3DXChat Community

Instructions for setting up radio streaming.

Vida

This download link contains the software and basic instructions for setting up radio streaming in your room.

http://depositfiles.com/files/8y8c13i8n

I added the pdf to this post if you just want the instructions. The links for the software are included. It is more precise, cleaner looking and has a more logical flow for coherency. The basic information is the same as it is in this post.

You can use Google Chrome's pdf reader to view the document.

RadioStreamingSetup.pdf

The streaming service I am using is http://myradiostream.com/. Unfortunately a Webcaster Plus account (paid subscription) is needed for visitors to hear your stream.

Forgot to mention you can setup everything for free to see if it works for you. You only need a paid account for others to hear your stream in the game.

Not trying to be rude.

But It is your first post on the forums and its 2 sentences long refering to ZIP file.

That isn't really safe.

It would be fine if you make time and post the guide in post but saying everything is hidden in ZIP file which might as well be malware for all I know.

I am not going to risk it, and I would recommend less savvy users to wait as well until someone else bites it first.

Thanks for your support. My fault for trying to help out the community. I will insure that I do not do this again.

Or:

I have been playing for more than a year and I have, up until now, not needed to post anything. I made this because a few in game friends asked me how I streamed radio into my home. So I created this conveniently contained zip file to make it easier. Feel free to search all over the internet for twenty hours like I did to obtain the same results. The forums are also inadequate to provide the level instructions in the PDF. Finally virus software.

Thanks for your support. My fault for trying to help out the community. I will insure that I do not do this again.

Or:

I have been playing for more than a year and I have, up until now, not needed to post anything. I made this because a few in game friends asked me how I streamed radio into my home. So I created this conveniently contained zip file to make it easier. Feel free to search all over the internet for twenty hours like I did to obtain the same results. The forums are also inadequate to provide the level instructions in the PDF. Finally virus software.

Here your second post and we have instructions by Achilles  :huh: Don`t ? 

And I'm not going to download a file from untrusted sources, and even with some trusted too :P 

But u can create some instructions here without pdf*

Ahh damn , im sillent  :unsure:  :ph34r: 

Some time ago I received only one link to the photo and then I discovered the spyware and some ppl could have access to my computer and it caused a lot of harm to my computer and me . Was just one link , 

Avast did not notice it , and only after using "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware bit" I was able to find out what it is on my computer and some IP addresses of who was trying to connect to me .

Edited by Loonie

This is as close to the information in the PDF as can be recreated here. Not as clean as I would like it to look. Kind of anal about instructions.

The following instructions are for installing and setting up a radio stream to your home using Winamp http://www.winamp.com/ the Winamp shoutcast plugin http://www.shoutcast.com/BroadcastNow (bottom of page) and a Streaming Server http://myradiostream.com/

SETUP:

1st Create a server at myrdaiostream.com

2nd Install winamp5666_full_en-us.

3rd Install the shoutcast-dsp-2-3-5-windows plugin.

HOW TO CONNECT:

1st Open Winamp.

2nd Click on Options then select Preferences or press Ctrl+P

winampPrefrenceSelect_zpsprdk7acl.png3rd Locate DSP/Effect, select SHOUTcast source DSP, click on Configure

WinampPluginsColor_zpsos7c3tpv.png

4th Insure the Output tab is selected then click on Login

ShoutcastOutputLoginA_zpsng2rk0ri.png

5th Change Connect using to V1.x mode (legacy servers)

ShoutcastOutputLoginB_zpsi2xeyn2f.png

6th Fill in the Server Address, Port, and Password fields from your Server Settings

ShoutcastOutputLoginC_zpsvvwvaxwx.png

ServerSettingsColor_zpstoufyw4j.png

7th Select Encoder and change Encoder Type to MP3

shoutcastEncoderColor_zpstijqk4cg.png

8thStart up your server (may need to login)

ServerUrlClickStart_zps17jmhuxv.png

9th When your sever is running return to Winamp (may need to repeat steps 2 & 3). Under Login click Connect. If succesful, the Status box will display connection information.

ConnectColor_zpsx7wavdpa.pngconnectedColor_zpssjrgjej5.png

10th To test the connection play a MP3 on Winamp. Click on your server’s Custom URL link. This will open a web page streaming your music. It may take a few seconds before you hear any audio.

Note: Make sure to mute Winamp.

ServerUrlClickToTest_zpsewogquyx.pngCONNECTING TO YOUR HOME RADIO:

1st Copy the SHOUTcast DNAS Link from your server.

