3DXChat Community

Moderators Needed ... Yes or No?

CrazyAli

Moderators yes or no?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Moderators needed in-world, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

God forbid that we bring moderators back from the grave to this game.

Iam one of the old players that have seen the age of moderators that were actuall players in the game, and guess what ?

It didnt work, one mod comes into my mind like a horror movie Bran, those who have been here for a year or a bit longer will remember that name. She was obssesed with power she had, threats were real from her, condensending tone of speech, and if she didnt like you for any reason you would be banned for at least 24 hours without any given reason. Power corrupts i will not go in for full details but it didnt work then and it wont work now. What should be done is fully functional ignore as many of people suggesting here. The button that at your whim cuts all interraction that you are in charge off. Simple as that

I will suggest that there always two side of a story before throwing stones around. 

So I would personnal refrain to slander anyone in game over personnal experience without getting the whole story. 

As much as I didn't agree with every decision and how things were back then, I would say that she did the best she should with a difficult situation. The situation wasn't as black and white as some would like it.

Plus, only a few know even within the older player, she put countless hours trying to find new ideas, clothings and trying to get new content into the game. There were regular meeting as she was making sure that what she heard from community get to the admins. The first redoing of Love Island is the result of that.

She push more than anyone else I know here to make 3DXchat into the game that it could be. 

Like milla said, she was hot temper and couldn't stand seeing people get hurt because of the drama. She wasn't perfect and she was the first to admit it.

You just need to go so the topic about describing yourself in 5 words. You will get it from her own words. 

Bran biggest flaw to my opinion was that she liked that game too much and gave everything she could to make it into what it could be. You might critic the methods, but I know that it harder to critic the intent. 

There always two side of a story. 

She push more than anyone else I know here to make 3DXchat into the game that it could be. 

I absolutely agree with Skar. I didn't agree with everything Bran did, either. But she had a vision of this game as a place where anyone of any sexual identity could come and be free to express themselves. And she donated hours and hours of her time to try to achieve that. 

If i can ask, what is wrong with the current ignore button? What part of it isnt working how people want? I only ask because nobody is on my block list so i have no clue.

The biggest issue is that if you block someone, you can't see them, but they can still see you. It might not seem like a big deal, but the person you block could start to masturbate on you in front of your friends, and you would never know it. Yes, it's just pixels. So there is no real harm. But blocking someone should provide equal protection by making both parties invisible to each other.  

Someone stated that in-game moderation causes issues as much as it solves? Where? What game has that ever been true? I have played various MMO's and even virtual worlds as this one. And its always benefited never causes more issues. Granted there has to be rules and guidelines. And one major one all places kept was : the moderator did not actively play the game only worked for the company to moderate it. When you try to personalize moderation then it does not work. Because they gain favors etc with people and it leans to becoming unfair. This is why personal attachments are avoided.

The main issue why it was a problem here was the aforementioned. They built relations, it was personalized, so of course it was going to lead down to issues.

Racist-a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.  

It would be more like being prejudiced- The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions

That is why I said ALMOST. And your definitions isn't the only definitions of racism and prejudice there are. Read what I am saying before getting butthurt.

But I agree that it is more like prejudice. Just don't be THAT guy RobT, the guy that lashes out and corrects everyone and are serious about it. Trust me, NO ONE likes that guy.

In real life police dosent look over your shoulder evry second of your existens, and what says they wont be like that particular person ? 

The mods can't to that if they were in 3DXChat. They are in the public places, or at friends places. In public places, like these in game represent, there is always an authority figure somehow. 

And your last sentence is quite prejudice against mods. It is like we would say that all Swedish people have blonde hair and blue eyes, and we don't, right Greywind? ;)

Back on topic. This place doesnt needs mods. What it does need is ignore to work correctly and the ability to boot people from private rooms. Yes i know you can just close the room but seems off to have to close a full room just because one idiot ruins it.

I will suggest that there always two side of a story before throwing stones around. 

So I would personnal refrain to slander anyone in game over personnal experience without getting the whole story. 

As much as I didn't agree with every decision and how things were back then, I would say that she did the best she should with a difficult situation. The situation wasn't as black and white as some would like it.

Plus, only a few know even within the older player, she put countless hours trying to find new ideas, clothings and trying to get new content into the game. There were regular meeting as she was making sure that what she heard from community get to the admins. The first redoing of Love Island is the result of that.

Like milla said, she was hot temper and couldn't stand seeing people get hurt because of the drama. She wasn't perfect and she was the first to admit it.

You just need to go so the topic about describing yourself in 5 words. You will get it from her own words. 

Bran biggest flaw to my opinion was that she liked that game too much and gave everything she could to make it into what it could be. You might critic the methods, but I know that it harder to critic the intent. 

There always two side of a story. 

Well lots of ideas commin from us players, and if there wood be tools that we could use that are compatible with the game there would be much content as well, that could be tested and patched in on weekly or monthly basis. Dont come and make her for what she is not. Brans biggest flaw isnt that she loved the game to much its that she got obssesed with power that game provided to her. I mean when she says that game will die without her and without her there wouldnt be a game, hey look mate 1 year later we are still here, and game runs smoothly but ehmm i cant see 1 component. And thats just my 2 cents, i know lots of people that left cause of her, or were pissed at her, couple of them still in the game, and hmmm game started to grow faster without her, what is the explanation ? I mean when u couldnt sit on deck on yacht with 5 of your friends before she would come and u would get ban cause she said it was group within the game. Dude there is a lot of those cases.

