3DXChat Community

So Roleplaying in local is No-No?

Nikki

I see nothing wrong with open RP chat in local, although most of my non user rooms play is in PM mode, by my partners preference. I'm not offended by anyone openly playing, but I do feel the awkwardness when someone comments negatively when I'm doing it. My most common local chat RP is in NC, someone always pulls my dress off me, and makes me chase them all around room naked, and pass and toss it amongst others playing along, it's incredibly fun, erotic and harmless!!!! I'd just say, go for it, unless they make official rules otherwise. As far as I can see, it is all part of the game!!!!

:wub: Karla :wub:

Peanut gallery opinion to be sure, but I don't understand why anyone would complain about chat activity anywhere that doesn't violate the terms of service and rules of conduct. Its an adult themed game, full of adult activities and content. We all come together as a community, and for different reasons. Some rp, some do not. But at no time anywhere should anyone try and force the way that they enjoy 3dxchat onto someone else. Its a simple fundamental matter of respecting the people around you and that they are different from yourself or yer partner(s). We all have the capability to control what, and who, we see and don't see in world with the ignore feature. My recommendation would be that if anyone took offence to yer rp that they exercised that feature and left you to enjoy yer game with the ones that you choose. Do yer thing, enjoy the game as it was intended, rp yer little heart out. And anyone that doesnt enjoy or appreciate that can put on their big boy and girl pants and deal with it, in my opinion.

Well, that is an interesting subject and one that come back from time to time. 

First, 3dxchat is an adult game which mostly mean that the game should be played by adults. I don't really care if people are here for sex, socialize and we all got our own valid reason for be in the game. One of the main reason why I enjoy 3dxchat is the diversity of the community. 

Second, even if it roleplaying a character or a digital manifestation of real life self, I think descriptive chat is the lifeblood of a game like 3dxchat, Without the descriptive prose, well, 3dxchat is quite empty of life and end up been a lot of pretty graphics. 

Now for the main subject of this topic, I think that descriptive chat to have it place in local if it is within the limit of the game's rules.  If the describe scene (RP) is for enjoyment of others and in anyway to annoyed anyone, why not. I personally prefer if it match the setting where it happen. I won't RP the same at the Night Club then by exemple the Sin Club. By the way, I mean sexual or not since for me it is pretty much the same. 

I would still give a word of advice for the adventurous minds and the one that might want to do RP in public that might shock some players, I would personally use the group chat feature for those RP session since I think that public RP should be done in a context that is enjoyable for the most people. If most of the room want to run and flee the room, I am not sure it the best for the game. 

About the one that are intolerant about RP in pubic at all, it will always happen, even if the RPer (descriptive chatter) are respectful of there surrounding, someone willl complained about the activity on the local chat and that it should be done in private. The only efficient way to solve that issue is simply to temporaly add the player complaining in the ignore list and remove them later. Sure, they might not like it but if you are RPing in a repestful manner and not disturbing... you are not doing anything wrong. Well, if most of the room is complaining about the public RP, I would personally move the public scene to a group chat with the participating members. 

Now, to the person that really dislike the public display of RP or descriptive chat, I would recommand to use the ignore feature for the time of the scene and remove to actor later. Sure, some people might get offended because you add them on your ignore list but I think that it easily understandable that it nothing personal and only a temporary situation. The ignore feature is actually really useful for those kind of matter, which is sadly not was efficient when it come to stop harassement. 

Now, I would like to add that I really enjoy organized event that encourage RPing or descriptive chat.

I am brewing at the moment two little projects that might happen if enough peoples are interested. 

Two possible events at the Sin Club :

A BDSM/Fetish night show at the Sin Club

Appropriate Mix Music for the event 

Show on stage exploring with Dom/Sub (Doesn't have to be sexual but also explore the relation of power)

A Strip Night at the Sin Club

Strip music for dancers 

Spot light on the dancer as the local will be used for descriptive dance and the patron that cheer them. 

Possible contest (not sure about that one)

Those are exemple of RPing event that could be interesting and leave more room on local for been descriptive. 

Anyway, here is my 4 cents on the matter :)

Like others I don't mind as long as it isn't against the rules.

Personally I keep it private when I'm intimitate with my partner though.

I don't want others to participate.

There is no rule against it so you ppl need to stop getting so full of your selfs  and let ppl enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it.. unless you are paying for their subscription you have 0 rights to tell them how to play it and there is also a ignore function if you are that anal about it

There is no rule against it so you ppl need to stop getting so full of your selfs  and let ppl enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it.. unless you are paying for their subscription you have 0 rights to tell them how to play it and there is also a ignore function if you are that anal about it

Rule number 1:

You agree not to do any of the following:

2.01. Excessive use of bad language.

Most sexual role plays involve the use of bad language.. So yes, some role plays in local and world can break the rules.. Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you have the right to what ever you want!

Personally I don't care about people rp in public. Its usually so bad its comical and gives me a good laugh..

At the end of the day its about respecting the other players in the room.

There is no rule against it so you ppl need to stop getting so full of your selfs  and let ppl enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it.

