3DXChat Community

Moderators Needed ... Yes or No?

CrazyAli

Moderators yes or no?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Moderators needed in-world, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

There were moderators in-world at one time, but was pulled by the development team for ... reasons ( I really dont want to go into the details now about it). Regardless I keep seeing this topic brought up time and time again. So I just felt like creating this thread to get the general census from everyone if they feel the game is running smoothly without in-world moderators or not. Anyway post anyway, give your opinions on the matter, whether good or bad.

I suppose I can start us off. I honestly feel there should be moderators within 3dx. It is an adult game, and because of that we should all behave like adults. But with our numbers increasing in-world, I also feel some safety measure should be taken. The developers I know are coming out with more zones to navigate and places to visit. And because of this there may or may not be more rules implemented for certain zones. And who upholds those rules? Anyway, I will start rambling soon, I just feel there should be someone we can run crying to if we get our feelings hurt is all :P

I don't believe that moderators are necessary or desirable. There needs to be the safety net of knowing that what goes on between players and the conversations they have are private and free from snooping.  Options exist to deal with problems, such as blocking players or reporting problems to the developers.

That said, the developers do need to enforce the rules more tightly that everyone agrees to abide by when signing up. For example, there are players who operate with the names of real people in the public domain - this technically breaks the rules - not to mention players who use offensive names. While these are few and far between, they do exist - the player who has a name associated with rape for example, who also goes round telling others he will rape them - this is unacceptable in every respect and should be dealt with.

But enforcing the rules and having constant observation by mods are two different things.

I don't believe that moderators are necessary or desirable. There needs to be the safety net of knowing that what goes on between players and the conversations they have are private and free from snooping.  Options exist to deal with problems, such as blocking players or reporting problems to the developers.

That said, the developers do need to enforce the rules more tightly that everyone agrees to abide by when signing up. For example, there are players who operate with the names of real people in the public domain - this technically breaks the rules - not to mention players who use offensive names. While these are few and far between, they do exist - the player who has a name associated with rape for example, who also goes round telling others he will rape them - this is unacceptable in every respect and should be dealt with.

But enforcing the rules and having constant observation by mods are two different things.

Right and I agree with you Laura, and thank you for you're input. Im sure there would have to be extreme circumstances as to have to involve an ingame moderator like before, but still.... Anyway thank you for you're input none the less. I also want to try and keep this thread "flame" free. So noone bash anyone for their opinions on this.

Thank you very much

No.

All I need is a proper (100%) working ignore function, and better handling of reports.

Getting your feelings hurt can be avoided, it's all about the power you give others.

When out of control, one of those two options above are enough. At most all you have to fear is :

x2h1nJ3.jpg

EQnTnZ4.jpg

Which tells you a lot about those people, and how much worthy of other people's energy they are.

On the other hand, forum sure could use an extra eye, but that's off topic.

No.

All I need is a proper (100%) working ignore function, and better handling of reports.

Getting your feelings hurt can be avoided, it's all about the power you give others.

When out of control, one of those two options above are enough. At most all you have to fear is :

x2h1nJ3.jpg

EQnTnZ4.jpg

Which tells you a lot about those people, and how much worthy of other people's energy they are.

On the other hand, forum sure could use an extra eye, but that's off topic.

Oh hehe, sorry I was being sarcastic with saying if I get my feelings hurt lol. Whoops (insert sarcasm button broke) haha... anyway thank you for you're input shanti.

I was friends with many of the former moderators, benefited from their help several times, and I honestly thought that this place would go right down the crapper when they left. 

I was totally, absolutely, 100% mistaken. 

So, I agree with what Shanti said above. And will only add (for the umpteenth time) that in-game moderation causes as many problems as it solves.

Chose NO

Vote for true ignore button)) I wrote about it in the topic about the last patch.
And we need to save chat logs to solve a real problems, if ignore cannot help in some rare cases. But it is work of admins not moderators, which is the same (crazy) players as others.

:lol: @Ali !!! i figured as much, was more of an advice for people having to deal with such issues.

I'm totally hug attacking you when I see you !!!

oops off topic :ph34r: ~tip toes out

05fe1f3eafbbb0_full.gif

You can try miss shanti, but I am the ever elusive, most nimble footed, slippery when wet *winks*, trickster that ever did trick. . . . . .ok im done now. In conclusion ...

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Guest MatoKuroi

For me it would be better to have, because the game is a real jungle, its fairly easy to insult and believes that any license, because it is on a sex game.
And I think that's not the players choose if there is to be moderating or not in the game, moderators are part of the game

Edit :   And if the players do not want to moderators it is also because they can not do what he want. The moderators should be there to "finalize stories"

Sometimes in 3DXChat when trolls start insulting me or people in general, I wish there were mods there to ban them, just so they get taught a lesson.

I know, I know revenge shouldn't be a reason for mods to exist, they should be the developers and the justice's eyes in game.

I think mods will work, if they carefully appoint them and the devs have them on a leash. 

If it were to be mods, which I think will happen now some point down the road, because as the game grows, trolls grow in number, and who ever controls the reports in game will have too many reports coming in. And too many people don't even report the trolls. I remember one incident where even people in game started to take the trolls side and started to bully one person in particular, and nothing was done.

A mod would have been nice then, because then I wouldn't have too screencapture five different chats, and five different people.

That is my opinion, although a smoother report and ignore system in game would also solve a lot of problems I agree.