I mean when u couldnt sit on deck on yacht with 5 of your friends before she would come and u would get ban cause she said it was group within the game. Dude there is a lot of those cases.

That is truth. I remember that good. 

Well lots of ideas commin from us players, and if there wood be tools that we could use that are compatible with the game there would be much content as well, that could be tested and patched in on weekly or monthly basis. Dont come and make her for what she is not. Brans biggest flaw isnt that she loved the game to much its that she got obssesed with power that game provided to her. I mean when she says that game will die without her and without her there wouldnt be a game, hey look mate 1 year later we are still here, and game runs smoothly but ehmm i cant see 1 component. And thats just my 2 cents, i know lots of people that left cause of her, or were pissed at her, couple of them still in the game, and hmmm game started to grow faster without her, what is the explanation ? I mean when u couldnt sit on deck on yacht with 5 of your friends before she would come and u would get ban cause she said it was group within the game. Dude there is a lot of those cases.

I am just saying that you are not telling the whole story and only what is useful to prove your point. As you might as read before, I did say that I didn't agree with everything. I don't feel like I need to get into the detail of my disagreements in public. 

Well, that is enough for me, I won't talk about someone that isn't there to tell her version of the story. Feel free to slander at your heart content.

And feel free to propose any useful idea instead of dwelling in the past.  

while we are at it lets publicly flog people who send 20 mass invites in 20 minutes and morons to park there avi 3 inches from your nose and just stand there for 10 minutes

I am just saying that you are not telling the whole story and only what is useful to prove your point. As you might as read before, I did say that I didn't agree with everything. I don't feel like I need to get into the detail of my disagreements in public. 

Well, that is enough for me, I won't talk about someone that isn't there to tell her version of the story. Feel free to slander at your heart content.

And feel free to propose any useful idea instead of dwelling in the past.  

Well this slander has concrete evidence behind the words, so before you say iam slendering here you should ask what do i know of this story and how many points of the story i know ? Or you think i just spewing words out of blue ?

And skar if i remember correctly you were one of mods back then. Thou you had your mod status for like 1 month or so, correct me if iam wrong. 

And i did proposed ideas but some just read what they want to read, but for you i will repeat, fixing ignore that ignores the core account and not just avatar, it cuts all communication and interractions as fast as you placed on ignore list. 

Second is the lack of content which can be fixed by releasing tools for redacting the game, that could be patched into the game on weekly or monthly basis after we vote what we want to see in the game and after it goes through checks by devs.

while we are at it lets publicly flog people who send 20 mass invites in 20 minutes and morons to park there avi 3 inches from your nose and just stand there for 10 minutes

Just to match the flogging session. I love that song. 

Fit for flogging ! 

Well this slander has concrete evidence behind the words, so before you say iam slendering here you should ask what do i know of this story and how many points of the story i know ? Or you think i just spewing words out of blue ?

And skar if i remember correctly you were one of mods back then. Thou you had your mod status for like 1 month or so, correct me if iam wrong. 

And i did proposed ideas but some just read what they want to read, but for you i will repeat, fixing ignore that ignores the core account and not just avatar, it cuts all communication and interractions as fast as you placed on ignore list. 

Second is the lack of content which can be fixed by releasing tools for redacting the game, that could be patched into the game on weekly or monthly basis after we vote what we want to see in the game and after it goes through checks by devs.

Bitch, y'all just jealous Bran was my daddy. Oh, and pink usernames. Everyone envies pink usernames.

Loki, getting bored I see ;)

Yes, ive heard alllll these things before, a lot of these threads are like a bunch of broken records!

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to get back in-game so i can pm random people, asking them what their favourite cheese is and if they think satan is hot.

First of dunno who has weird idea of game growing, i only see new people avis everyday , but about the same amount of player which points to diferent conclusion then game growing. 

On this note i agree with Skar's advice for Profile ID.

As for Moderators in the sense that Skar said i would agree , but that's sort of where the devs going aswell so it is not much of an input, they could improve alot yes, but they are doing the exactly the same thing Skar was talking about.

As for moderators in the sense that we had them before, oh no, hell no, never again. People who play the game and know other people can never be not biased we saw them abusing power fro quite a while and changing or choosing people who are mods won;t change that, people will abuse the power they get eventualy. And another issue with that, people won;t want to be mods for joy of it the only that will want that will be people who want control and power, even in the old days when mods were around they were always looking for new mods, noone wanted to be one people somehow forget that. So now we would have to find a willing person and fit for mods duty you wouldn't get a number of mods thats needed this way.

As anyone could had guessed i voted "no".

Fixed ignore button would do and better reporting system, not that i use any of those things really, i get rarely trolled or offended but when i do , i welcome the hell out of it and turn it around on them, thats how i liek to deal with rude people.

Best,

Dande.

Profile ID ? x)

This is the question of the independence and interest in roleplay . And this is about "control and power" too .

It will destroy one of the rules of roleplay and the main principle of roleplay . No one should know the different characters of one person . It would be stupid if you play the role of the police man/woman and some idiot will come up to you (before looking at your profile ID) and will call the name of your another character ( maybe you stripdancer or prisoner for example ) .

Yes we need to correct ignore button maybe and may be we need some kind of "kick outside the room" button function . But there is such a thing as the sanctity of personal space ,and it will be foolish to sacrifice in the name of someone's desires surveillance or stalking or same , idk .

Just relax and no pay attention on mindplayers and brainf*ckers .