3DXChat Community

Moderators Needed ... Yes or No?

CrazyAli

Moderators yes or no?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Moderators needed in-world, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Guest MatoKuroi

I like to see how many say no, because I think they know that many things will not remain as he would like.
So that's a "yes" to take me.

Do we need moderator in game ? I can't answers that question with a simple yes or no. 

Yes, having moderator got it advantages and as Sage as said before, it come with it set of drawbacks.

I really think a lot of older players that doesn't want moderator in game are worried that it would be implement like the time before. It doesn't need to be that way at all. 

Now, about the feature that could be improve which doesn't involve mods : 

• A fully functional ignore feature... working both side and blocking every possible interraction. 
  • We need a way to track report and make sure there been resolve or if our report been rejected, we get to know why.  (A ticket tracking system like OTRS) 
  • A build-in way to make screenshot and report them. 
  • It would be interesting if we could have a in-game logging of our chats and that way it could be sent for review. (I know that if it on client side, it could get altered. Just need to think of a good way to implement it)
  • The display in the profil of every AVI a unique ID that is associated to the account. That way it is easier to spot ALT from a same account. I have seen it in other game. I know some people won't like it since they can't go on ALT to have peace. Even if it not a popular idea I think it could help solving some of the bad behavior we get in game. 

Now, about having moderator in game. I would only consider moderator coming back to those conditions : 

• A moderator CAN'T be a regular player. He should be hired by 3dxchat for working and his tasks should be 3dxchat related.
  • A moderator could also take care of the report that are sent. He doesn't need to be in game all the time. 
  • A moderator while been in game should be invisible and at no time players should know that a situation is reviewed. I know that some people won't like the idea to be observe. But sometime, been there is the only way to get the proper context in a situation. 
  • A moderator using immediate ban should only at last and it should be properly documented. Most ban should be because of report and in game ban should only be used at a last option.  
  • A moderator should never get involve in game drama between players and act only if rules are broken. 

Another really important point that been brought before it the urgent need to clarified the rules and make sure they are much more precise and easy to understand. This alone could help player to know what is acceptable or not. 

So, I think that the game got much more to gain if it had a dedicated support staff that take time to reply to the reports tickets and if need be can come in-game as "ghost moderator" if a situation is urgent. 

At the end, the most important it so that everyone have a good time in game and that 3dxchat can grow as a diverse and welcoming community. 

Skar

another balanced and useful opinion on this issue which I like and shared. this discussion is also very useful since it is in the dialogue and born here such decisions.

the case for small - to developers heard us. BTW also offer to support the topic of the right ignore in the topic Patch 255 & above

Do we need moderator in game ? I can't answers that question with a simple yes or no. 

Yes, having moderator got it advantages and as Sage as said before, it come with it set of drawbacks.

[...]

So, I think that the game got much more to gain if it had a dedicated support staff that take time to reply to the reports tickets and if need be can come in-game as "ghost moderator" if a situation is urgent. 

At the end, the most important it so that everyone have a good time in game and that 3dxchat can grow as a diverse and welcoming community. 

Agree with all what Skar say here. The most intelligent post I read on the subject for a long time ago from someone who really knows what we are talking about atm. A lot of interesting technical proposals in this post.

As Camden and Skar saying, a moderator can't be an active player : we're all humans here, have our friends, and remain impartial is too difficult for a player. Moderation is a job, not an hobby. We've seen in the past what it could give...

BUT...

I like to see how many say no, because I think they know that many things will not remain as he would like.

MatoKuroi's right too... Some people say "no" but not for the good reason. Some of the fiercest opponents to moderation today were strong supporters yesterday (one year ago?), cause yes they KNOW that some bullshit practices would no longer be accepted if new mods are not friends of them. So i think the "yes" as "no" are right and the truth is between the two proposals. In this the post of Skar give good technical answers.

The top priority atm is to put up an ignore system totally effective and efficient. Next we'll see.

My 2 cents.

I voted no just because i do not feel its really needed.

I would personally like to see the devs put their money into memorable and meaningful updates to game play. A third party moderator IMHO is not priority on the list of spending. I was not around for when we had players moderating. No idea the drama it caused. I heard mixed results from veteran friends. Some liked it others thought it was not needed. I have no idea. 