ServerUrlClickToTestColor_zpsakegvjsz.pn2nd Locate, or place, a radio in your home.

HomeRadio_zps56w4m1qo.png

3rd Click on the radio and select My Stream.

SelectMyStreamColor_zpselxwiusx.png

4th Paste the SHOUTcast DNAS link in to the Stream Link field then click ok.

Note: There can be significant latency before you hear your music.

URLOptionRoomColor_zpsolgifzce.png

Visit *http://myradiostream.com/user/instructions.php  for a more detailed setup. For example how to stream as a live DJ.

*Need to have a user account to view the instructions.

I love the "helpful" people in this thread. Like, obviously good corrections, but try not to be so obviously disdainful when someone puts in a bunch of effort to provide an alternate solution to a fairly complicated process. It's called "constructive criticism". <33  :lol:

I love the "helpful" people in this thread. Like, obviously good corrections, but try not to be so obviously disdainful when someone puts in a bunch of effort to provide an alternate solution to a fairly complicated process. It's called "constructive criticism". <33  :lol:

well I liked the post as soon as I saw it. before that I saw one line from new person directing to zip file which usually means bot.

Most forums does not allow people with less than 15 or 20 posts post forum links because of bot and malware spam. I been here for year and also I never seen her in game and I as someone who had that blessing to work part time in IT you would wonder how many people called we downloaded something from link and now or pc is mess help please. And also no AV isn't perfect solution, most AV doesn't even detect malware. There are suits like avast that do but not everyone have pc to run them (wonder why) but whatever...

My post was completely constructive and helpful as soon as I saw her post and explain her post little bit I liked it and moved on.

well I liked the post as soon as I saw it. before that I saw one line from new person directing to zip file which usually means bot.

Most forums does not allow people with less than 15 or 20 posts post forum links because of bot and malware spam. I been here for year and also I never seen her in game and I as someone who had that blessing to work part time in IT you would wonder how many people called we downloaded something from link and now or pc is mess help please. And also no AV isn't perfect solution, most AV doesn't even detect malware. There are suits like avast that do but not everyone have pc to run them (wonder why) but whatever...

My post was completely constructive and helpful as soon as I saw her post and explain her post little bit I liked it and moved on.

hey shaxx, no need to jump on riela here, she sure acted absolutly correct and in a total polite way to vida and she has spend more time, effort and energy in this forum to help others form the comm in here or helped to try and make "our" game and forum better, than you probably ever will...well i guess! sry, but i just had to say that way and please think of her, when u have a problem and find the searchbutton use the search and maybe find any of her posts that will help also maybe even you! cause i think vida spend atleast maybe 25-30h of his life to help you shaxx in the first place and others in the comm to finally stream their own music in their homes! anybody could come to this forum with the poorly forumsettings that we have here, what she mentioned, and open an topic and post a link with a zip file..but whatever...welcome to the forum anyway and hey, you know, its just called "constructive criticism". <33  :lol:

Or:

my dear vida, if you maybe would have joined the forum a lill bit earlier in those over 400 days ur here, to maybe finally post your very good 'how to', 'tutorial' or 'instructions', then maybe u would have saved achilles's time doing one, who could have made music for our dj events  in that time instead of spending hours to help others in our community like he did, my searching hours to help others, cause i wouldnt have had too either, once i knew how it was working cause i have been stream since years, but thats what one in a community usually does, help others and i beleave also skar did something. also, lots of hours for does, who didnt understand it @ first would have been saved and maybe also your 20 hours reasearch + plus making a pdf + all this posts here could have been saved....maybe! but its always good to have more and different tutorials, cause everybody does them different and not everybody understands them straight away! anyway, thx for your time and work for the comm, u did a good job and hope to see more of ya^^ and ofc, welcome to the forum too.

:P

what are u triying to express or tell us cathy, sweety!? i dont get it, sry....or u finally got it?!  :lol:  i know, he did a good job^^

• 8 months later...

I'll refer to my part on page 3 which is the most important part of streaming legally.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

As much as the advice is being given here, you must buy your music and pay the royalties on the music you play, even if private streaming in your room.  It doesn't matter that you purchase your music, you must have the expressed written consent to broadcast it "on air" also know as "streaming" otherwise you have to pay the royalties.  Even if you buy the music, make it into a mix, you still have to pay for the use of the music.  Below is a really good site to do that and they pay the royalties from the fee you pay them as well as keep track for you of the music you play by keeping track of what you play as you provide your stream(s) information.  http://www.streamlicensing.com/