Moderators in this game, will happen one day as the game grows they will need to have moderators to keep disruptive behaviours at bay. I think it will be a good idea to have moderators BUT to keep them in secret and only choose people they know won't abuse their moderator privileges and announce they are moderators as people will act differently in game if they are around.

I have seen my fair share of abuse to other players in game through Local and World chat. Especially recently in the night club, as we have had some people be very disruptive and rude in the Night Club recently. I won't say any names as this is a public forum but I am sure some people here will know who I mean who spend their time in the Night Club.

But overall it would be good to have Mods in the game just to keep bad behaviour at bay, as, as many of you have said, more people join each day and eventually there may be too many people for the Devs to take care of so having mods would be a good idea and will help relieve pressure on the devs a bit. Even if its not now, but sometime down the line of the games life.

Kind Regards

MrAsh

I don't think we necessarily need mods..more like people that can help out the newbies with how things work, Maybe even give a tour, guidelines, links to the forum.. A time set or 2 for welcoming newbies to 3dxchat . But that could be a whole new topic Lol.

I don't think we necessarily need mods..more like people that can help out the newbies with how things work, Maybe even give a tour, guidelines, links to the forum.. A time set or 2 for welcoming newbies to 3dxchat . But that could be a whole new topic Lol.

like.jpg

Many words have been written about this ...problem . No , No problems here .

Anyway this vote will not give to us anything . A big percentage of players is not have the forum for several reasons . 

People who have no problems in the game (and who know something about "report" button) will not even look in this topic because it was discussed a lot and spend time on it no one wants .

My opinion : no need mods here .

Today I saw one man was trying to insult people who badly know English . The conflict was solved but what I noticed . Instead explain to this person his error or report him , ppl just started to defend themselves verbally or respond to aggressive . Don't be lazy , read the rules or ask your friend or on the forum to explain them to you , just use this report or ignore function . No need to do the problem yourself .

In the game there are people who help newcomers , not much but anyway respect for that .

I think forum needs moderation, lots of spam, plenty of topics that need to be merged, proper FAQ stickied out and stop of the idiotic image spam in topics that don't need it even the layout is mess lately, (looking at you open forum) I also wonder why people did not trolled this topic yet. I guess they are sleeping or something. some of my good friends like Freya stopped visiting forums because it just mess.

now in game, that's different thing.

I don't think we need people who watch over our heads how we play. BUT we should have proper support, proper reporting staff that you could sent complain and it would be checked.

Most of things here are petty dramas from broken hearted people, but then I saw some really nasty trolling and exploiting that needs to be punished.

Same as someone who fucks with multiple people and not in good way because they can afford multiple accounts. Multiboxing in game like this should not be acceptable, if it's used to exploit other people.

So I am going to vote on yes, however I wish this poll had more options such as forum ones, better ignore list, better reporting function and actually reports that someone actually read.

Voted with "no" as I think we don't neccessarily need ingame moderators. For me moderators would kill somehow the feeling of being really free. Freedom is really important for me.

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not bugging anyone cause I will never understand why this should be fun. Fun is when it is fun for everybody involved. It's that simple.

First step should be, as already mentioned, a good and fully working ignore function. Second would be to implement that cuddles/kisses are only working for friends. Maybe as an option.  I really hate cold cuddles/kisses.

Regarding newcomers: I started here about 4 or 5 weeks ago and I can say if you just chat/ask gently it won't take too long time to find some nice gal/person that is willing or even happy  to show you the game.

Just my 2 cents.

My vote has to be yes from what I've seen yesterday evening at sin club. I'm not here to polemize but i think the game need, at least like all other online games, conciliators and a better ignore fonction.

I think it will be a good idea to have moderators BUT to keep them in secret and only choose people they know won't abuse their moderator privileges and announce they are moderators as people will act differently in game if they are around.

Agree, secret moderators would be good. That under no circumstances can tell people that they are mods, because then they don't get to be mods

If you look at all that is written here emerges the right decision. people don't need guards moderators. people need a properly functioning ignore function. In addition they need to have a place to complain about people who don't understand words. And so that this complaint was dismantled.

As for secret moderators it seems to me that this idea won't work. Perhaps it would be better to have a system of informants among the concerned people. But it seems to me, it is already there. Another thing is that someone  should work with it. And he, I believe, should not be a player.

I do not think moderators in game are needed. Better reporting and ignore features should work. However, in order to do that there would need to be more people in place to monitor reports and take prompt action. The person submitting the report should know that their report has been received and is being investigated. There should be a time frame to how long it takes as well with follow-up to the resolution and action taken. I have read in previous threads that people have used the feature and crickets.

That being said, I think those two features can work just as well as in game moderation. Maybe reports can come through moderators or admins connected to the forum. (the forum, by the way could use some restructuring and moderation. How about archiving topics, making thread length limits? Merging topics? Anyway, off topic.) Back to the topic at hand, it may also be wise to revisit the rules and make sure that they are clear to everyone playing the game. In fact, maybe add a link on the login screen to the rules. Just a thought.

If in game moderators are chosen then they need to not be players. I don't think that can work. There should not be bonds and friendships formed between players and moderators. So choosing an existing player who has already formed these bonds, is not a good idea in my opinion. Not if you want moderation to be effective.  It could cause things to get murky, some preference to be made, and well, I will leave it at that.