Rule number 1:

I am not in favor of in-game moderation, but I do think that there are times like this when the Administrators really need to step up and take responsibility for clarifying here in the forum what is or isn't acceptable in-game behavior.  

This is similar to the old rule about no sex on the dance floor at the Night Club. It used to exist and was strictly enforced for a long time, but then was suddenly deleted with little or no explanation. Naturally, there was trouble when new people who knew nothing of the rule came in and started bonking at the feet of people who thought that the old rule was still in effect.

It is the responsibility of the Administrators to clarify!

Rule number 1:

Most sexual role plays involve the use of bad language.. So yes, some role plays in local and world can break the rules.. Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you have the right to what ever you want!

Personally I don't care about people rp in public. Its usually so bad its comical and gives me a good laugh..

At the end of the day its about respecting the other players in the room.

uh no unless it's specifically written im gonna go with no it's not against the rules

Kinda want to weigh in on this subject.

While 3DX is gonna be different things for different people, for a lot of us it's a social venue where normal sexual taboos don't exist. That's kinda its draw, for me and for a lot of other people. Take that away and it becomes a social platform with pretty pictures and little else.

Anyone can hit an icon and put their avi in a sexual pose with me, but if that's all they do I have to admit to getting bored really quickly. In some places a picture might be worth a thousand words; here it's just the opposite, at least for me. What separates a good lover from a bad lover here is the description, saying or emoting things that heighten the experience above and beyond the visual. There's a talent to that, and it's one that seems sorely missing from this place a lot of the time. So when I do find it, I get all giddy, becasue that's the difference between a satisfying experience and one that isn't, at least here, at least for me.

So, does it belong in Local chat though? I think there are times it does, yes. I have a bit of the exhibitionist in me, as I'm sure a lot of other people here do too. And it's a totally different exprience when RPing in Private chat versus Local chat. There are times when I want to just be intimate with one or two or three people (hint: need group sex ani's for more than 3 peoples, like nao! :P ), and in those cases, when what I'm doing is confined to just those people, I'll use Private or Group. But if I'm in a public place, and the things I'm doing can be seen or heard or smelt of felt by others around me, I'm not going to limit my descriptions to Private messages or even Group chat. Quite honestly, that takes all the fun out of it for me and leaves the exhibitionist in me sorely disappointed.

From what I've seen, the Sin Club seems more appropriate to this kind of exhibitionism than does the Night Club. But, then again, that's kinda the draw of exhibitionism. The inappropriateness is almost as important as the fact that it's in public in the first place. So that makes the NC a perfect target for raunchy, nasty public behavior that fulfills that exhibitionist need in me. That said, since I know it's inappropriate, I should go into it expecting some backlash from others there. And I can choose to ignore that backlash and continue what I'm doing and risk whatever the consequences are, or give in and go off to somewhere more private. Me, I'll choose the first option, since that risk only adds to the excitement for me. ;)

Finally, I'd think people would welcome some activity in Local in any case. Been deader than dead in Local a lot of the time I've been on recently. :(

uh no unless it's specifically written im gonna go with no it's not against the rules

Depends on the type of role play, which is why I said SOME role plays would break the rules, not ALL of them.. Role playing as a huge duck waddling through the night club would not break the rules. Role playing as dom getting nasty with his 'bitch' probably would.. All depends on what words are used.. Cant really imagine a dom not using excessive bad language.. Which btw is written in black and white in the rules. It couldn't be clearer. Right at the tope of the list.

When you sign up to play this game you agree to abide by the rules.. So its not unreasonable to expect some kind of reaction when a player uses excessive bad language during a role play in public chats.

The decent and respectful people who play this game play by the rules. The rest of the people don't. Its much the same as real life. Only difference here is that the rules are hardly ever enforced by the Admins/Devs. This then creates a situation where players have to speak up for them selves and others that are being offended by the rule breaking. Which in turn causes the players who have no respect for the rules or anyone else but them selves to accuse them of being full of them selves and hide behind the fact its a 'sex game' and 'they pay to play it' to preach that they can do what they like. Then it just turns into one big drama. Its a never ending circle.

I totally get the exhibitionist fantasy some players have and why they would enjoy sex and sexual role play in the middle of the dance floor in the night club. But to do it and not expect some kind of negative reaction is pretty ignorant if you ask me. Especially if the role play is using excessive bad language.

Depends on the type of role play, which is why I said SOME role plays would break the rules, not ALL of them.. Role playing as a huge duck waddling through the night club would not break the rules. Role playing as dom getting nasty with his 'bitch' probably would.. All depends on what words are used.. Cant really imagine a dom not using excessive bad language.. Which btw is written in black and white in the rules. It couldn't be clearer. Right at the tope of the list.

When you sign up to play this game you agree to abide by the rules.. So its not unreasonable to expect some kind of reaction when a player uses excessive bad language during a role play in public chats.

The decent and respectful people who play this game play by the rules. The rest of the people don't. Its much the same as real life. Only difference here is that the rules are hardly ever enforced by the Admins/Devs. This then creates a situation where players have to speak up for them selves and others that are being offended by the rule breaking. Which in turn causes the players who have no respect for the rules or anyone else but them selves to accuse them of being full of them selves and hide behind the fact its a 'sex game' and 'they pay to play it' to preach that they can do what they like. Then it just turns into one big drama. Its a never ending circle.

