3DXChat Community

My bandwidth consumption is through the roof at NC since last update

Nymphpott

I have been keeping a eye on my bandwidth usage of late because my isp has a cap and i gotta be careful.

Lately, Since the last update i noticed when i am in NC my bandwidth usage is just sky rocketing out of control. Even with the Radio.dl file deleted and music turned off. It is going nuts.  Everywhere else is fine. NC is just tearing through my bandwidth at alarming rates . 

Asked a friend to help me confirm tonight to see if it was just me and he confirmed its going haywire as soon as he stepped foot in there as well. Tons more bandwidth is being consumed  at NC then any other location. 

I uninstalled game and installed it again. Cleaned out registry and what not. I am still using far to much bandwidth for my liking. Not talking about a few megabytes here . I used around 100 mb in a few minutes of being there. Before update i could be in there all night and not use that. Now its like i am streaming a high def movie or something. 

Can you Awesome devs take a look at this.  Seems removing radio file and turning off music does nothing at all for me in NC anymore.  

What's happening with your bandwidth if you disable radio streaming in the Settings?

Hi Gizmo,

It goes down a tiny bit when i disable the "Enable radio" button in settings. But only a little. Its using up like 20 times more bandwidth then lovers island for me as soon as i step foot in the door.  

OefcYCK.jpg

N75zYWx.jpg

I notice the exact same behavior on my part. 

The game seen to download up to 2 Mb per seconds while in the Night Club as you can see in those Screenshot. 

post-24-0-46499200-1418928884.png

post-24-0-63771100-1418928892.png

The network usage drop drasticly when I switch to Love Island.

post-24-0-98607500-1418928899.png

post-24-0-46499200-1418928884_thumb.png

post-24-0-63771100-1418928892_thumb.png

post-24-0-98607500-1418928899_thumb.png

Yup Nymph :) 

I think it doesn't have to do with you but it everyone.

Might explained the possible deconnection problem that some got if the internet connection is a little low. It does transfert 2 Mb per second none stop. 

In my case, the radio was disable inside the game. It the reason, I think, that you don't see the radio address into the list of my screenshot. 

And whatihost.com is also the big winner in my case. 

Yup Nymph :)

I think it doesn't have to do with you but it everyone.

Might explained the possible deconnection problem that some got if the internet connection is a little low. It does transfert 2 Mb per second none stop. 

Its freaking crazy. I downloaded 2-3 gigs last night dancing for a bit with friends and chatting. Looked at my bandwidth meter and almost jumped a foot in air. Luckily i didn't fall asleep or would have big bill at end of month. Now that you mention it some of my friends have been disconnecting the past few days more so then before as well. 

Ya know i cant wait until Canada gets with the times and gives us unlimited at descent prices again. These bandwidth caps are like pay as you go internet. They suck.  Third world countries have better net then north america and its drives me nuts. but thats another thread all together. I will zip my mouth about that before i go on a ranting and raving tirade...  lol 

I had the Whatihost.com last night to when i looked.  Tried googling it and didn't get much info. 

I just did some packet analysing and found the source of the "leak". 

I pin point the 163 MB of unneeded data downloaded in about 10 minutes. 

Thank you Nymph. I will report the information to support. 

Guest SoFlaBoy

It appears that some are effected worse than others, but there's no question the night club bandwidth utilization is out of control in comparison to other zones.

For me personally:

All other zones - 3K game , ~20K sky.fm

Night Club - Can fluctuate between ~100K - 200K game (whatihost.com), ~20K sky.fm

This fluctuation is also not present in other zones.

Both of these were taken while in the night club.

***Good work Skar ..  Wireshark for the win?

9ec0457c22.png

8fcd854c03.png

***Good work Skar ..  Wireshark for the win?

Indeed :) Very useful program.

It is a problem with the 3dxChat Client that keep downloading the same file over and over again while in NC. That single file explain the base difference between Night Club and Love Island or the other zones. The amount of data download pile up quite fast.