I feel it should be applied. since so many spam 'world' with long personalized conversations. World should be for quick comments, questions, greetings, etc. And I would apply a 2 minute period between a users posts into 'world'. The other being the frame remembers similar comments for up to 15 minutes. So regardless if user x posts 'come to xyzclub now!' or z user posts the same comment, it will block it. Now going along with the users ability to comment every 2 minutes. This is maxed out at 3 comments for a period of 10 minutes.

IE You can post only every 2 minutes capping at 3 posts within a 10 minute period.

Want lengthier conversations? Go find the people in-world to open a tab with them. (Speaking of which still waiting on being able to whisper those in friends lists. Which would also help with this.)

Well, I haven't really been bothered by them, apart from the fact that the invites take up real estate.

If you have more than one on the screen and select any of them a pop-up window appears listing them all. So, why are multiple invites displayed?

Also, why do I have to mouse select one, bottom left, and then move to center screen to either accept or close the pop-up.
What I would like to see is...

a ) smaller invite icon

b ) only one icon regardless of how many different invites received

c ) pop-up list displayed in same location

d ) a key combo to open invites and/or remove from screen

e ) a key combo to accept

f ) a key combo to close the pop-up (any pop-up, on a last pop'd first closed basis)

g ) option to not receive invites 

They arent going to ban anyone for using a function of the game. Maybe give people something else to spend xgold on . As it stands there are only a couple options. 

Guest Larrygair

Just give me the option to ignore them at my discression.

Trying to concentrate on spending time with someone and having these things pop up sometiomes one every 30 seconds sometimes from the same person is VERY annoying.

L.

There absolutely must be a way to block mass invites. Either have a setting to ignore them completely or at the very least block invites from blacklisted persons.

Those who wish to receive invites will not be affected, but let those who simply close them anyway have the option to turn them off. 

A mass invite every now and again, though distracting, is bearable. However, for the past few days mass invites are literally spammed every minute or so by the same person. This is extremely annoying, and frankly, quite ridiculous. 

Or... game need Do Not Disturb mode: block all pop up (private chat/invites/kisses on the cheek / hugging / slow dance) except partner or friends

Just On/Off DND switch... who wants  - use. Who wants -not uses

Problem should be solved totally.

Pop up public invite must be 1/2 from current size. Automatic time out for not opened pop up public invite - about 30 sec.

All pop up location should not be in the center of the screen and prevent playing. All pop up must be located in the upper right corner