I totally get the exhibitionist fantasy some players have and why they would enjoy sex and sexual role play in the middle of the dance floor in the night club. But to do it and not expect some kind of negative reaction is pretty ignorant if you ask me. Especially if the role play is using excessive bad language.

Bad words can be used outside of roleplay and we have a rule and punishment about it , thats why roleplay in local chat may not be punishable and "its not against the rules" .

What is different the usual big text in the chat and roleplay text in the chat ? It's simple , aggressive players will always find a reason to attack someone and to show their stupidity .

Usual text or roleplay text , it is all just a textThere and here may be bad words . There's no problem , the only problem is aggressive players and

this not a big problem , just ignore them or report them if they break the rules . Peace <3

The rule is simple. No excessive use of bad language. It doesn't say 'except for role playing'. It doesn't matter what context you use bad language, bad language is bad language. You can say 'fuck' and it can mean many different things, good and bad, but its still considered as bad language.

If you want to role play using bad language, fine, im sure all of us here do! But its not for local chat. Keep that stuff private or to group chat where you know you wont be offending anyone..

Guest Eddster

We are just debating common sense at this point. I'd like to think everyone knows "excessive" anything isn't a good thing. Let alone spam cursing, even then, that's not roleplaying. That's just being an ignorant fuck.  ;)

I have to wonder about that "bad language" part in the rules, though.

For me, "bad language" would be something like "r U frE 4 sex?" or "All your boom-boom are belong to us."

Usually, profanity is labeled as "profanity".

Given the environment, I'd think the devs would be much more concerned about people polluting the general atmosphere with 733+speak and bad grammar and a lack of punctuation than hearing a "bitch" or "fuck" or "cunt" thrown around pervasively.

Even if "bad language" in the official rules is meant to signify profanity, I'd still think it's an attempt to cut down on the thug-speak than to inhibit sexual roleplay.

I have to wonder about that "bad language" part in the rules, though.

For me, "bad language" would be something like "r U frE 4 sex?" or "All your boom-boom are belong to us."

LOL really? You think they are going to have a rule about grammar? Or how you spell? LMAO.. *sigh* Interpretation is a wonderful thing hey? Im actually still laughing..

It is plainly obvious that 'excessive bad language' is referring to profanity/swearing etc.. But I guess those that want to use profanity etc in public, not caring if it offends others, will spin it what ever way they want. That's what they do to try and justify their actions..

Right, im outta this thread.. Couldn't actually care less if people rp or use profanity myself.. Just pointing out the rules.. Like Sage said, the Admins/Devs need to step up and clarify a number of ongoing issues..

LOL really? You think they are going to have a rule about grammar? Or how you spell? LMAO.. *sigh* Interpretation is a wonderful thing hey? Im actually still laughing..

It is plainly obvious that 'excessive bad language' is referring to profanity/swearing etc.. But I guess those that want to use profanity etc in public, not caring if it offends others, will spin it what ever way they want. That's what they do to try and justify their actions..

Right, im outta this thread.. Couldn't actually care less if people rp or use profanity myself.. Just pointing out the rules.. Like Sage said, the Admins/Devs need to step up and clarify a number of ongoing issues..

I'm happy I could amuse you. :D *beams*

I was being mostly facetious. Still, "bad language" is a curious choice of wording, and I agree their meaning and intent could both use some clarification. ;)

It does raise a question in my head, though, why profanity would be such a concern. I mean, this is a place where someone can approach me and, with no preamble whatsoever, invite me to partner up with them, after which, still without a word, my very next invitation could be to be held by my bum from behind with my calves cradling my ears while bouncing my little pucker on a cock so deeply I can taste my breakfast all over again. And all of this can take place anywhere in the game world, in private or in public. Who exactly are the devs worried will be offended by "excessive bad language"...?  :huh: 

Who exactly are the devs worried will be offended by "excessive bad language"...?  :huh: 

A lot has changed since the rules were first devised. Since I am not a Dev, I can only speculate, but I think that the original idea, when the server was still new and the community very, very small, was to have a general, loosely defined set of rules that the moderators could interpret as needed when they dealt with conflicts.

Now that the idea of in-game moderation has been abandoned, you might think that maybe the rules should be revised and their intent made clearer, based on experience gained as the community grew. But I suspect that the Devs really don't want to get into all that. Obviously they don't want people running around spouting hate speech, but they probably don't want to be bothered with having to define whether expressions like BBC or SWC express a sexual fetish or racial prejudice.

So I think the Devs prefer to take a laissez-faire approach, and hope that the community with show consideration for each other's feelings in working things out whenever there is a conflict. Thus we have the occasional thread like this one, which goes around and around in circles when people entrench themselves in a particular stance. It is a problem that will only get worse over time, as the community grows and becomes more diverse. But that is the nature of the Internet. We will have to rehash these issues over and over again as new people with new ideas come in. But that will also give us new food for thought, and new ideas will come of that. 

Hold on tight and enjoy the ride. :D