I would like to see new locations. New poses. New cloths for both sexes. More customization all around. Minor fixes and tweaks including a better ignore system.  Equality in almost every dynamic of the game before they decide to spend our money we pay on Moderators. There is so much they could do to make the game better right now that i just do not see mods as being to high on the list. For huge majority who do not get involved in drama. In game moderation would feel like another wasted dollar from the devs.  

I don't know... I just feel the game has way more area's that need attention right now. 

I THINK only moderators in local , Only to be used in personal malicious situations , if someone is bieng extremely rude and attacking ones personal well bieng, names and rude comments should atleast get a warning andandif persistant should be blobked out..I believe most people are respective of others, so largely speaking most are friendly and just looking for fun and meeting people.How ever I had one recent experience were someone was making fun of canada and Canadians and calling me names, that pissed me off and even forced me to leave...So in some situations when someone is bieng personally rude amd ruining people's funfun then the person shpuld be flagged warned that this behavior is not to be tolerated , and if not changed then they should be banned, so I believe only in extreme situations a mediator is needed ..

Why do people always wanna be controled?

Don't get it, I wanna be free...at least in a game.

I wasn't going to comment on this topic as its all been said before 100 times.. and im not going to give my opinion on yes or no to mods.. but deano.. I have to comment on your post..

a lot has been said about freedom etc in the past week.. but people need to remember that freedom comes with responsibilities.. unfortunately there are a few people who abuse this and ruin it for others..

I don't believe mods would control you. You control yourself, and should take responsibility for your own actions.. mods only control those who abuse the game and other players.. not saying im in favour of them, im on the fence..

now, its my turn lol,

as a lot of people know I would love the mods back in game, but and its a BIG BUTT,i have been thinking on it, (I know I am blond, but I do think on stuff) anyway....................................... if the developers where to bring back sex free areas, I think most of the problems would go away, we could have the end beaches and the island at the beach as sex zones, the back rooms, Bathroom and dark room at the club as sex zones. the back rooms at Sin as sex zones, all decks on the boat , baring the areas we come in on,

every where on love island, after all it is love island, Then fix the block so as it works as a complete block like in Eros Island. andi thought if we can have our friends showing over all of our alternate Avatars, like when we block someone, that also would stop a little bit of the heartache, and maybe I can stop being a dog catcher, thanks for reading this rant

JUST SAYIN

So that's a "yes" to take me.

Aha...so everybody voting with "no" is a bugger/jerk? Seriously? And always also male ("as HE would like")? omg.....but nevertheless: thank you for sharing your opinion.

and... about moderators...

The moderator should be a player. It should be highlighted. The presence of a moderator in a public location will reduce the number of violations to a minimum :)
The moderator should help players solve problems. And should have the right to throw player Avatar of the game (such as an 1-2 hours) - for violating the rules of the game.

The moderator should be a player. It should be highlighted. The presence of a moderator in a public location will reduce the number of violations to a minimum :)

The moderator should help players solve problems. And should have the right to throw player Avatar of the game (such as an 1-2 hours) - for violating the rules of the game.

All what you write here it has long passed the stage and just forgotten history.

Ok . i sillent . lol

I don't agree with you that the moderator must be a player, I think all the old players know how it ends, if the moderator is a player he makes his subjective component in the resolution of disputes and disagreements in the game, namely the moderator acts on the sympathy and sentiment, and protects his friends,this should not be so. The moderator must be objective, he should not be a player and he should not visible in the game, he must be an observer but not a participant.

P.S. I am totally against moderators in the game, and this post is just my opinion on what should be a moderator  :)  thx

About having a moderator with an ingame avatar, it might seen counter intuitive but it didn't reduce the number of violation, what happen it fairly the opposite. 

Yes, even ingame mod can get trolled or some players would break the rules just to keep our night busy. 

The reason might be that the mod were also player and there was some bad blood between some mod and the players. It doesn't change the fact that there were more puny breaking of rule. I use to have to warn people almost every night about jerking off on people. 

So the constant presence of autority ingame can encourage players to misbehave knowing that they can come back anyway. 

So yes, having ingame mod can solve some of the most urgent situation but at the same time, it doesn't really reduce the average of infraction. 

It the reason I suggest before that moderators should be invisible when they are log in game. They are there to observe and not interact with player. They can ban if needed and commuication between a mod and a player should be strictly in the context of his fonctions.