3DXChat Community

Happy Australia Day

pashion

"I just  wanna say a big Happy Australia Day Weekend to all my fellow sheilas and blokes in this community. Get out there throw some snags on the barbie drink some VB watch some toad races and have a bloody beauty mates."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdbVHPmCW0

aus.jpg

The meaning of this day

Australia Day, 26 January, is the anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet of 11 convict ships from Great Britain, and the raising of the Union Jack at Sydney Cove by its commander Captain Arthur Phillip, in 1788.

Though 26 January marks this specific event, today Australia Day celebrations reflect contemporary Australia: our diverse society and landscape, our remarkable achievements and our bright future. It also is an opportunity to reflect on our nation's history, and to consider how we can make Australia an even better place in future.

On Australia Day, over half of the nation’s population of 21 million attend either an organised community event, or get together with family and friends with the intention of celebrating our national day. Many more spend the public holiday relaxing with family and friends.

Yet Australia Day is much more than barbeques and fireworks. It is more than another public holiday. It is more than the pride and excitement of new citizens who call themselves Australian for the first time on 26 January after being conferred citizenship.

At its core, Australia Day is a day driven by communities, and the celebrations held in each town, suburb or city – unified by the celebration of what’s great about Australia and being Australian – are the foundation of its ongoing success.

aus2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3SkTyXzcE

aus3.jpg

To have such great pride in ones country, to embrace and celabrate one's national pride with such enthusiasm is a wonderful thing.  Obviously, a lot of time, effort and genuine emotion was poured into this post.  Don't let anyone or anything bring you down.  Celebrate your day, celebrate the way only you Aussies know how!!

Everyone has a different way of connecting with their respective country and it seems the Aussie's are fairly unique in the way their communities unite on this special day.

Happy Australia Day!!

Have a wonderful day Pashion and all other aussies. May today be a wonderful day in celebration of what was done 100s of years ago.

Although australia has had a rough year so far with what has gone on recently, may this day bring people closer together as it once did 100s of years ago!

Happy Australia Day everyone. :)

"I just  wanna say a big Happy Australia Day Weekend to all my fellow sheilas and blokes in this community. Get out there throw some snags on the barbie drink some VB watch some toad races and have a bloody beauty mates."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMdbVHPmCW0

aus.jpg

The meaning of this day

Australia Day, 26 January, is the anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet of 11 convict ships from Great Britain, and the raising of the Union Jack at Sydney Cove by its commander Captain Arthur Phillip, in 1788.

Though 26 January marks this specific event, today Australia Day celebrations reflect contemporary Australia: our diverse society and landscape, our remarkable achievements and our bright future. It also is an opportunity to reflect on our nation's history, and to consider how we can make Australia an even better place in future.

On Australia Day, over half of the nation’s population of 21 million attend either an organised community event, or get together with family and friends with the intention of celebrating our national day. Many more spend the public holiday relaxing with family and friends.

Yet Australia Day is much more than barbeques and fireworks. It is more than another public holiday. It is more than the pride and excitement of new citizens who call themselves Australian for the first time on 26 January after being conferred citizenship.

At its core, Australia Day is a day driven by communities, and the celebrations held in each town, suburb or city – unified by the celebration of what’s great about Australia and being Australian – are the foundation of its ongoing success.

aus2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3SkTyXzcE

aus3.jpg

Congratulations for the National day!

Heya Pash and all my Aussie Friends , FROM the cold middle of winter country of Canada , to a similar, not so damn cold country Australia, drink lots, party till ya drop, and have a Happy Australia day weekend....

hope my beloved ozzies from 3dx and relatives had a nice day and plz show us, the world and nokia36, that the australiens of today, just do it much, much better, than some of the portuguese, spanish, french, dutch and finally british "colonist scumbags", that touched the continent after 1606!! i know u do and can and wish ya all the best, 4 ur united nation of so many nationalties on that so beautiful continent that u have "down there", bitches^^ and u sure well know, how i mean it hehee..christ, its snowing and freakn cold here...love ya and enjoy ur restweekend *hugs*

I'm sure Aborignal was very happy when british come to Australia Happy Australia Day lol

ps: @ nokia36, i know what u mean and feel, i really do and its always good not to forget the historical black past of the sometimes beast, called human beeing! or some monsters of them and wahat they did!!! even on days like this, everyone should be aware of that what happened there and elsewhere durinng those days of the european expansion were so many suffered and ill better not start about the indians, slaves and the french inquisition...chaos, shzzz , ok tika, ur right, sry^^....but u cant blame the ppl in 2015 for that what happend then. it would be like calling all germans nazis, when they celebrate the reunion of germany on the 3rd of october...stupid example of mine maby! anyway thx "4 the reminder", but as usual, la tona la muscia and only thinkin and sayin!

• 1 year later...